Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Lavoie, Pederson, & Gleason clear waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Is Connor Murphy an upgrade on Ceci? The Hawks have at least shown they are willing to eat cap for draft capital. He does have a 10 team NTC, and is American. Two years left, but at 50% would be 1m cheaper than Ceci.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is Connor Murphy an upgrade on Ceci? The Hawks have at least shown they are willing to eat cap for draft capital. He does have a 10 team NTC, and is American. Two years left, but at 50% would be 1m cheaper than Ceci.
He is, but it's doubtful that he moves with the number of LHD prospects they have there.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Why Eberle when you can have Hall?
RW is the bigger need. Although I have to say, something like this is super intriguing.

Kane-McDavid-X
Hall-Draisaitl-X
Holloway-Nuge-Hyman

In any case, any major assets that we spend should be spent on D/G. A Bjugstad-type addition is all I'm expecting up front come the deadline.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
RW is the bigger need. Although I have to say, something like this is super intriguing.

Kane-McDavid-X
Hall-Draisaitl-X
Holloway-Nuge-Hyman

In any case, any major assets that we spend should be spent on D/G. A Bjugstad-type addition is all I'm expecting up front come the deadline.
Bourgault and Lavoie on the RW lol

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't get the Ceci hate. The guy has completely blown away my expectations since coming here. He makes relatively little money and has absolutely helped Nurse out on that pairing.

I can't imagine getting a significant upgrade on him at his cap hit.
Ceci has been horrendous the last 2 playoff runs, wasn't good most of last regular season either. I don't know who has been worse between him and Nurse but I do know that the two of them together is a recipe for utter disaster if a team is serious about winning a Cup.

I don't even blame Ceci. He's a fine #4/#5 on a good team much like Kulak but he's being played as a 2/3 here and he's clearly overwhelmed in that role. It doesn't help that the guy he replaced has elevated his game big time in Seattle.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I do not see him coming back to Edmonton anytime soon

My psychic powers say he will be in Edmonton on .... November .... 15th of this year.

I don't get the Ceci hate. The guy has completely blown away my expectations since coming here. He makes relatively little money and has absolutely helped Nurse out on that pairing.

I can't imagine getting a significant upgrade on him at his cap hit.

His 3.25 mill cap hit means you could theoretically get back a 6.5 million player if the other team retains 50% (which teams generally will at the deadline because they want picks).

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ceci+ for Petry(retained 50%)

Skinner+Broberg for Saros
The first trade I think could be a shrewd move, I just want to establish that Petry is no longer the player he once was, I really don't see him as a fit or the fix for the Nurse pairing, but could be a cost effective piece that really catapults our 3rd pairing up another level.

The 2nd trade just seems like some pie in the sky thinking I doubt Saros could be had so cheaply and his contract would press our nose right up to the cap ceiling without addressing the Nurse pairing, maybe something else could be done, I think that upgrade above all others is our most glaring need.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Here’s what the Oilers should do. Hire 5 more pro scouts. Have them dedicate themselves to watching the worst teams in the League. Teams that will actually be sellers and teams where the trade target player actually wants to find a better situation and would consider Edmonton, that. Have them find the next Petry or the next Ullmark just toiling away on a bad team. That’s how you win trades, that’s how you build a contender. We can’t be going for known quantities anymore, we already blew our load with Hyman, Kane, Campbell in UFA. There’s only so much money to go around, at this point you NEED to find some bargains. Of course all of this would have been nice before Archie wasted years of the McD era with his old and tired eyes.

This strategy could have included our PTOs in a small sense too. Instead of retreads and injury recovery hopefuls we could have targeted younger, higher potential guys and just hopes something sticks.

Last year, Kostin stuck, he was a 1st rounder with high potential, toiling away on a bad team in a bad situation. It worked cause he had the necessary talent to make something happen and it worked cause he appreciated the oppurtunity to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino