Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Free Agent Interview Period Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I really hope we are one of the teams pursuing Strahlman, however unlikely he signs here.

I don't think we'll know unless we sign him.

I said in the last thread that this summer is probably when Russell's contract will have its best value.

If Stralman is coming in and Russell can garner a decent prospect who is ready to step into an AHL scoring role and can develop into a few seasons of 20 goals, I'm interested. Very interested.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
With all these rumored costs of guys barely better than Russell, guy will have value. If they let Hutton walk and miss out on a big free agent defender. Russell with say 500 retention could be good for them.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Then Russell is in the deal, not Larsson.
Well Spector said, in regards to Kadri - Larsson, the guts of a deal are there.
Kadri is worth more than Larsson, and we would need a RHD, so Zaitsev would work, but we woud also need to add to this...not sure what though.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
With all these rumored costs of guys barely better than Russell, guy will have value. If they let Hutton walk and miss out on a big free agent defender. Russell with say 500 retention could be good for them.
I wonder if a double retention could be in play with Russell. Oilers retain 500k, go to a rebuilding team like Detroit or the Rangers and say we’ll give you a pick/middling prospect to retain another 500k and then have him off to the final destination. I’d think Russell at 3M would have a fair bit of value after seeing the Braun deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah no kidding. Who the hell is going to play alongside Klefbom.

I like the basis of the trade but not having money to bring in a replacement on D is a bad, bad idea.

In a scenario like that one we’d pretty much have to do something like this:

Nurse-Klefbom
Sekera-Russell
Jones-Benning
Persson

I have lots of time for Kadri and Lars wasn’t at his best last year, but that D isn’t very good to start with and is one injury away from falling all to pieces.

Reactions: McFuhryous

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I dont think this team is that far out of the playoffs with the current roster. Most of the issues I saw last season had to do with defenisve structure.
I honestly think that with some defenisve structure implemented by Tippett and consistent goaltending the team will have had at least 5 - 6 more wins. Thats a possible 10 - 12 points.

A couple of solid adds and this team would be right in the mix.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The complete and utter cone of silence around this team is annoying. Yes we’re probably better off chasing July 2 free agents... but cmon local media group, a crumb? A drop? Something? Interview period’s been open for 48 hours, we have to have talked to SOMEONE.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The complete and utter cone of silence around this team is annoying. Yes we’re probably better off chasing July 2 free agents... but cmon local media group, a crumb? A drop? Something? Interview period’s been open for 48 hours, we have to have talked to SOMEONE.
Holland is probably done talking to our media since all they do is leak something as soon as he talks about it.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

We’ve been linked to Mrazek, Connolly, and Donskoi earlier, so you’ve got to assume we’re talking to them. Beyond that, it’s definitely quiet. I wonder if they’re trying to keep it hush to try and scoop up some of the second tier guys early

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We’ve been linked to Mrazek, Connolly, and Donskoi earlier, so you’ve got to assume we’re talking to them. Beyond that, it’s definitely quiet. I wonder if they’re trying to keep it hush to try and scoop up some of the second tier guys early

There is smoke around Donskoi as well?

Bangers

May 31, 2006
If the Oilers traded Larsson for a forward, that leaves the team with 4 NHL caliber LHD, Benning as the team's best/only RHD, and a bunch of kids.

The only way that makes sense is if Nuge is getting traded for a much better RHD than Larsson.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If the Oilers traded Larsson for a forward, that leaves the team with 4 NHL caliber LHD, Benning as the team's best/only RHD, and a bunch of kids.

The only way that makes sense is if Nuge is getting traded for a much better RHD than Larsson.

It really does make the defence a mess and it pretty much guarantees that Russell isnt going anywhere.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
hqpSgKA.png

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Here's what we need:
A goalie
A 3c
2 top 6 wingers
A 3rd line winger
To dump Lucic

Safe to assume we're not gonna get all that

And I like how you've listed them in what I believe to be highest to lowest priority.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Kadri + Zaitsev

for

Larsson + Gagner

Probably is a yes for me.

Larsson is a no.3, Zaitsev a no.4, Tippet can squeeze more defensively out of Zaitsev, but Kadri is a large shot in the arm for our forward group.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Get Kadri and trade for Green? With the cupboard the fullest it has ever been imo for D prospects if they can bring someone in like Green as a short stop gap than trading Larsson for Kadri wouldn't hurt nearly as much.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Get Kadri and trade for Green? With the cupboard the fullest it has ever been imo for D prospects if they can bring someone in like Green as a short stop gap than trading Larsson for Kadri wouldn't hurt nearly as much.

Or that. If you could acquire a Mike Green or Chris Tanev as a one year stop gap, buh bye Larsson.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've been calling for a Larsson for Kadri deal for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad