Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg Wants Out, Holland Sheds a Tear and Questions His Life Decisions While Making $13,698 a Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I see this more about Deharnais taking Brobergs minutes.
Partially. They don't want to run an all rookie pairing(reasonable), so one guy has to be a vet. They like what Deharnais brings to the bottom pairing more than what Broberg brings overall, and Broberg hasn't ever shown enough to justify shipping out Kulak and/or VD out and giving him a path to regular minutes. Rather than realizing that they don't have the motivation to unblock the player's access to the roster(like they did with Bouchard by dumping Bear), they sat on their hands and hoped it would just work out over time instead of being proactive

Now they've got an unhappy player and his agent scuttling what's left of his value in the media yet again.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Give Ferris and Broberg what they want. Ice time…. In the AHL.

Problem solved.
I'd rather trade him for something useful before he has no value or even negative value. I would've tried to use him as part of a package for an upgrade on Ceci in the offseason.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I still think Broberg has value around the league. There are just way too many bad GMs who look at draft position more than ability.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Interesting comments by Rob Brown on Stauff. Said one time he was traded, the GM requested the Agent go public, so
It’s not on the GM that he wanted to trade Brown (they didn’t want to, but knew it’d be best for Brown).

Reactions: McTonyBrar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd rather trade him for something useful before he has no value or even negative value. I would've tried to use him as part of a package for an upgrade on Ceci in the offseason.

I think that time has passed though. I advocated to trade him 2 years ago for that very reason, so hopefully he still has some value left cause it looked bleak to me even then.

I wouldn’t mind an AHL stint cause he showed he could produced on PP1 down there and his counting numbers may improve and give him some value. I hope anyways, not sure how much value that increases though, but have to think it’s better than him warming the Bench.

Expecting a Broberg/Duclair swap.

Ugh
Duclair? f*** I’d all over the Duke. What’s wrong the the Duke?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think that time has passed though. I advocated to trade him 2 years ago for that very reason, so hopefully he still has some value left cause it looked bleak to me even then.

I wouldn’t mind an AHL stint cause he showed he could produced on PP1 down there and his counting numbers may improve and give him some value. I hope anyways, not sure how much value that increases though, but have to think it’s better than him warming the Bench.

Duclair? f*** I’d all over the Duke. What’s wrong the the Duke?
His $3 million cap hit.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Zetterlund would be a solid target but probably not available for Broberg alone.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
At this point I think it's imperative Jackson go find an interim GM. Holland is a lame duck just boot him out, he's not here next year and clearly has checked out.

Hiring someone in the off-season is going to be a waste, it's going to take them like a month at least to get their bearings, probably more with the tire fire Holland is going to leave. It would be better to have the next GM in place this year so they can have some time to evaluate and understand really what needs to be done and start making some changes, even little ones to start.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Give Ferris and Broberg what they want. Ice time…. In the AHL.

Problem solved.

How do we know he wants that? Remember his preseason interview? He pretty much hinted if he didn't get NHL ice time, he'd want to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino