Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Have a Lot of Bottom 6 Forwards Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Are the Oilers still looking for a PP QB? If so would you consider Nurse and your 1st for Gostisbehere? If the values off I apologize, haven’t seen much of Nurse recently.
I would do that for sure. As long as it was top 3 protected. We could desperately use a left D with ghosts skill set.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I hate the guy but you can’t tell me picking up Alex Burrows for league min wouldn’t make this a better club. Hitch could make Drai a C again on his own line and slot Alex Burrows in on wing on either line. I love Chiasson but Burrows would guaranteed put up 20-25 playing with either of those guys.

Even if had not retired his wheels fell off five years ago

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Count me out on trading 1st round picks in deals for a player who isnt a #1 dman or a top line scorer. Picks in this years draft have a lot of extra value now. Everyone picked is expansion protected, and many will be ready to play and fill a void lost by the expansion draft.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Count me out on trading 1st round picks in deals for a player who isnt a #1 dman or a top line scorer. Picks in this years draft have a lot of extra value now. Everyone picked is expansion protected, and many will be ready to play and fill a void lost by the expansion draft.
Valid point. But at the same time you need players worth protecting. And you’ve got more than 2 and 1/2 seasons worth of hockey that you need to try and win games in.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Seems like me and you are on board. I doubt most of HF Flyers would agree to it though.
I'd be down for that too. I was pretty surprised when Flyers fans said they'd be up for. It's not just this guy, I've seen guys on capfriendly agree to it multiple times.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Valid point. But at the same time you need players worth protecting. And you’ve got more than 2 and 1/2 seasons worth of hockey that you need to try and win games in.

Understandable, which is why I would be willing to move those types of picks in a package for elite players. Ghost seems to be hit and miss each season, and I feel like we have a more stable offensive dman coming in bouch. If I'm packaging an expansion protected 1st (especially with Nurse, who I'm not crazy on but still has value), it has to be for a solid/consistent top pair dman or top line scorer.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I do like the Ghost. If he was a RH shot, I’d consider it. Right now, I like Nurse and having a 1st in what looks like a pretty solid draft better.

Reactions: Pugilist

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
With a glut of players in our bottom 6, I would prefer shipping out a Caggiula or Kassian over our 1st.

Nurse+Caggiula for Ghost
Or
Nurse + Spooner + 1st for Simmonds+ Ghost

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why trade for a Dman now when you have to protect Lucic? An extra Dman will force is to go with the 4-4-1 expansion format.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Why trade for a Dman now when you have to protect Lucic? An extra Dman will force is to go with the 4-4-1 expansion format.
I dont think getting Lucic to waive his NMC will be hard, considering its a draft for seattle, and he wants to be close to vancouver.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I dont think getting Lucic to waive his NMC will be hard, considering its a draft for seattle, and he wants to be close to vancouver.
It's still up to Seattle if they want Lucic or our star players. Pulju and Yamamoto could break out

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
We have 3 first line level players and 9 fourth liners. If we are to make the playoffs and expect to do anything we need a top 6 forward. I know we just came off a 7 goal performance, but this group is just flat out not good enough to score more than 3 goals consistently. Should be Chiarelli's main target with Sekera coming back in January.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's still up to Seattle if they want Lucic or our star players. Pulju and Yamamoto could break out
Good teams lose good players, I would rather be a good team and have to worry about losing a good player.

Who cares if they take Lucic or not, but we dont have to protect him under that scenario.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We have 3 first line level players and 9 fourth liners. If we are to make the playoffs and expect to do anything we need a top 6 forward. I know we just came off a 7 goal performance, but this group is just flat out not good enough to score more than 3 goals consistently. Should be Chiarelli's main target with Sekera coming back in January.
Hyperbole much?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I would do that for sure. As long as it was top 3 protected. We could desperately use a left D with ghosts skill set.
I'd do it with the first unprotected. We've all been brainwashed that these picks will somehow save the franchise and every year its the same old story.........missed the playoffs again.
Trade the lottery ticket for hard cash

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hyperbole much?
Who is our 4th best forward? Chiasson maybe? A guy who no one else wanted this off-season.

It's great that he's exceeding expectations and playing above his role, but he is a 4th line player on any other team in the league. I wouldn't call it a hyperbole at all. That's how Chiarelli has built this team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We don't even have 3 Dmen worth protecting right now.
Klefbom and Nurse the only 2. 3rd being Bear or Jones.
Larsson would be a pending UFA that year so we can leave him unprotected and sign him after expansion draft.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We don't even have 3 Dmen worth protecting right now.
Klefbom and Nurse the only 2. 3rd being Bear or Jones.
Larsson would be a pending UFA that year so we can leave him unprotected and sign him after expansion draft.
Now that makes more sense.

Our 1st plus for Spurgeon? He'll re-sign for a reasonable deal

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think we maybe a head of ourselves when it comes to how some of our D prospects may be and we can only lose one player--so can mention 4 players WE MIGHT lose--but we will lose only one

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I think Dzingle would look great with McDavid and Drai. Pending UFA with 20 points in 27 games for the Sens this year. I'd love Stone too, but that would take quite a creative deal to make the money work.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
also for those worried about losing a D man who is on the farm in 2.5 year--Larsson may not be here--he is a UFA after the 20/21 season--so we could do what a few other teams did for the vegas draft and hold off signing our UFAs til after July 1st--surprisingly there was no rule against it

only Klefbom is signed for the 21/22 season--we know Bouchard will be exempt
and up front we have Leon D, McJesus and Lucic signed

over the next 2.5 years till the draft--a lot of things can happen

Reactions: Oilhawks

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I think Dzingle would look great with McDavid and Drai. Pending UFA with 20 points in 27 games for the Sens this year. I'd love Stone too, but that would take quite a creative deal to make the money work.

Dzingel is a guy I had my eyes on for a while. If we are in a playoff position by deadline I would strongly consider a 1st+(Spooner/Kassian) in a sign and trade for him, say 3x3.5-4m

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I wouldn't trade Nurse.
We need to add to our defence, not take away from it.
I think a Nurse - Bouchard pairing will turn out very good.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Whether they take him or not isn't the issue for the protection list. He can waive his NMC, allowing us to protect someone else and still have Seattle take a different player than Lucic.

I'd do it with the first unprotected. We've all been brainwashed that these picks will somehow save the franchise and every year its the same old story.........missed the playoffs again.
Trade the lottery ticket for hard cash

If you trade Nurse and and Jack Hughes for Ghost you become a much bigger laughing stock than you already are.

You absolutely add protection to the pick if you trade it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad