Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Blues want a d-man to play on the left side of Pietrangelo, Hemsky alone wouldn't work.

I do wonder if Nick Schultz works though in a Stewart deal. Thing is that you'd think STL is looking for cheaper guys. Schultz + ? gets you Stewart?

Petry is a right shot who plays the right side. So that doesn't seem like a fit.

We know they have interest in Whitney. I'd do Whitney+Hemsky for Stewart+ 2nd.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Bob McKenzie just said there is a possibility of STL moving Chris Stewart...

This is a guy I'd move Jeff Petry for, but unfortunately Petry is a right shot and STL needs a guy to play on the left side of Pietrangelo. Unless Ryan Whitney has new found value, I don't think we have what STL wants.

Our D has serious depth issues, we have three regular Dmen approaching UFA status and you want to deal Petry for a power forward that has problems showing up to the rink ready to work on a regular basis? Guy has character issues too and you want to bring him in to the room with our kids? Brilliant.

You realize that if we lose our free agent Dmen and deal Petry, this is what we're working with?

Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Potter

And Tambo's record with inking UFAs has been awesome so I'm sure he'll be awesome at finding some great replacements.

There is no way we should be dealing any of our D other than Whitney. Smid and Fistric have to be resigned and everyone else retained just to give us a shot at not being worse next year.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Tough decision on Gagner. He should actually fetch a lot. He's putting up a good season, has tremendous amount of NHL experience at a young age. Good talent.

I like Sam. So it would be cool to see him go play with Tavares or Kane.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sadly I'm guessing teams are expecting to be able to give up a pick or two and not a warm body for him.

That'd be the assumption. His value might move into late 1st/2nd round territory by the deadline.

If his eventual destination is with NYR, the Oilers could potentially swindle St. Croix out of their system.

Those Oilers like their Oil Kings.

Shivakamini

Somakandarkram
Apr 4, 2011
Our D has serious depth issues, we have three regular Dmen approaching UFA status and you want to deal Petry for a power forward that has problems showing up to the rink ready to work on a regular basis? Guy has character issues too and you want to bring him in to the room with our kids? Brilliant.

You realize that if we lose our free agent Dmen and deal Petry, this is what we're working with?

Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Potter

And Tambo's record with inking UFAs has been awesome so I'm sure he'll be awesome at finding some great replacements.

There is no way we should be dealing any of our D other than Whitney. Smid and Fistric have to be resigned and everyone else retained just to give us a shot at not being worse next year.

That's the thing about finishing so low, you really can't get worse. Part if Tambo's 20 year "plan"...

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
I think Stewart is an excellent target, assuming he can play LW. thats the question. Not sure if he is only a RW by trade.

As mentioned on TSN tonight, Blues are up the creek with 5 RFA to worry about this offseason, and neither of them are cheap RFA's

They have lots of cap space "true" but that cap space will be gone quickly after this offseason......

D - A.Pietrangelo RFA (will demand Doughty 7mil a year money long term)
D - K.Shattenkirk RFA (4-5mil?)
F - P.Berglund RFA (4-5mil?
F - C.Stewart RFA
F - McDonald UFA

lesser extent
D - K.Russell RFA
D - I.Cole RFA

I could see them moving out Stewart or Berglund (probably Stewart) for prospects.....Tambo should be all over this.

Hall Gagner Eberle
Stewart RNH Yakupov
Paajarvi Horcoff Hemsky
Smyth Belanger Jones
Ex. Brown/Eager

Just as soon see Belanger moved at the deadline. for now he is on the 4th line in my books.

So in saying that,

Hartikanen RFA (also an RFA at seasons end, but wont demand a Stewart type contract)
and a prospect (substantial one)
FOR
Stewart

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
I haven't read all 39 pages of this, but wonder what it would take to get Bernier out of Los Angeles. That is assuming L.A. would be willing to trade within its conference...

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
I haven't read all 39 pages of this, but wonder what it would take to get Bernier out of Los Angeles. That is assuming L.A. would be willing to trade within its conference...

Quick has been shaky this year, and Bernier has been good so I doubt they part with him before the deadline. If we're looking for a goalie to help now and in the future, i'd make a run at Ben Bishop once Anderson gets back from injury.

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
been awhile since I have been flamed and attacked

How about Gagner and first in 2014 to Vanouver for Luongo
I'd flame you for it but you'd expect that :)

Nucks are having a tough time moving Lou as is, our top point producer and at the very least a mid first rounder? No

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Schultz-Schultz
Peckham-Potter

This is an offseason move, so our D will have been settled by then, we need to re-sign both Smid and Fistric but obviously if we lost them then we wouldn't be dealing Petry. You really don't have a true idea about Stewart's character unless you've actually been in the dressing room with him, that's a pretty unfair assumption to be making.

We aren't getting Stewart by deadline day, you obviously didn't realize this.

PS: I didn't realize he's a RW, that makes him illogical to pick up anyways.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't want to make a trade with NYI(none of those seem to work out that well), and I doubt that they would give up either of their TOP prospects to us.

That Eric Brewer guy was alright, if we get Reinhart there will be a lot of similarities IMO. Would really like to get the kid they picked with our 2008 2nd rounder if we were able to get any of the Islanders D.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Stewart isn't at all what he used to be in Colorado.

Absolutely no interest in that guy.

he's got 21 pts in 25 games..which would tie him for 2nd on the Oilers

his 9 goals would tie him with Gagner for the Oiler lead

he a big physical body that the Oilers are sorely lacking since Penner left

Hemsky+ a defenseman not named Justin Schultz should be up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad