Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What Comes First? A New HC, a New GM or a Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Still think getting rid of the tire fire that is Benning would be a great idea. As some have said, when Talbs performs like a starting goalie as opposed to a PeeWee washout, I might consider that this trade suggestion would classify as "trading a starter." Along with that, Phaneuf has a bomb of a shot as we can remember from his Calgary days and even now if you look at his season highlights. I mean, really, at least his shot can hit the net more than 50% of the time, which is more than can be said for Klefbom, Larsson, Benning and Russell combined (ok, maybe a very slight exaggeration there).

MacLellan promoted him to 2nd pairing with Nurse today at practise.

I'm not even in the mood to joke that they're showcasing him because we know that's not the case.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Just read that LA lost their replacement for Jonathan Quick, Jack Campbell, to a meniscus injury for 4-6 weeks. They are now going to rely on Budaj who has had one start and an AHL goalie.

Sooooo, what about Talbot to LA for, maybe...Phaneuf, or a different defensemen? Have to admit that I don't know their roster that well. However, can you think of another team that could be in more dire straits for a goalie? And, salary wise, it may not cost us too much if we make them take Benning with Talbot and retain a bit of salary?

Wow, this armchair GM'ing is fun...lol.

Phaneuf? Lol is this Chiarelli? Yeah we need the Lucic of dmen contract.

Probably the worst idea I've heard. Saddle us with 6m dman that isnt even very good.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Chiarelli played his hand in what he would like to acquire in a trade. Commenting on the fact that none of our dmen can make a pass.

I wonder if Nurse for a puck moving dman can make sense somewhere. Klef and Larsson are guys you want to keep together. Russell is worth way more on this team than anyone else. Nurse is the guy who still has value around the league that might bring something back.

Any targets?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
MacLellan promoted him to 2nd pairing with Nurse today at practise.

I'm not even in the mood to joke that they're showcasing him because we know that's not the case.
To be fair, he's probably been getting better looks than any defenseman not named Klefbom as of late. That Russell-Nurse pairing hasn't been producing at all.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Just read that LA lost their replacement for Jonathan Quick, Jack Campbell, to a meniscus injury for 4-6 weeks. They are now going to rely on Budaj who has had one start and an AHL goalie.

Sooooo, what about Talbot to LA for, maybe...Phaneuf, or a different defensemen? Have to admit that I don't know their roster that well. However, can you think of another team that could be in more dire straits for a goalie? And, salary wise, it may not cost us too much if we make them take Benning with Talbot and retain a bit of salary?

Wow, this armchair GM'ing is fun...lol.

Definitely not a good idea to trade for Phaneuf unless they're taking Lucic.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
With rumors in the summer that edm and bost were talking a possible deal based around klefbom amd krug. Would there be a deal to be had for around nurse and krug? I know krug is closer to UFA status but he would be a great fit on our team.

Possibly

Nurse, pulj, strome
For
Krug, borjk, heinen

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With rumors in the summer that edm and bost were talking a possible deal based around klefbom amd krug. Would there be a deal to be had for around nurse and krug? I know krug is closer to UFA status but he would be a great fit on our team.

Possibly

Nurse, pulj, strome
For
Krug, borjk, heinen

Right now with Strome struggling and Pool Party on the farm--their value is very low

dont see BBs doing that deal

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Unless the team dives, none of the above till offseason.

but my guess would be trade, and then Gully takes over tops

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Possibly

Nurse, pulj, strome
For
Krug, borjk, heinen
Done

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Anyone that would do Pulju for Juolevi?

Olli had a bad d+1 year but seems to be progressing nicely after that. A good skating 40 point #2/3d can still be salvaged here.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Anyone that would do Pulju for Juolevi?

Olli had a bad d+1 year but seems to be progressing nicely after that. A good skating 40 point #2/3d can still be salvaged here.

We need to Keep Pulju to be honest. He could be part of the solution for the Edmonton Oilers within the next year or so.

Juolevi is a LHD that will play behind Klefbom/Nurse

Pulju is still 20 years old and has shown some glimpses of hope and we need some sort of secondary scoring. We got Bouchard who will become that 30-40 point player on the back end. Klefbom is on pace for that this season too.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We need to Keep Pulju to be honest. He could be part of the solution for the Edmonton Oilers within the next year or so.

Juolevi is a LHD that will play behind Klefbom/Nurse

Pulju is still 20 years old and has shown some glimpses of hope and we need some sort of secondary scoring. We got Bouchard who will become that 30-40 point player on the back end. Klefbom is on pace for that this season too.
Fair enough, lets hope he lights up the AHL and carries that confidence through to up here

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not interested in trading Jesse right now. Let him go down and spend time in a winning environment and see what Woodcroft can do with him. If he gets going and we get a new coach, call him up and let him make his impression on the new coach.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

Phillybean

Aug 2, 2008
Kelowna
Any interest in a Talbot + Lucic for Price swap?

Price isn't worth 10.5 million a year, but neither is a Talbot/Lucic combo.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not interested in trading Jesse right now. Let him go down and spend time in a winning environment and see what Woodcroft can do with him. If he gets going and we get a new coach, call him up and let him make his impression on the new coach.
And if we don't get a new coach? Or he doesn't get going down in the AHL?

Time to trade him is now (actually probably in the summer). The longer we wait. The less we get.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Then hopefully Todd puts him in a position to succeed and/or Jesse forces his hand regardless of opportunity.
The former isn't going to happen until the latter happens. And Puljujarvi clearly isn't capable of doing the latter.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any interest in a Talbot + Lucic for Price swap?

Price isn't worth 10.5 million a year, but neither is a Talbot/Lucic combo.
No. Even if Carey Price came as advertised, that's too much cap committed to the position for too long. Especially when that player is already in his 30s. In terms of value we win that trade by a landslide though. No chance Montreal would even consider it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The former isn't going to happen until the latter happens. And Puljujarvi clearly isn't capable of doing the latter.

He's what, 20 years old? Remember when people used to give players 5 season post draft before writing them off? Those were good times.

Reactions: nabob

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If Stone were willing to sign with Edmonton this offseason, what would you pair with Lucic/Sekera to make enough cap room?

You’d have to add more with Lucic than with Sekera.

I think other teams would be asking for the first round pick and/or Pulju.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That's gonna be the trick next summer no matter who the GM is ... how do you move Lucic or Sekera, because at least one has to go, and ideally both.

You may have some options with Lucic after July 1 when his $3 mill bonus is paid out and his salary is effectively rendered

3/4/5/4 for the remainder of his contract. That said, he's not even performing up to that level.

Strome I would just straight up dump on Arizona, take Dylan's bro, cya bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad