Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "Looking for a trade to happen, making stops along the way."

In the spirit of Cloned's poll threads, what is highest on your offseason Oilers wish list?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's weird to see people simultaneously tout Nurse as a Norris-calibre D while also saying we need another top-pairing D. If Nurse is so good, he should be able to carry a pairing.

2LD is a bigger hole to me.

God forbid a team have 2 top pairing dmen.

Someone forgot to tell the Vegas Knights that since they already had Theodore they shouldn’t bother signing Pietrangelo.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
God forbid a team have 2 top pairing dmen.

Someone forgot to tell the Vegas Knights that since they already had Theodore they shouldn’t bother signing Pietrangelo.

If we had Nurse locked in long term at $5.2M a year, then maybe we could afford to add an $8M D man like Vegas did, but we don't so we can't.

Assuming Nurse comes in at a number starting with 7, you're looking at around $34M or ~42% of your salary cap on 4 players.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll be disappointed if Hyman signs here. That's a contract you do not want on your payroll.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Sucks that 2 of the supposedly interested teams are in our conference (LA and Anaheim). Would rather he stay down east.

I wonder if Eichel is ever really 100% after his back issues though. Plus Anaheim has a ways to go (more than Eichel) to get back to being competitive. Going to LA would be rougher for us as they're closer, IMO

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It would be so Oilers if they let RNH walk, Hall signs with Boston, and Holland dishes out a ridiculous contract for Hyman. In fact, that is my prediction :laugh:

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Isn't his upside basically Larsson? I'd happily deal him for some real help up front.
Have you watched Broberg play man? He's way more electric, mobile and offensive than Larsson. Offensively, he plays more like Nurse but he's a better passer. His shot needs to be better

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Personally I am not sold on Broberg at all. Hes a long ways from making meaningful contributions and he tops out at top 4 dman. I realize people like him more then me though.

I would sacrifice him for a cost controlled top line winger.
He doesn't seem to play with any fire. Iam always concerned about those types of players. Time will tell.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Personally I am not sold on Broberg at all. Hes a long ways from making meaningful contributions and he tops out at top 4 dman. I realize people like him more then me though.

I would sacrifice him for a cost controlled top line winger.

At worst, he's a top 4 Dman. At best, he's top pair. He's 19 years old. There is no reason to throw him away like that. It would be so Oilerific if he threw him away for a cost controlled winger who doesn't turn out or leaves after his contract is done. No thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad