Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | No More Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Last thread passed 1000.

Some posts:

How is it "bad optics" that Halak would make slightly more than Talbot? It's not the Oilers who gave him the contract. Talbot would still be the starter (unless he gets outplayed, which would then likely mean Halak is playing lights out).

As for overpaying, if Eberle is the main piece in a package for a legit top pair defender (on a beauty contract no less), I don't care what the adds are, you aren't overpaying.

Matt Martin is the ultimate player to avoid imo. He's strictly a 4th line player and going to get a big pay day. I pity the team that ends up paying him 2.5-3 million dollars per year for 4 or 5 years.

A team like the Oilers absolutely cannot afford to give 4th line players the type of premium dollars Matt Martin is going to get this summer.

It's not a bad trade for the Islanders
Their fans on the main boards just think that Eberle is trash

Friedman explained it very well.

Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck as a line works very well.

Otherwise, a guy who can only hit doesn't fare well.

Martin is close to that kind of player. NYI would be wise to hold onto him and other teams would be wise not to pay him.

Pouliot I want to keep around.

For a team that didn't manage to pot a single goal with their season on the line you'd think they might see a bit of need for goal scoring ability.

I would too but if he's a large piece in a deal to get defense he's gotta go.

He's expendable if we can fix the D.

As others have hinted, my ideal scenario is Eberle for Hamonic, and Yak + Pouliot for Vatanen. Focus on Free agency.

Our D is set, we will just need to add more forward to create competition at camp.

McDavid
Hall
Draisaitl
RNH
Maroon
Letestu
Hendricks
Lander
Kassian
PacMan
Caggiula
Dubois/Tkachuk
Slepyslev
Khaira
Yakimov

We certainly need more vets in there!

Ducks won't take salary for Vatanen that's the main reason they have to let him go.

It'd have to be something like EDM 1st 2017 (top 5 protected) + Reinhart or something.

Still very weak on bottom 6 depth, and winger depth is now awful too (although Caggiula and Dubois help a lot).

Not sure I'd be willing to get rid of all three of Eberle, Yakupov, and Pouliot with no forwards coming back our way.

To MIN: Eberle
To NYI: Brodin, Yakupov
To EDM: Hamonic, Strome

To ANA: EDM 1st (Top 5 protected) 2017 + Griffin Reinhart
To EDM: Sami Vatanen

Draft: Pierre Luc Dubois

Maroon McDavid Strome
Hall Draisaitl Kassian
Pouliot RNH Dubois
Hendricks Letestu Caggiula

Klefbom Hamonic
Sekera Vatanen
Davidson Nurse
Fayne

I'm confident we would make some signing to address the issue. But, every team has areas of weakness. I would prefer it to be on the wing. Easiest thing to draft, trade for and sign.

In fact if we land Hamonic and Vatanen without losing any D, I would be open for moving reinhart for a solid 3rd liner.

Ew gross. Add another 2 young unproven players to the fwds? Done nothing to upgrade the top 6 fwds with at least 2 good veteran know-how-to-win type presence? Even the two new "upgrades" on D will struggle with the gong show at fwd. We should have been acquiring true good third liner at center like a Matt Cullen not Lestestu, Gordon etc. Kassian and Maroon locked in at top 6? Risky. Be prepared for another bottom 5 finish, bottom 10 at least if this is anything like the line up we will see in the new season. No where near playoffs.

Need to move more players out. Hall, maybe Nuge or Drai (less so Drai), Poo. Obtain that good top 6 vet presence or two and maybe another top 4 Dman.
Wheels will keep spinning unless major major changes. Too many guys still in your lineup that knows nothing about how to win in important roles: Hall, Nuge. Obviously willing to keep McD to learn how to win but he needs smart vet fwds around him, not a doofus like Hall.

And then we lose 2 good players via the expansion draft... (protect 8 skaters)

It's going to be tricky but Chia needs to ship out our roster forwards for D, not futures in order to minimize our losses during the expansion draft.

Edit: I just remembered McDavid + Nurse are exempt. We should be good :D

I said it before but I'm going to make it clear.

Davidson and Nurse CANNOT be paired together.

They are awful together. They do not compliment each other's styles.

They also both shoot left.

Last edited by a moderator:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Just checking the Isle board. Wow are they in for disappointment. Many are assuming a Hall for Hamonic+ trade is an option. Hamonic is not a D that comes close to getting a guy like Hall, imo. If Chia traded Hall for Hamonic+ he'd be run out of town.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Just checking the Isle board. Wow are they in for disappointment. Many are assuming a Hall for Hamonic+ trade is an option. Hamonic is not a D that comes close to getting a guy like Hall, imo. If Chia traded Hall for Hamonic+ he'd be run out of town.

Not to mention hamonic is the one with the trade request not the other way around.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

They are going to be so pissed when they add to Hamonic to get Eberle :laugh:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
referencing those quotes, imo Davidson would be fine penciled in on the right side. He didn't lose a step this season when he moved there. As long as we add some legit right shots, it won't be a problem. Nurse in the NHL could be an issue though, even on the bottom pairing. He could make a step forward though. I definitely still believe he has top pairing potential

Also if we draft Dubois, keep him in junior for a season. He's not a McDavid level prospect. With our team in the state it's in, we can't trust that he will develop properly on our team. It's also not about fixing the team. Only established teams can shelter an 18 year old prospect of his type.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Not to mention hamonic is the one with the trade request not the other way around.

If Snow's thoughts on Hamonic are anywhere close to HFIsle's thoughts then we should ditch the Hamonic idea completely. Snow can be the dick that refuses the trade request for a good, honourable player and he can pay the price for it when players start to turn away from playing for him.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If Halak is getting packaged with Hamonic then Fayne better be going the other way along with Eberle.

Hamonic + Halak = 9.4M
Eberle+Fayne = 9.6M

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
If Snow's thoughts on Hamonic are anywhere close to HFIsle's thoughts then we should ditch the Hamonic idea completely. Snow can be the dick that refuses the trade request for a good, honourable player and he can pay the price for it when players start to turn away from playing for him.

Demers is plan B if Hamonics price is to high.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Yeah not happening. They aren't even getting Nuge for Hamonic.

Edit: I just went over there to check. One poster actually said "I would be OK if we got Hall" ...

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
So... Other teams over value their players. What else is new? This board does it too.

Fans form emotional attachments to players that add to their perceived value. RNH isn't worth as much as we think he is. Either is Eberle. Or Yakupov.

It's just the nature of fandom. That doesn't make them idiots.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

Well.... if that + was something we couldn't turn down. Like if it was a + + +

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
So... Other teams over value their players. What else is new? This board does it too.

Fans form emotional attachments to players that add to their perceived value. RNH isn't worth as much as we think he is. Either is Eberle. Or Yakupov.

I don't see anyone calling them idiots. I am saying they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Well.... if that + was something we couldn't turn down. Like if it was a + + +

Hamonic is not the big piece in a trade for Hall. Add as many minor +'s as you like, I still wouldn't do it. Real life isn't the an NHL video game were you can add enough minor pieces to fill a trade value bar.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
my ideal offseason:

draft PLD

sign Demers 5*5.25

fayne for nothing

yak for shaw

hall + 62 overall + musil for hamonic + nelson + lee

nelson-mcdavid-eberle
lee-rnh-drai
pouliot-shaw-maroon
hendricks-letesticles-kassian
xxx

klefbom-hamonic
sekera-demers
davidson-nurse/reinhart/ppqb
oesterle

talbot
xxx

then next offseason get a number one to push us over the top for the cup

put PLD in junior for another year

put nurse and reinhart in the ahl for another year if we can get a good ppqb

expansion draft protect:
rnh
drai
ebs
nelson
lee
shaw
maroon/pouliot

sekera(NMC)
klefbom
hamonic/demers(outside chance at davidson taking this spot if he continues his exponential trajectory)

Talbot

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

That's why it's going to be an interesting day on these boards when two of those three get traded in the summer.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't see anyone calling them idiots. I am saying they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Hamonic is not the big piece in a trade for Hall. Add as many minor +'s as you like, I still wouldn't do it. Real life isn't the an NHL video game were you can add enough minor pieces to fill a trade value bar.

You're probably right on that response there, but things have been so crazy over the past few seasons that when it comes to big trades anything seems possible to be.

I'd be shocked if a Hall trade was made involving Hamonic but hey nothing is impossible after looking at the return that Boston got for Hamilton.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

And somepeople develop hate for players which lowers to there perceived value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad