Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Deadline Day!... Extension for Davidson and LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Maybe Pirri's injury is worse than we thought and this is essentially just a deal for his RFA rights.

Well that's what I was kinda thinking anyway if we were to acquiring him, but my god is there something else to this story? Even RFA rights should be worth more than that.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Could the reason we took a step back from Pirri be that because we are already at 49 contracts??

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Looks like it's hard to get decent picks this year. Guys that use to bring back late 1sts are only getting 2nd and 3rds. Wonder if it's due to the new 3-spot lottery system combined with how close everyone is in the standings. Don't want to narrowly miss the playoffs and lose a potential top 3 pick. Been making for a very meh trade deadline. I'm sure the draft will be more interesting.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
A 6th rounder? Huh? What's the odds for a 6th rounder becoming an NHL player? Has to be less then 5%. That seems ridiculous.

i think there are people who argue the difference between a 3rd/4th and a 7th isn't really that much.

It could be better to have like 3 7ths then one 3rd.

But it's probably not entirely true.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sportsnet said that he may go for a big contract next

Big deal, you qualify him at his low offer and then if arbitration isn't an option you sit him. Plus I don't know that acquiring teams would know this anyway. Unless tallon is an open book about his dealings with agents.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Big deal, you qualify him at his low offer and then if arbitration isn't an option you sit him. Plus I don't know that acquiring teams would know this anyway. Unless tallon is an open book about his dealings with agents.
i would assume most teams have had dealings with most agents at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad