Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Yamamoto, Will He Stay or Will He Go Now?

Will Yamamoto Stay or Go?

• Stays and signs before arbitration

Votes: 78 82.1%
  • Stays but goes to arbitration

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Goes before arbitration

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Goes after arbitration

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Buffalo has space and possible use for these guys, so give up assets and find a way

To BUF: Barrie, Foegele, 4K(he's apparently a player), Tullio, Niemelainen & 2022 2nd

To EDM: PHI 2022 2nd, Bjork and Ben Bishop

• Haha
Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Tyler Yaremchuk saying EDM should lock up Bouchard right now to 6Mx8 contract. Oilers could afford it over the next couple years. It does feel like it would be a mistake to let him bridge along to UFA status.

I wonder if generous signing bonuses and NMC could get that number below 6M AAv at all or if thats even an unlikely number given what D Men have been signing to lately. Tough spot.

Personally would definitely be willing to bet max term with full NMC on Bouchard at anything under 6M. 5.5M would be my target ideally Hard to see him not covering the bet at that #.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Tyler Yaremchuk saying EDM should lock up Bouchard right now to 6Mx8 contract. Oilers could afford it over the next couple years. It does feel like it would be a mistake to let him bridge along to UFA status.

I wonder if generous signing bonuses and NMC could get that number below 6M AAv at all or if thats even an unlikely number given what D Men have been signing to lately. Tough spot.

Personally would definitely be willing to bet max term with full NMC on Bouchard at anything under 6M. 5.5M would be my target ideally Hard to see him not covering the bet at that #.

If he's willing to sign that deal, you do it. Don't really think there would be much of a debate.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Even I would do that deal, and I'm not (yet) a big fan of Bouch.
Sure if this is because cap is going to go up to 100M... Performance wise Bouchard can be bridged for under 3M per ala guys like Kylington...
The man has a lot of polishing up to do defensively

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Exactly! With the current environment, it could take two days to get a guy up from BAK on an emergency basis if you were lucky.
The thing is they don’t actually need to be there. As long as they are there on paper it doesn’t matter.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The thing is they don’t actually need to be there. As long as they are there on paper it doesn’t matter.
LS just said that this is not permissible. Even if it was, do you want someone like Samorukov sitting around doing nothing because the cap dictates a roster of 20-21? In fact, because of waivers it may mean something like choosing to send Broberg down and playing Samorukov instead. Even though he might pass through if you don't have any extra room for extras you might be reluctant to lose a guy like Samourukov becuase it further limits your options for emergency call ups if you can't bring up Koekkeok due to salary limitations.

Player must "travel" towards AHL. Only when recalled do they return.

Players cannot hang around city (unless travel arrangements dictate). Team may be fined for cap circumvention if they try this.
Thanks LS!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I stand corrected on the first account and apologize. On the second I believe we see eye to eye, both waiting to be corrected if we are incorrect. If so I will be simultaneously humbled and grateful for the clarification. In the end I only want solutions and a Stanley Cup.

You never know what direction covid will take. If the last several years are any indicator, probably not a good one.
Truthfully, I was not at all sure on the actual rule, as it is not spelled out in the CBA, so my intention was to clarify rather than prove anyone wrong. That's why I went to the experts on the Business of Hockey Board. The people there like LS and @mouser know the cba and its nuances better than most GM's. If they interpret a rule a certain way, I'll take their word for it!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Holland will just keep bridging him until he's about to hit UFA status then sign him for 12 x 8.

Reactions: The Safe Play

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Player must "travel" towards AHL. Only when recalled do they return.

Players cannot hang around city (unless travel arrangements dictate). Team may be fined for cap circumvention if they try this.
It happens all the time. Guys get “sent down” between games then still go practice get “recalled” game day and dress for the game. If it’s a rule it’s never been enforced as this is a regular thing.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The only reason he bridged Nurse on his last deal was that we did not have the cap space for a larger long term deal thanks to Chia. Has he bridged anyone else to UFA yet? No he has not please stop now.
Thanks to Holland for re-signing Kassian like a week and a half before Nurse's bridge.

Reactions: Spawn

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It happens all the time. Guys get “sent down” between games then still go practice get “recalled” game day and dress for the game. If it’s a rule it’s never been enforced as this is a regular thing.
It's no longer a usual thing. Nor has it been for years.

I wish I had a reference but LS comment about having to travel "towards" the AHL team is a specific change I remember to address this issue. It's something that I could see the NHLPA really going to town on since it hurts players on two-way deals to a very significant degree. And while it is over all neutral to the whole PA this is the sort of thing they really do tend to get involved with.

But in the end this is not really relevant to the Oilers circumstance. They either have room for the player or they don't.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It's no longer a usual thing. Nor has it been for years.

I wish I had a reference but LS comment about having to travel "towards" the AHL team is a specific change I remember to address this issue. It's something that I could see the NHLPA really going to town on since it hurts players on two-way deals to a very significant degree. And while it is over all neutral to the whole PA this is the sort of thing they really do tend to get involved with.

But in the end this is not really relevant to the Oilers circumstance. They either have room for the player or they don't.
Here’s deadline 2019

Another example from October 2019

Paper transactions happen all the time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The only reason he bridged Nurse on his last deal was that we did not have the cap space for a larger long term deal thanks to Chia. Has he bridged anyone else to UFA yet? No he has not please stop now.
I'm fine with keeping public pressure on the org over this just because of Bouchard. We need a long term deal for him before he fully matures.

Whether it's Chiarelli or Holland it doesn't matter. The pattern for the Edmonton Oilers is that they are so desperate to win right away that they haven't been looking at the future. Sure Holland inherited a tight cap but it didn't take long for him to get in a spot worse than Chiarelli ever had. Even then I am willing to cut Holland all the slack in the world as long as he gets the message not to let Bouchard turn into the Nurse contract. He forced himself to make room for Kane. He can force himself to make extra room for a long term Bouchard deal

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Here’s deadline 2019

Paper transactions happen all the time.
The deadline is a very different thing. This is typically done to meet AHL playoff eligibility.

A paper transaction like this is a very different thing than the repeated movement of a player on and off the roster in off days.

Reactions: McDNicks17

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Lol bad thing because he doesn’t get hit. Sure man.
No but it’s a bad thing if he’s dumping the puck early and forcing an icing so he can peel off and not get hit.

If you can’t see that connection I won’t hold it against you. That’s why I don’t take offence to the sarcastic responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad