Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Heritage Classic Forecast: Chance for McFlurries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pulju is still unsigned and Finnish media is reporting that the rehabilitation is going as planned. He has to sign before December 1st to be able to play in NHL this season.
I don't know where he would fit on our team even though Brown hasn't started well and I would think that Lavoie should get a shot first. We also need some toughness IMO.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Pulju is still unsigned and Finnish media is reporting that the rehabilitation is going as planned. He has to sign before December 1st to be able to play in NHL this season.
If he wants top 6 time he can go look elsewhere. I'd love him in a bottom 6 role though. Would love him especially on our 4th line but that dude probably still thinks he's better than that.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Kane looks completely disinterested. It's a pattern he's shown with other teams that he's been with long term.
I get that he's coming off a major injury, but his feet look slow.
Wondering if you try to move him now before other teams catch on.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
Kane looks completely disinterested. It's a pattern he's shown with other teams that he's been with long term.
I get that he's coming off a major injury, but his feet look slow.
Wondering if you try to move him now before other teams catch on.
He looks brutal so far. Can't shoot or stick handle no more. Watch him....he just pokes the puck forward with one hand now. Like a Mighty Mite hockey player.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Jackson calls Laurence Gillman, Eric Tlusky, Sean Burke and formulates a plan of co GMs. Likely 2 of those three.
Then he fires Kenny. Thank you for your services.
Then these guys make some hard management decisions.

Then they have to choose their playing style. A combination of loose/goosey and 1/3/1 for the whole team does not work.
Surgery (perhaps major) is next.

The trades i wanted to make starting june second are no longer possible.
The Yamo and picks trade
The Philidelphia story
And the Montreal idea.

Gone.
A different strategy and more deep in its cut will be required now.
This is not 1 D man and one fourth liner fix.

Last edited:

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
We have a 10 game out clause on Brown, wonder if we start to think about using it.

Erne doesn’t bug me, at least he’s being physical. It’s not like Lavoie would get any icetime playing for rookie slowplay Woodcroft.

Someone mentioned Quenneville in the game thread yesterday, that would be interesting if Jay can’t turn it around. Despite the certain PR hit, Oilers have a track record of giving second chances.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We have a 10 game out clause on Brown, wonder if we start to think about using it.

Erne doesn’t bug me, at least he’s being physical. It’s not like Lavoie would get any icetime playing for rookie slowplay Woodcroft.

Someone mentioned Quenneville in the game thread yesterday, that would be interesting if Jay can’t turn it around. Despite the certain PR hit, Oilers have a track record of giving second chances.
I agree about exploring an out for Brown, though I don't don't dislike him as much as many, but Erne is pretty useless.

He's been slightly physical, but honestly bring some guys up instead.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think there is an out clause for Brown.

He has to be paid real money by whoever inherits his contract which means a rebuilding/cheap team like Arizona may well take him on but they will want like a 1st round pick to do so.

That's not insured LTIR money they have to basically pay him real dollars, the cap hit being here or there doesn't change that fact.

You could bury him in the AHL but are Holland and Jackson (keep in mind Jackson is Brown's just removed agent) really going to do that and keep him in the AHL for the whole year while also denying him 3.2 million? He'll be livid and likely make a stink about it.

I said it many times over the summer, people didn't realize how poor of a move this could be, now some people are waking up.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think there is an out clause for Brown.

He has to be paid real money by whoever inherits his contract which means a rebuilding/cheap team like Arizona may well take him on but they will want like a 1st round pick to do so.

That's not insured LTIR money they have to basically pay him real dollars, the cap hit being here or there doesn't change that fact.

You could bury him in the AHL but are Holland and Jackson (keep in mind Jackson is Brown's just removed agent) really going to do that and keep him in the AHL for the whole year while also denying him 3.2 million? He'll be livid and likely make a stink about it.

I said it many times over the summer, people didn't realize how poor of a move this could be, now some people are waking up.
And?

I mean I don't think it happens, but I honestly don't really care if a guy is upset to be in the minors because he was underperforming.

This is professional sports, not junior hockey

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
And?

I mean I don't think it happens, but I honestly don't really care if a guy is upset to be in the minors because he was underperforming.

This is professional sports, not junior hockey

The problem is you're basically purposefully tanking a season in the guy's career because you don't want to pay a bonus, not because he's not good enough to play in the NHL.

He already didn't play last year, so now you're going to force him to miss a 2nd year of NHL play in a row because of your cap stupidity?

They're not going to do that.

This whole thing was a monumentally stupid idea on Holland's part.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The problem is you're basically purposefully tanking a season in the guy's career because you don't want to pay a bonus, not because he's not good enough to play in the NHL.

He already didn't play last year, so now you're going to force him to miss a 2nd year of NHL play in a row because of your cap stupidity?

They're not going to do that.

This whole thing was a monumentally stupid idea on Holland's part.
I mean he'd go on waivers so he'd have a chance to go elsewhere. If he clears I'm sure Holland would give his agent the freedom to look for a trade.

Fact is guys can't just expect to get a pay cheque and not perform. It is a cap world with consequences for players and teams alike.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I mean he'd go on waivers so he'd have a chance to go elsewhere. If he clears I'm sure Holland would give his agent the freedom to look for a trade.

Fact is guys can't just expect to get a pay cheque and not perform. It is a cap world with consequences for players and teams alike.

Don’t see anyone taking that deal. 3.2 mill cap penalty next year for a guy coming off a major injury. It’s not happening. An Arizona may do it if you give them a 1st.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

You’re still alive? I thought you moved to the Carolina board.

JP is not the answer. Him and his glass hips should stay in Finland.

I’m not sure we have an out clause unless we farm him out?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Don’t see anyone taking that deal. 3.2 mill cap penalty next year for a guy coming off a major injury. It’s not happening. An Arizona may do it if you give them a 1st.
Then maybe the player shouldn't have signed the deal or at the very least play like he deserves the money.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Always the organizations fault with you. Not the player that is clearly not playing up to his contract.

This was an insane risk to take, you can't seriously sit there and say the front office isn't at fault here.

The 10 game thing was only a clause thrown in there in case like it turned out his health had totally failed or he re-injured himself in camp or something.

It's not there to get rid of the guy if he's healthy.

They signed a deal where they agreed to pay him $4 million dollars if he's healthy. If they wanted performance bonuses tied to that, then they should've freaking told him that and if that wasn't going to work, then let him sign somewhere else, but now we're going to do what? Hold his career hostage? It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This was an insane risk to take, you can't seriously sit there and say the front office isn't at fault here.

The 10 game thing was only a clause thrown in there in case like it turned out his health had totally failed or he re-injured himself in camp or something.

It's not there to get rid of the guy if he's healthy.

They signed a deal where they agreed to pay him $4 million dollars if he's healthy. If they wanted performance bonuses tied to that, then they should've freaking told him that and if that wasn't going to work, then let him sign somewhere else instead of holding his career hostage.
His career isn't held hostage he has waivers. He wanted an easily to obtain contract then this is the potential risk that goes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad