Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: 1 Day Remaining, Who Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Why would Ryan Whitney bad mouth the Oilers? Getting sick of reading this garbage.
Lots of people bad mouth the Oilers.
They are the joke of the league in case you haven't noticed.
Whitney has as much reason as anyone else given that he actually wore the jersey and had to deal with clowns in the organization on a personal level.
Spector just said Oilers willing to move Yak for a pick...
I think we need to bring back ConYak. :yo:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I've been on this board for almost 7 years now and I don't give a flying f**k about these corsi, possession number, BS. Didn't Mark Fayne supposed have making possession numbers? Even Pouliot?

What happened to just watching the game with your eyes instead of looking at these stupid charts that probably have hundreds of different variables?

/rant

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Spector is being stupid. We need actual pieces not picks if we are gonna trade yak

Don't shoot the messenger.

It's obvious Yak is in play. He's on the TSN trade board for a reason. Dreger commented today. Commie PYS yesterday. Now Spec, all these are credible people with huge ties to organizations. Not just Oilers.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Better be a 1st rounder no later than 15-20. Not a fan of moving him for a pick.

I'm not a fan of it either. But if it does happen, there's no way it's for a first rounder. I just can't see anyone in the league valuing Yakupov highly at this stage of his career. He's a major reclamation project for anyone.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Lots of people bad mouth the Oilers.
They are the joke of the league in case you haven't noticed.
Whitney has as much reason as anyone else given that he actually wore the jersey and had to deal with clowns in the organization on a personal level.
I think we need to bring back ConYak. :yo:

Smart *** lol

I'm not a fan for moving Yak for a pick, terrible imo

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I've been on this board for almost 7 years now and I don't give a flying f**k about these corsi, possession number, BS. Didn't Mark Fayne supposed have making possession numbers? Even Pouliot?

What happened to just watching the game with your eyes instead of looking at these stupid charts that probably have hundreds of different variables?

/rant

Pouliot has strong possession metrics yes. Which identified him on the Rangers to be severally under used. That has led to him being the staple on two different lines that have led the team in scoring 2 different seasons. Problem is people dont really watch enough of other teams to make a good call on players with eye test, and if they do.. well there has been dozens of strong eye test players that have crashed as well on new teams (when those charts were screaming that they arent good)

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm not a fan of it either. But if it does happen, there's no way it's for a first rounder. I just can't see anyone in the league valuing Yakupov highly at this stage of his career. He's a major reclamation project for anyone.

Remember that Brett Connolly was able to land two 2nd round picks.

I don't think it's entirely unrealistic that a playoff team with a higher pick would deal it for Yakupov.

He's on a cheap deal right now, too.

That being said, I think I'm ready to move on from Yak now. I'd gladly take a 1st for him. I know some people will shake their heads at this never ending cycling of trading players for picks but Yak is not gonna work here. And that 1st can be a valuable trade chip/deal sweetener for a very very good D man down the road.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

It's obvious Yak is in play. He's on the TSN trade board for a reason. Dreger commented today. Commie PYS yesterday. Now Spec, all these are credible people with huge ties to organizations. Not just Oilers.

Dreger, spector- huge ties to organization... wut

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

/rant

Because our eyes lie to us and people's hockey knowledge and what they place importance on varies wildly.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
If it was for a middle of the round 1st and you planned to put together a similar package as what you traded for Reinhart for a solid established 2nd paring RHD then I'd likely do it.

But seems like selling low on him is dumb right now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

If we can't get a 1st for him then what's the point? Unless it's like 3 2nd round picks or something.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This is goofy season for reporters. This is where they make their money on clicks

Yak for pick, Yak for this, Eberle for that, Hall for this, Subban to Edmonton? Weber? click here! read this! Insider info! Scouts at Devils game doing their job? read here!

Ill take it with a grain of salt

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't get how popping a few gravy goals with McD launches Eberle into this 'can't move him' tier in some people's minds. We're averaging like 1.5 goals a game during this streak. Eberle and McDavid are not inseparably tied.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

It depends on the pick . It also depends on the cap . draft picks will have value if the cap doesn't go up and you may be able to pick up a very good D for a song like the NYI did a few years back and that turn them around .

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Whats the counter argument? How many people can claim to watch Brodin play this season more than 2-4 games? How many people are producing advanced stats to the contrary? All im seeing is "what ifs". I will more than take into an account an arguement that shows me other really good current D had bad possession metrics at 21-23 and still turned out well. Or some current great D (4-5 D) have really bad possession metrics so could be the case of shot metrics not capturing everything

Take your graphs and charts and debate Wild fans who watch him every game. I agree there is a lot to be cautious with Brodin, especially if the asking price is big.

Going as far to call a 22 year old, who has over 200 games in the NHL and has been playing pro hockey since he was 17, brutal while admitting you watch him approx 2-4 games a year is quite ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad