Proposal: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Free Agent Interview Period Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last one well past 1k. Can be found here.

---

Didn't see it talked about so why not start a new thread off with it.

Does Spector know something we don't? Would you do a Larsson for Kadri deal?

Mark Spector said:
Kadri absolutely fits the bill of the player the Oilers require to play centre behind Connor McDavid and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Does Holland have a defenceman to trade as the starting point to a trade with Toronto? If you buy out Sekera, it gets harder. If you don’t, could you move Adam Larsson in a deal for Kadri?

In Edmonton, Larsson is forced to play No. 2 minutes. In Toronto, as a No. 4, we predict that Leafs fans would fall in love with his game. Larsson has two years left at $4.16-million while Kadri has three remaining at $4.5-million. The guts of a deal are there.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Here's what we need:
A goalie
A 3c
2 top 6 wingers
A 3rd line winger
To dump Lucic

Safe to assume we're not gonna get all that

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would not fall in love with the trade of a number two defenseman for a number three center, which is what he's alluding to here.

Benning for Brown fits the needs of both teams.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I would not fall in love with the trade of a number two defenseman for a number three center, which is what he's alluding to here.

I think Kadri would fit in at 2C and Nuge to either 2LW or gone for a cheaper D option.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
In an ideal world, we move out a contract like Russell and then sign a more sure shot top 6 winger like Nyquist as well as a a middle 6 winger like Donskoi or Connolly. However, I'd say Nyquist is likely getting a minimum of $5.5M and Donskoi/Connolly are likely looking at a minimum of $3.5M which is likely outside of our price range. If we can't afford Nyquist, I hope we at least take a gamble on a high risk/reward candidate like Gusev as I don't think just adding Connolly to the top 9 forwards and subtracting Chiasson will make much of an impact.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
@npanciroli ...thanks for the info....

Just to add.

Connolly’s rank in the NHL in Goals Scored/60 5v5 last 3 years: (min 500 min played – all data from naturalstattrick.com)
18/19 – 1.28 – NHL Rank – 15th
17/18 – 0.83 – NHL Rank – 95th
16/17 – 1.26 – NHL Rank 13th

More on Connolly.
Last 3 years he’s played mostly with Eller on WSH’s 3rd line.
Here’s their 5v5 goal scoring rate/60 WOWY
18/19
Together 3.3
Connolly Apart 3.8
Eller Apart 1.6
17/18
Together 2.1
Connolly Apart 4.0
Eller Apart 2.0
16/17
Together 3.2
Connolly Apart 2.4
Eller Apart 1.6

This is credit to Woodguy on Lowetide's blog. I don' think he is as risky as people think.

Helps confirm my sense of who Connolly is as a player.

Reactions: npanciroli

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

I wish Larsson was a #2 defenseman but let's be real here, he hasn't developed into one as hoped when he was acquired. He's no more a #2 because he plays those minutes than Kris Russell is a #4 because of his ice time

Larsson is a #3 at best who looked closer to a 4 last year, still not sure I'd trade him for Kadri even though Kadri is closer to a 2c than a 3c.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It's more a trade of a #4dman for a #3c...

More like a guy who has played like a #2, #4 and at times bottom pairing guy in the last three years for a 2C that plays 3C on a team with Tavares and Matthews.

I can't imagine Larsson for Kadri straight up. I think you have to do that from an Oilers perspective. I'm NOT someone who believes Adam Larsson peaked at 24 or whatever, but the way he's played and the way Kadri's contract is that's a clear win. It probably pushes RNH to 2LW instead of installs Kadri as 3C.

Reactions: iCanada and 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
More like a guy who has played like a #2, #4 and at times bottom pairing guy in the last three years for a 2C that plays 3C on a team with Tavares and Matthews.

I can't imagine Larsson for Kadri straight up. I think you have to do that from an Oilers perspective. I'm NOT someone who believes Adam Larsson peaked at 24 or whatever, but the way he's played and the way Kadri's contract is that's a clear win. It probably pushes RNH to 2LW instead of installs Kadri as 3C.
I agree completely

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
RNH-Kadri-Connolly

Definitely helps the top 6 but the D remains a train wreck.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
RNH-Kadri-Connolly

Definitely helps the top 6 but the D remains a train wreck.

Yeah no kidding. Who the hell is going to play alongside Klefbom.

I like the basis of the trade but not having money to bring in a replacement on D is a bad, bad idea.

Reactions: Faelko

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I'd gladly take Kadri in our top 6, but Larsson is such a hard guy for me to give up on. He's still really young by Dman standards, has chemistry with our number 1 dman, and is due for a rebound season.

I also don't know if TO would want larsson, he's almost the same price and they'd need to fill the Kadri hole with something.

That said, if Toronto offered us Kadri for Larsson straight up, I think I'd eventually make peace with it. We desperately need scoring, and hopefully sekera can fill the Larsson hole until the young guys are ready.

Reactions: PuckNut

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Buying out Russell saves $3.1M this year and $583K next season. The two years after that would each have $917K of dead cap but by then Pouliot's buyout is off the books.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
One option would be to move out Russel and then swing a deal for Colin Miller. Puljujarvi + 2nd?

I mean, it'd make Miller the 1RHD but Russell was the 2RHD. Benning moves up? Bouchard plays?

I still think you HAVE to make that mess if the deal is Larsson for Kadri, but man, Holland would better need a plan for RHD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad