Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Duncan Keith has decided to retire" - Pierre LeBrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I would sign Kane, Giroux, Strome and Pitlick first and then trade for Gibson. That’s how you entice Gibson to waive his M-NTC. He’s not going to want to come here if the lineup looks like crap

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
McLeod at 1.5 seems like a stretch considering it’s his first contract out of ELC. He’s closer to 1M on a 2 year deal.

Does Yamo have any negotiating power either? I know he signed a bridge deal last year but I imagine he’ll get another slightly above 2m this time if he doesn’t have arb rights.
I think he does have arb rights.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I'm probably nuts, but if you can get grioux at $4M, I would give him 4 years, I think he could remain effective throughout
He probably would yeah. He's one of those rare players. He'd be a great add for a lot of reasons, including that respected veteran presence in the room. Both Smith and Keith are gone now, so it'd be nice to learn from a player like him with his experience.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Evander Kane, Patrick Kane, Malkin, Giroux, Gudreau, Kadri, Forseberg, the list goes on and on of potentially available players to choose from. Not that all of them would consider us but this off season is pretty wild. I know we need a goaltender but I cant help but get a little chubbed up thinking about the potential additions that could be made.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I'm probably nuts, but if you can get grioux at $4M, I would give him 4 years, I think he could remain effective throughout
He probably would yeah. He's one of those rare players. He'd be a great add for a lot of reasons, including that respected veteran presence in the room. Both Smith and Keith are gone now, so it'd be nice to learn from a player like him with his experience.
Evander Kane, Patrick Kane, Malkin, Giroux, Gudreau, Kadri, Forseberg, the list goes on and on of potentially available players to choose from. Not that all of them would consider us but this off season is pretty wild. I know we need a goaltender but I cant help but get a little chubbed up thinking about the potential additions that could be made.
We're a few pieces away from being where we need to be I think. Let's see how it goes.

Holland did well under the circumstances. We need to thank Keith for his service...but also thank him for the cap space. Bit of luck there, but it helps.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I actually think that could be a difference maker in signing him. The next two years are so critical and to be honest, who cares if we overpay him in years 3 and 4. We need to win now - not in 5 years.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So why did Canes trade away DeAngelo. Granted it’s a haul. But they walked from Hamilton, found a replacement in DeAngelo, and now again without a PP QB. The asset management on display is pretty crazy.

If we just swapped in PO QBs doe the McDraiNuge PP every year and traded them away after their stats were boosted we’d recoup picks fast.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
So why did Canes trade away DeAngelo. Granted it’s a haul. But they walked from Hamilton, found a replacement in DeAngelo, and now again without a PP QB. The asset management on display is pretty crazy.

If we just swapped in PO QBs doe the McDraiNuge PP every year and traded them away after their stats were boosted we’d recoup picks fast.
Because he’s immature and a cancer

Reactions: smokersarejokers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Since there's literally 98 pages, I can't be bothered to check but I'm sure its in here (but assuming its not)

Bob recaps the 2022 NHL Draft (7/8/22) - Oilers NOW with Bob Stauffer

Stauffer mentioned at 17:39 that the Oilers will inevitably target a tough 4th line LW. Judging by it, it looks like

If Stauffer was the secret puppet master behind the Oilers for all these years I wouldn’t be surprised.

Edit: just watched the video. I swear every time is see Gudas fight he’s getting his ass kicked.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So Carolina GM said the AAV too high for DeAngelo. AAV is 5M. We know Carolina is going to try to steal Pulju.

I wonder if Barrie is included in negotiations to make it all come together. All of a sudden they need a RHD PP QB.

This means it’ll be Barrie + Pulju for a some sort of package. Considering that DeAngelo (known piece of shit) got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th we should expect the same for Barrie who’s only at 4.5M and has more established production.

For Pulju, ask for the f***in moon and don’t back down.

Reactions: CM4 and Bryanbryoil

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

It’s a running joke with Canes fans that a player gets traded when it’s time to qualify them.

Reactions: oilers'72

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s a running joke with Canes fans that a player gets traded when it’s time to qualify them.
Pump and dump scheme is working to load up their draft capital

But that’s a lot of dumping of players you’d think you want to build with…. Still tin foil hat thinking they are leaving room for the eventual Team Finland reunion. First comes Pulju. Then Laine eventually whines his way over there as well. It seems they always need to leave that cap room open.

Didn’t think it was possible.. but somehow I came away unimpressed by a Highlights video…

Reactions: DrDrai

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If that is the end result this offseason was a massive failure. Marchment is 27 and put up those point totals on a team who was the highest scoring team in the league in a year that had every single players numbers inflated. There is more evidence of him being a nothing next year than him replicating the year he just had. I can't imagine a team creating this much cap space to not add a single impact forward.
They’ve already got impact forwards.

This is their chance to get a goalie, solidify the second pairing and add some quality depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad