Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg Wants Out, Holland Sheds a Tear and Questions His Life Decisions While Making $13,698 a Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So right now I would trade Kulak for a pick and play Gleason/Broberg instead

Waive Brown and Erne, recall pederson and Lavoie
I can't imagine any team taking a flyer on Brown, with that cap hit coming up next year, combined with his outstanding production this year.

So what? Is that a reason to ship him out?
For sure not. You're not going to get much for Broberg at this time anyhow, and he is still young enough that you have to give it more time, especially for a dman. In another year or 2, he either has greater value, or you can feel totally confident cutting him loose.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I can't imagine any team taking a flyer on Brown, with that cap hit coming up next year, combined with his outstanding production this year.

For sure not. You're not going to get much for Broberg at this time anyhow, and he is still young enough that you have to give it more time, especially for a dman. In another year or 2, he either has greater value, or you can feel totally confident cutting him loose.
If we look at the ages of our D, Broberg should be the last young player we'd want to move. Our team bent over backwards to get Bouchard to hit his potential and it's paid off. We need a rock back there and that remains Broberg's potential. Even if he was a reach he'd still represent a high first rounder that we likely won't get for some time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
i guess you cankeep him until you get a return like JP or Yak brought.

lets do it that way.
Imo, keeping Yak and PJ was the right move both times. We aren't psychic. When you have a player with high potential you see it through. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't. I don't think I've seen a team out there cut bait to salvage value on a player before they got a real shot

Reactions: gordonhught

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If we look at the ages of our D, Broberg should be the last young player we'd want to move. Our team bent over backwards to get Bouchard to hit his potential and it's paid off. We need a rock back there and that remains Broberg's potential. Even if he was a reach he'd still represent a high first rounder that we likely won't get for some time.
Don't be too sure about that. :laugh:

Akey is the future young d man the Oilers should be excited about. Not broberg.
No he isn't. He's just the latest shiney toy. Just like all the rest of them.

Reactions: Mr Positive

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Imo, keeping Yak and PJ was the right move both times. We aren't psychic. When you have a player with high potential you see it through. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn't. I don't think I've seen a team out there cut bait to salvage value on a player before they got a real shot
I didn’t know Broberg was your cousin.

let’s keep him then. Might as well. The team is wholly dysfunctional. If 86 gets traded for a third in a year, that’s ok too.

edit - I desperately want broberg to get better, but he won’t. same as the other oilers wasted picks.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I'm officially in sell mode, this team has no identity.
We should be collecting draft picks and freeing up cap space for next year, not trading picks.
Foegole, Brown, Kulak, McLeod, Desjarnais, Campbell (buyout).

Reactions: CycloneSweep

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I agree with the majority of your post. But waiving Brown serves absolutely no purpose. He would get claimed, he'd still count against next seasons cap and we'd have to replace him with a more expensive player.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I didn’t know Broberg was your cousin.

let’s keep him then. Might as well. The team is wholly dysfunctional. If 86 gets traded for a third in a year, that’s ok too.

edit - I desperately want broberg to get better, but he won’t. same as the other oilers wasted picks.
So I guess I'm Yak's uncle and JP's godfather. Yes I like Broberg, Akey, Holloway, Skinner, McLeod and our other young players that need some patience. In a few years our team will sewer unless we foster a youth movement and if anything we are behind schedule on that. I'm not on board with losing perhaps our best D prospect just to undo some idiotic signing our GM made. That GM likely won't be here next season

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003

I don't understand why players like Kulak are blocking young players from playing.
Erne. WTF, the only time I noticed him was when he threw and elbow.
Campbell. Why is he blocking Rodrigue?

Lol @ thinking Brown could return a pick.
Probably the best thing you can do with Brown is keep him and free up enough cap so that his bonus is tagged to this year.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I don't understand why players like Kulak are blocking young players from playing.

Probably the best thing you can do with Brown is keep him and free up enough cap so that his bonus is tagged to this year.
Because Ken Holland unironically cares more about players' feelings and making promises than winning. He doesn't want to disrespect good ol veterans like Brown/Kulak/Erne.

Also completely disgusting that Jack Campbell is now ruining Rodrigue's development too. Literally the most harmful player to ever put on an Oilers jersey.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
7 points out of a playoff spot I believe....

It's over to me. Management really f***** up. They have to go on another big heater and also not go on losing streaks.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Didn't watch anything after the first and I see Arizona climbed another two points. A
3-game losing streak has now put them 7 points behind Arizona. Ari-f***ing-zona.

Think about that for a second. A team that plays in a university arena and is basically a cap-floor team are playing better hockey and consistently than this team.

Edit: This was meant for the PGT; opened the wrong thread obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I agree with the majority of your post. But waiving Brown serves absolutely no purpose. He would get claimed, he'd still count against next seasons cap and we'd have to replace him with a more expensive player.
Why exactly do you think a player with no goals and one assist in almost 30 games would get claimed? Teams still have to pay him an NHL salary if they send him to the AHL - maybe a deep pocketed team would take him, but it would free up a roster spot. He's been that ineffective.

Ingram and Keller for broberg, Campbell and holloway
This is a fantasy. Arizona is in a playoff spot.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ingram and Keller for broberg, Campbell and holloway
That’s not close to enough from our side.
Campbell and 2 B grade prospects is maybe enough to move his contract.

So I guess I'm Yak's uncle and JP's godfather. Yes I like Broberg, Akey, Holloway, Skinner, McLeod and our other young players that need some patience. In a few years our team will sewer unless we foster a youth movement and if anything we are behind schedule on that. I'm not on board with losing perhaps our best D prospect just to undo some idiotic signing our GM made. That GM likely won't be here next season
Our best D prospect only means something if they are a good prospect.

Cause those young players are worse than Kulak?

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Because Ken Holland unironically cares more about players' feelings and making promises than winning. He doesn't want to disrespect good ol veterans like Brown/Kulak/Erne.

Also completely disgusting that Jack Campbell is now ruining Rodrigue's development too. Literally the most harmful player to ever put on an Oilers jersey.

I don't get why they don't just tell Campbell to go sit at home.

Didn't watch anything after the first and I see Arizona climbed another two points. A
3-game losing streak has now put them 7 points behind Arizona. Ari-f***ing-zona.

Think about that for a second. A team that plays in a university arena and is basically a cap-floor team are playing better hockey and consistently than this team.

Edit: This was meant for the PGT; opened the wrong thread obviously.

Should pin that up in the locker room for every single player to read.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino