Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Deadline Day!... Extension for Davidson and LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
There is no insider info here. This is simply Spector sounding off on one of his favourite whipping boys.

Not understanding the Spector hate at all.

Spector just gave his opinion on Yaks value...you know...like this board does day in and day out.

Is Yak worth 2 - 2nd round draft picks?

I dont think he is which is why you keep him for now.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Pagnotta must be one of the worst 'insiders'. I think he's said 3 or 4 trades were going down that never happened in the last day.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Yakupov is car from untouchable and would definitely be on the table if I was GM. With that said, Spector is a goof. There's no reason to be actively trying to move Yakupov, and getting a draft pick isn't worth it either. If he can't be used to get the pieces we need on D or an upgrade on the wing, then don't trade him. It's as simple as that.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004

Spector just gave his opinion on Yaks value...you know...like this board does day in and day out.

Don't understand the hate either. And after watching him since the beginning I am not stunned either.

What I am stunned about is the love affair with Drouin as both cases feel like busts but one is in a 29 team bidding war it feels like.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yak does not fit in our top 6, now or ever without a bunch of things happening.

He needs to be much better and at least two of Hall, Ebs, or Nuge would have to go.

If he sticks it will be interesting if they try three scoring lines. Something that I don't believe McLellan is a fan of.

I would be shocked if Yak current value was much more than a third.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
People are always curious and attracted to something mysterious. The biggest commodity you can sell in the entire world in any industry is hope.

Drouin gives a team. Hope. Yak has been seen too much. You know what you are getting.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Do you think Drouin will go for a 2nd or less? If not then what has he done to make him more valuable than Yakupov? Or is refusing to honor your contract a positive these days.

Neither player is living up to their potential, but for players with their draft pedigree at a young age teams don't throw them away for a pick that has no more than a 30% chance to ever play in the NHL.

Yak may never turn it around. But unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about trading him now for that value would be stupid. Yzerman knows this. I am sure Chia does as well.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

He also stated that the Oilers would take a pick for Yak and is suggesting that a 2nd might be too much to hope for. Given his track record for accuracy with Oilers insider info, it's understandable why some are calling him out.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Pagnotta must be one of the worst 'insiders'. I think he's said 3 or 4 trades were going down that never happened in the last day.

He doesn't break anything himself. He waits until someone else does, and then in the next minute or two says "I can confirm..." as if we need his confirmation.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Don't understand the hate either. And after watching him since the beginning I am not stunned either.

What I am stunned about is the love affair with Drouin as both cases feel like busts but one is in a 29 team bidding war it feels like.

Yeah...admittedly I haven't watched Drouin play all that much.

If I take a step back from both Yak and Drouin I think what might put Drouin in a somewhat positive light is that he hasnt played in the NHL long enough to determine what he brings as a player and reveal what his ceiling is.

In many minds Yak has played enough to know what he brings as a player and his ceiling is much more defined.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He also stated that the Oilers would take a pick for Yak and is suggesting that a 2nd might be too much to hope for. Given his track record for accuracy with Oilers insider info, it's understandable why some are calling him out.

Again...he isnt claiming to have inside info or that he is connected to the team...he is just stating his opinion.

There is a difference.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
People are always curious and attracted to something mysterious. The biggest commodity you can sell in the entire world in any industry is hope.

Drouin gives a team. Hope. Yak has been seen too much. You know what you are getting.

Oiler fans know all about HOPE.

Why exactly does Drouin give a team hope. Kid has shown nothing, except entitlement issues. Yak is more proven as a NHLer than he is.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Yak is the forward equivalent of Jultz. Lots of hockey skills, but nearly zero hockey IQ. That's not something you can teach. He is what you see. He might become a 20-25 goal scorer elsewhere but he'll never be the 40 goal guy he was supposed to be.

My bet?

Something around Yak for Lazar would make sense for both teams.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Do you think Drouin will go for a 2nd or less? If not then what has he done to make him more valuable than Yakupov? Or is refusing to honor your contract a positive these days.

Neither player is living up to their potential, but for players with their draft pedigree at a young age teams don't throw them away for a pick that has no more than a 30% chance to ever play in the NHL.

Yak may never turn it around. But unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about trading him now for that value would be stupid. Yzerman knows this. I am sure Chia does as well.

I think I answered this in an earlier post.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oiler fans know all about HOPE.

Why exactly does Drouin give a team hope. Kid has shown nothing, except entitlement issues. Yak is more proven as a NHLer than he is.

More proven because he's played more, not necessarily because he's better. 5 goals on the season...

Filip Forsberg was drafted 10 spots after Yakupov and scored more goals this week than Yakupov has the entire season.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Hope? Weird. Drouin has shown that he has entitlement issues. Good ol Canadian boy taking less criticisms. How typical.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012

Personally, I'm stunned as to how anyone can take him seriously. Every time Spector gives his opinion he's stating it as a fact; and he's usually wrong. If you're going to be a cocky blowhard all the time, at least back it up with a little bit of knowledge.

Last week it was "no playoff team is going to want Schultz, and at this point they'd be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him". That's fine for a clueless HFMain's fan to spout, but when Spector is supposed to be a professional and there are people like LeBrun and Friedman that are saying repeatedly and confidently that there is a market for Schultz and Spector still decides to contradict them? Well he's either completely unaware of what's going on around him, or he's a moron.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Again...he isnt claiming to have inside info or that he is connected to the team...he is just stating his opinion.

There is a difference.

His opinion is that the Oilers would take a pick for him. Others disagree and are posting their disagreement and reasons why they don't value his opinion, what's the problem?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

If Brett Connolly can get 2 2nds Yak sure in the hell can his stats way better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad