Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Vol. 6 "Posters who should be GM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I'd rather make a move for Peter Mueller (FLA) than Stafford.

Re: Stafford - a lot of his struggles this year are due to who he's playing with right now.

He thrived with guys like Derek Roy, Tim Connolly in years past - the kind of C RNH fits the mold of.

Since those guys have left Buffalo, he's struggled. Tyler Ennis is hardly at the talent level of those guys - and he hasn't played with many impressive wingers either in the past couple years.

The only knock on him is he's a RW.

You'd basically have to guarantee 2 of Eberle/Hemsky/Yakupov get moved for this guy to get any top-6 minutes.

Why would two of them have to move for him to get top 6 time?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Brenden Smith is one of the most overrated prospects I've ever seen. Detroit fans use the developmental path that Detroit uses as an excuse for why he never jumped up to the NHL but now he's finally gotten there and he's still not producing. Detroit would be dumb not to take that deal, IMO.

The Perfect Human*

Why would two of them have to move for him to get top 6 time?

Are we going to waste talent putting a RW on the LW?

Eberle, Hemsky, Yakupov, and Stafford are all better on the RW. Putting them anywhere else is wasting their talent.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Im really against trading Hemsky as he is one of my most favorite players, but if he has to be traded (at the deadline I assume) I would want a really good 3rd line winger (Clutterbuck level), and a 1st. If this is in the offseason, then I would like to see a PWF or gritty top 6 LW, or maybe add a little + and get a solid top 4 D man (Someone like Coburn, hes been struggling, but that wont work cuz Philly doesnt need more forwards).

Also I can see the possibility of Whitney being traded if he doesnt improve enough. His play as of late is good, but if thats just a flash in the pan, then I could really see Boston as a destination. They're bad on the PP, and they pulled the same trade with Kaberle (also Whitney is a Boston native).

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Are we going to waste talent putting a RW on the LW?

Eberle, Hemsky, Yakupov, and Stafford are all better on the RW. Putting them anywhere else is wasting their talent.

I disagree..I think Eberle is perfectly fine as a LW instead of a right. I'd hazard a guess he already gets close to half his goals from the left side..Coaches just won't play him there.

The Perfect Human*

Oh man Ferraro just crucified us on TSN - "disappointment of the season".

The Perfect Human*

I disagree..I think Eberle is perfectly fine as a LW instead of a right. I'd hazard a guess he already gets close to half his goals from the left side..Coaches just won't play him there.

This is true, however he's very limited on the rush from that side. He will ALWAYS switch to his back-hand driving from the left-side - I don't think I've ever seen him cut back into the middle of the ice to take a shot from that spot before.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bob McKenzie just said there is a possibility of STL moving Chris Stewart...

This is a guy I'd move Jeff Petry for, but unfortunately Petry is a right shot and STL needs a guy to play on the left side of Pietrangelo. Unless Ryan Whitney has new found value, I don't think we have what STL wants.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think its clear by now we need a younger goalie to either challenge duby or take over as #1.

We should be looking at Jonathon Bernier from LAK. Hemsky for Bernier should be the starting point. I know there would have to be some additions to even out the value. What do you guys think?

Johnathan Bernier is no better than Devan Dubnyk and the LA Kings have no reason to move him for any less than what Oil fans would consider a massive overpayment.

There will be a time in the near future where both of these goalies will expect starting goaltender slots (and paycheques) and Edmonton would be in a situation where they could lose one of them for little to nothing. A poor management of valuable assets if you ask me.

If the Oilers need a goaltender to challenge Devan for the starter job, he'll have to come from within our organization or via free agency.

The Perfect Human*

Don't look now but Riley Nash (remember him?) has 4 points in his first 10 games, playing a third line center role for the Canes. Not bad when your wingers are Patrick Dwyer and Chris Terry

The Perfect Human*

As for Drew Stafford, his centers this season have been Ennis, Ott, and Grigorenko. Big difference between those 3 and Connolly/Roy.

RNH is in the realm of the latter group.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Don't look now but Riley Nash (remember him?) has 4 points in his first 10 games, playing a third line center role for the Canes. Not bad when your wingers are Patrick Dwyer and Chris Terry

Who cares guy did not want to sign here and we got Marancin who I say will better will have a bigger impact career, and other than a 3 point game Nash has 1 in 9 games meh.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

3 of those points came in a game where he was playing with Jussi Jokinen, so his wingers haven't been as bad as you think. At least not when he is producing points.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bob McKenzie just said there is a possibility of STL moving Chris Stewart...

This is a guy I'd move Jeff Petry for, but unfortunately Petry is a right shot and STL needs a guy to play on the left side of Pietrangelo. Unless Ryan Whitney has new found value, I don't think we have what STL wants.

Nick Schultz pack your bags.

jmoss45

Dec 31, 2009
EDM
Forget Petry for Stewart.. that would give us the potential of losing our top pair if Smid leaves as a UFA. Absolutely stupid, and absolutely something I could see the oil management doing.

Why not Stewart for Hemsky? They get PP help and instant offence. We get some skilled size. Contracts are similar, and it wouldn't create a big hole for either team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Meh, the guy called a spade a spade.

Exactly, nice to see the media starting to call out the team. The team gets it to easy with all the jock sniffing media in Edmonton. Which is part of the problem as no one in Edmomton holds the team accountable.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Well he was a 1st rounder. Some success shouldn't be a shock. 3 of those 4 points did come in one game of course.

But whatever, we would have lost him for nothing if we didn't move him when we did. It was pretty clear he had no interest in signing here. Glad we got an asset when we did.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Forget Petry for Stewart.. that would give us the potential of losing our top pair if Smid leaves as a UFA. Absolutely stupid, and absolutely something I could see the oil management doing.

Why not Stewart for Hemsky? They get PP help and instant offence. We get some skilled size. Contracts are similar, and it wouldn't create a big hole for either team.

Blues want a d-man to play on the left side of Pietrangelo, Hemsky alone wouldn't work.

I do wonder if Nick Schultz works though in a Stewart deal. Thing is that you'd think STL is looking for cheaper guys. Schultz + ? gets you Stewart?

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003

There isn't a lot of Stweart love here on the boards, but I'd do it personally.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Blues want a d-man to play on the left side of Pietrangelo, Hemsky alone wouldn't work.

I do wonder if Nick Schultz works though in a Stewart deal. Thing is that you'd think STL is looking for cheaper guys. Schultz + ? gets you Stewart?

and who plays D here? We need a Dman more than STL...
It seems like 20 of 30 teams are looking for D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad