Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: 1 Day Remaining, Who Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably should just hold on to Yak and pray he figures it out. At this point, any GM that gives up significant assets for him deserves to be fired.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I see no reason to dump yak now.

Play him with mcdavid the rest of the season and see how he does.

You either keep him and have a cheaper replacement for eberle on his wing, or he gets some points and might fetch us a slightly better pick.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Is Spec wrong here though?

I don't know if its worth trading Yak for picks. I wonder though if we can trade him in a similar deal that saw us get Perron. Paajarvi was worse offensively than Yak so I think Yak would have a BIT more value (I stress a bit).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yaks current value is a third at best I would put money on that.

Purcell is clearly better.

Hudler only got a second and fourth and has a solid track record.

Maybe you could get a late second for Yak from someone that doesn't watch him often or only seen him good.

In the summer his value could go up especially if he remembers how to score between now and then.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I don't know if its worth trading Yak for picks. I wonder though if we can trade him in a similar deal that saw us get Perron. Paajarvi was worse offensively than Yak so I think Yak would have a BIT more value (I stress a bit).

I have no clue, I would think Yak still has a roster player in value? Gotta think so?

With all the talk going on with Yak, its fair to say hes a goner though weather we like it or not?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Maybe you could get a late second for Yak from someone that doesn't watch him often or only seen him good.

In the summer his value could go up especially if he remembers how to score between now and then.

Rentals vs. guy with more RFA years beyond his contract. Hardly the same.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Lots of people bad mouth the Oilers.
They are the joke of the league in case you haven't noticed.
Whitney has as much reason as anyone else given that he actually wore the jersey and had to deal with clowns in the organization on a personal level.
I think we need to bring back ConYak. :yo:
Are you referring to Krueger when you talk about clowns? Krueger blamed Whitney for everything and gave other defensemen a free ride when they made mistakes.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I would bet you $1000 that Yak doesn't go for a third or less. I can't say I'm 100% sure but it just seems like horrific asset management.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Remember that Brett Connolly was able to land two 2nd round picks.

I don't think it's entirely unrealistic that a playoff team with a higher pick would deal it for Yakupov.

He's on a cheap deal right now, too.

That being said, I think I'm ready to move on from Yak now. I'd gladly take a 1st for him. I know some people will shake their heads at this never ending cycling of trading players for picks but Yak is not gonna work here. And that 1st can be a valuable trade chip/deal sweetener for a very very good D man down the road.

K, but it was our GM that paid two 2nd rounders for Connolly haha. Just because he was willing to make a bad trade doesn't make someone else will be.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I have no clue, I would think Yak still has a roster player in value? Gotta think so?

With all the talk going on with Yak, its fair to say hes a goner though weather we like it or not?

Hope not. If it's for picks, might as well keep him and hope he actually gets some confidence. The skill is there and the drive is there, he just needs to put up the stats to back up the good games and make a few less mistakes in the bad games. I believe he can do it.

I only trade him if the return is an improvement to the roster (and no, this is not a case of addition by subtraction)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Deadline deals....

Yak, Reinhart, Fayne, 2016 2nd for Edler and Hansen

Hendricks for a 4th

Korpikoski 500k retained for a 4th

Draft deals......

Eberle and Nurse for Hamonic and Lee

RNH for Pacioretty

Hall for Bjugstad and Crouse

Draft Laine if picking 2nd. Trade the pick for a powerforward like Simmonds + if 3-5

July- Offer sheet Sami Vatanen at 6 years 5.2 mil (1st and 3rd) or trade 2017 1st, Slepyshev, Simpson for him.

Lee McDavid Simmonds/Laine
Pacioretty Draisaitl Hansen
Pouliot Bjugstad Kassian
Khaira/Crouse Letestu Pakarinen/Lander

Klefbom Hamonic
Edler Sekera
Davidson Vatanen

Talbot
Brossoit

Total cap hit around 67 million with full 3.75 cap hits to McDavid/Draisaitl/Laine. Davidson and KAssian at 2M, Vatanen at 5.2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Purcell is 30. Hudler is 32. Both are UFAs.

Yakupov is 22 and is making $2.5m next season and is still an RFA.

At Yakupov's age Purcell had all of 19 points in the NHL. Hudler was just breaking into the league. Very different values.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I don't think anyone here truly knows his actual value league wide.

But to trade him for less than either a 1st round pick, a young struggling player with upside like him or a guy also under 25 years old who needs a change of scenery makes no sense. None.

He's actually been better lately and doesn't make very much money. Let him continue to develop at least on the 3rd line, he's not hurting anyone right now IMO. His big mistakes defensively are getting less frequent IMO.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't get how popping a few gravy goals with McD launches Eberle into this 'can't move him' tier in some people's minds. We're averaging like 1.5 goals a game during this streak. Eberle and McDavid are not inseparably tied.
Statement loses credibility when bias shines through.
The goals Eberle scored recently were EV goals.
They were against good teams fighting for playoff positions.
The goals Eberle scored were the only ones the team managed.
There are no gravy goals in Edmonton.

I challenge you to find one poster saying Eberle is in a "can't move him tier".
There are no such posts. Why the exaggeration?

Are you referring to Krueger when you talk about clowns? Krueger blamed Whitney for everything and gave other defensemen a free ride when they made mistakes.
No. I'm referring to Katz, Lowe, MacT, Howson etc etc.
Imagine having to eat up that smug crap in person, on a daily basis.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
If we're going to trade Yakupov, I'd much rather move him for a similarly struggling young player rather than a 2nd round draft pick. While Yakupov's value is incredibly low right now, I'd rather hold on to him than simply get a mid-second round pick. On the other hand, if we could get a guy like Nichuskin (or someone similar) for him, I'd be all for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad