Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | No More Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If no Eriksson, Lucic or Okposo.

Then adding both Brouwer and McGinn would add some depth and experience on offense.

Any interest left Perron? Perron would have 2 different centers in Edmonton to play with now in McDavid and Draisaitl.

Oil need a solid #3 center in the West. Look into Matthias or Nielsen

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Maybe I missed the second page of the article but this is very misleading....

Seems more like an Islanders writer is making a story out of nothing. Who even knows if that coach will be back with the team next year. If Hamonic wants out and Snow doesn't trade him, that is Snow's right. But he will have to deal with the fall out as well.

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton

Then adding both Brouwer and McGinn would add some depth and experience on offense.

Any interest left Perron? Perron would have 2 different centers in Edmonton to play with now in McDavid and Draisaitl.

From what I have read of him lately he doesn't even play centre anymore and has been unproductive as a 4th line winger... no thanks. Nielsen I'd have interest in but he'll probably get a bigger contract elsewhere to be a 2C

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

From little rumblings and rumors it seemed like Perron wasn't particularly interested in being an Oiler and wanted out, I wouldn't want him if he doesn't want to be here. Is everyone just assuming we trade RNH, both Chia and McLellan like having center depth and both have openly said they aren't the least bit shy about playing a center on the wing. You can just look at San Jose in McLellan last season they had the following players who had experience playing center- Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Marleau, Wingels, Tierney, Sheppard, Hertl, Desjardins, & M. Karlsson. In Chia's cup winning season they had the following players with center experience- Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Horton, Campbell, Savard, Peverley, & Kelly

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
From little rumblings and rumors it seemed like Perron wasn't particularly interested in being an Oiler and wanted out, I wouldn't want him if he doesn't want to be here. Is everyone just assuming we trade RNH, both Chia and McLellan like having center depth and both have openly said they aren't the least bit shy about playing a center on the wing. You can just look at San Jose in McLellan last season they had the following players who had experience playing center- Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Marleau, Wingels, Tierney, Sheppard, Hertl, Desjardins, & M. Karlsson. In Chia's cup winning season they had the following players with center experience- Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Horton, Campbell, Savard, Peverley, & Kelly

I thought the plan was

Maroon - McDavid - Eberle/Yakupov/Other
Hall - Drai/Nuge - Nuge/Drai

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If one of Hall or Eberle gets shipped you have to consider taking a run at Eriksson.

Eriksson is right in his prime. Acquire a real winger for McDavid early in his career.

That's finesse in your top 6. Eriksson can skate.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
If one of Hall or Eberle gets shipped you have to consider taking a run at Eriksson.

Eriksson is right in his prime. Acquire a real winger for McDavid early in his career.

I think it is all but certain Chia will take a run at him if given the chance, he was the primary piece in the Seguin trade and it would piss off the Bruins.

Oiler11

Oct 6, 2006
I think it is all but certain Chia will take a run at him if given the chance, he was the primary piece in the Seguin trade and it would piss off the Bruins.

That's actually the opposite vibe I get from Chia; I don't think he is the type to hold grudges and let emotions dictate his decisions. Kevin Lowe, on the other hand, might fit the mould you describe. He let Cory Perry slip away to spite Comrie.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I get the..............???

That's actually the opposite vibe I get from Chia; I don't think he is the type to hold grudges and let emotions dictate his decisions. Kevin Lowe, on the other hand, might fit the mould you describe. He let Cory Perry slip away to spite Comrie.

I get the hatred some people have for KLowe and MacT but to say that "He let Cory Perry slip away" is pure garbage........I am old enough to remember at the time of the trade proposal.....Perry was a unknown draft choice and had not played a game in the NHL.........while Comrie was coming off a very good NHL season.

Remember......Klowe also was responsible for trading for C Pronger in his one season in Edmonton. Why not give Lowe credit for the 2006 cup run too?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I donno. Eriksson will be 31 to start next season. Not sure he's really in his prime. He had a good season this year in a contract year, but the three years before were very underwhelming.

I'd be pretty hesitant to give a player big money on big term like I assume Eriksson will get when he's been not particularly good in 3 of the past 4 years.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I remember at the time a lot of people questioned Perry's ability to make it in the NHL due to his horrific skating, his hands were all world. I saw a play in London once where he had to deke the same guy out 4 times coming up the ice cause he was so slow, he did it which was funny, but I really can't recall anyone arguing super strongly that Perry was a future superstar or someone capable of winning the Rocket Richard trophy.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Stay away from okposo. Far away

He will be this summers' David clarkson
Not saying I would covet this player or anything, but comparing him to Clarkson is a bit of an insult, no?

Okposo has had three pretty solid seasons in a row now. I'd take him if the price was right.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I donno. Eriksson will be 31 to start next season. Not sure he's really in his prime. He had a good season this year in a contract year, but the three years before were very underwhelming.

I'd be pretty hesitant to give a player big money on big term like I assume Eriksson will get when he's been not particularly good in 3 of the past 4 years.

A lot of his poor play had to do with concussions, he's a really good two-way player though and I think that is an element we sorely lack in our top 6.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Not saying I would covet this player or anything, but comparing him to Clarkson is a bit of an insult, no?

Okposo has had three pretty solid seasons in a row now. I'd take him if the price was right.

i listened to a couple of games vs TB on XM and the TB announcers nicknamed him Okghostpo because he was invisible. Okposo gets a lot of points because he is playing along side one of the best centers in the NHL in an offensive division. Yak would put up similar numbers. The announcers called him leaving as addition by subtraction and said the Isles are going to be desperate to get some wingers. They said - "Tavares cannot do everything by himself" which is pretty harsh if you were his linemates.

Someone is going to look at his size and assume he is a power forward. He isn't. He plays a lot like Pouliot except he is not as adept defensively. His signing is maybe not Clarkson bad , more like Chris Stewart bad

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

No... And we've heard this same crap about Lucic and Eriksson too.

I feel like Brouwer and McGinn would be a better haul than one of those big named guys.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

I dont know what the market can handle. LE wants a big deal but he wwill have to go to a team looking to give money away to get to the cap floor, to reach his wanted contract levels. no teams that are competing will give him that contract...they simply dont have the room for him at that number for that age.

its not aabout the age at the start of the contraact he is a good player but no team hoping foor a cup can put that money and term into this guy.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
A lot of his poor play had to do with concussions, he's a really good two-way player though and I think that is an element we sorely lack in our top 6.

solid player. but keep in mind that Chia wanted him because of his 2 way play, being a solid winger who would fit their system, AND CAP FRIENDLY CONTRACT. LUs contract at that time was a great contract and allowed the Bruins to make a decent deal which dropped their cap but got them the type of player they wanted.

THIS CONTRACT will not be cap friendly.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

Yikes

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

I think that's a bit harsh to say when he has been consistent every year in terms of points and goals. Clarkson had 1 good year of goal scoring and got his crazy contract. But I do agree with staying away from him in terms of how much a year he'd demand. Most likely between 6-7M per.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No Hamonic for you! Lol

Interesting article

Capuano surprisingly hints about possible Hamonic return http://nyp.st/1VPHetO

Unless Boychuk was hurt they can't afford to move Hamonic. Although he was their most physical d-man so I don't know that Johnny was hurt.

The fact is Hamonic was their number 1 this year in the regular season, he split being #1 with Leddy in the playoffs. They are in a lot of trouble moving him with the decline of Boychuk.

Add to the fact that they have a couple key guys in Okposo and Nielsen set to become UFA's and the Isles could very well find themselves missing the playoffs next year

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
We are seen as the worst organization in the NHL with all the losing in the last decade. Player Agents have said we top the list for clients with NTC/NMC and are one of the least preferred destinations in the NHL. What makes any of you think big time free agents will want to sign here? Then factor in the players that have signed here and the disastrous results. I honestly can't see any free agent that is coveted signing here. The only way is us grossly overpaying and that is the last thing any fan should want happening. Stop your lusting of Lucic, Okposo, Eriksson, etc - it's a pipe dream.

Also of note....speculation is Garth Snow will be replaced by George McPhee. Wonder what that means for a potential Hamonic trade.....

Edit: That NYP article just reinforced to me that Hamonic will be traded. If he was going to stay he would have come out and said "I'm staying"

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
i listened to a couple of games vs TB on XM and the TB announcers nicknamed him Okghostpo because he was invisible. Okposo gets a lot of points because he is playing along side one of the best centers in the NHL in an offensive division. Yak would put up similar numbers. The announcers called him leaving as addition by subtraction and said the Isles are going to be desperate to get some wingers. They said - "Tavares cannot do everything by himself" which is pretty harsh if you were his linemates.

Someone is going to look at his size and assume he is a power forward. He isn't. He plays a lot like Pouliot except he is not as adept defensively. His signing is maybe not Clarkson bad , more like Chris Stewart bad

While this might be true, why do people always assume you can replace a guy that easily? Look at the Pens, they are looking for wingers every year to play with their generational centers.

You have something that works, why mess with it? Money of course, but not this stupid theory that anyone can play with Tavares.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
We are seen as the worst organization in the NHL with all the losing in the last decade. Player Agents have said we top the list for clients with NTC/NMC and are one of the least preferred destinations in the NHL. What makes any of you think big time free agents will want to sign here? Then factor in the players that have signed here and the disastrous results. I honestly can't see any free agent that is coveted signing here. The only way is us grossly overpaying and that is the last thing any fan should want happening. Stop your lusting of Lucic, Okposo, Eriksson, etc - it's a pipe dream.

Also of note....speculation is Garth Snow will be replaced by George McPhee. Wonder what that means for a potential Hamonic trade.....

We've heard this for years yet we signed Pouilot, Sekera, Fayne and had no real issue keeping Talbot. These were all guys that a lot of other teams wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad