Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Slow days of summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Thornton was a beanpole when he started.

Not sure I'm sold on Glencross in 2015. Is he really an improvement on anyone on our roster for the additional cap hit?

Bergenheim and Fehr are more interesting to me.

But overall not sure I need any more forward additions, I'd prefer to look improving the D, as always. If there's no trade for a top d-man, let's stay the course until the season starts.

60pt pace in 2011-12
50 pts pace in 12-13
50pt pace in 13-14
43pt pace and 100+ hits for Flames this year
wheels fell off in WSH..

short term the Flames version of Glencross is an uprade over half our forwards.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Not sure I'm sold on Glencross in 2015. Is he really an improvement on anyone on our roster for the additional cap hit?

But overall not sure I need any more forward additions, I'd prefer to look improving the D, as always. If there's no trade for a top d-man, let's stay the course until the season starts.
The thing is for what these guys will cost how much cap are you really taking? They aren't good enough you can bury 925k or whatever in the minors.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
Calgary shipped him out amidst a playoff push for a reason

He was dissatisfied with his ice time and made it public. He asked for a trade and the Flames honored his request when they received value for him (2nd and 3rd round picks).

Very sad that the Flames received more for Glencross at the deadline than the Oilers did for Petry...

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
He was dissatisfied with his ice time and made it public. He asked for a trade and the Flames honored his request when they received value for him (2nd and 3rd round picks).

Very sad that the Flames received more for Glencross at the deadline than the Oilers did for Petry...

Very sad indeed, the caps really reached on that one.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If we could dump Purcell I'd happily put Glencross in his spot.

Glencross-Letestu-Korpikoski

Could be a solid line.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Honestly, I like Fehr, Tlusty or Bergenheim more in that spot.

I keep forgetting about Tlusty. He'd work too. Isn't the rumour out there that Fehr is hurt?

Now that I think about it, Tlusty would be better because I think he could slide into the top 6 if there's an injury. (God forbid)

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
A camp invitation to Meszaros and Glencross would be great for Oilers.

Meszaros was on a pairing with Sekera for team Slovakia. Chia traded for him in BOS last year.

If nothing else adds competition for the others.

Great suggestion.

Meszaros could be a nice addition to the blue line. Might be able to fill up our first pairing for a season. Keeps Niki and Ference in the press box until the right deal comes along.

It would be nice to bring GlenX back.

At what cost for both guys though?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I keep forgetting about Tlusty. He'd work too. Isn't the rumour out there that Fehr is hurt?

Now that I think about it, Tlusty would be better because I think he could slide into the top 6 if there's an injury. (God forbid)

Tlusty is young as well, I didn't hear that Fehr is hurt, but if that is out there, PTO might be a better choice.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Training camp invite for Stephen Weiss?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Lander-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Weiss-Purcell
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski

I'm not really serious about this idea but we haven't heard Weiss' name at all. Once Leon is ready you send Weiss to the press box or you trade him.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Great suggestion.

Meszaros could be a nice addition to the blue line. Might be able to fill up our first pairing for a season. Keeps Niki and Ference in the press box until the right deal comes along.

It would be nice to bring GlenX back.

At what cost for both guys though?

no cost involved for camp tryouts.. If we want to sign them based on what else is still available on the UFA market 1.5M x 1yr should be good to both the players. Maybe even less.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Has anyone heard anything on Stoll or Richards? Both are UFA's last I heard. Just curious if any teams were looking at them.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
no cost involved for camp tryouts.. If we want to sign them based on what else is still available on the UFA market 1.5M x 1yr should be good to both the players. Maybe even less.

Unless Glencross' play has fallen off that much, it would be silly to not contact him with an offer of 1 year @ $1M-1.5. As long as he isn't that expensive, he's a big step-up from having Gazdic on the roster. My only concern is what he's looking for/expecting for playing time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Unless Glencross' play has fallen off that much, it would be silly to not contact him with an offer of 1 year @ $1M-1.5. As long as he isn't that expensive, he's a big step-up from having Gazdic on the roster. My only concern is what he's looking for/expecting for playing time.

Lowetide was mentioning yesterday(?) how we are going to get to the time where we see a guy signing every few days. Once that starts these guys without contracts better start dropping their asking rates or they will end up with PTO's.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

What about trading Purcell (retain 2M) and sign GlenX for 1.5M?

Still saves the team $1M off the cap next year and opens up some more playing time.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'd take a gander at flash for no reason

Moar wingers

Hall-mcdavid-yakupov
Pouliot-nugent hopkins-eberle
Fleischmann-draisaitl-purcell
Korpikoski-lander-hendricks
Letestu, klinkhammer

Sekera-fayne
Reinhart-schultz
Klefbom-nikitin
Gryba

Talbot
Nilsson

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What's so special about Glencross. Rather have Purcell over Glencross since Purcell is younger.

Glencross plays way bigger. At least if he isn't scoring he's helping forecheck and grinding the other team down.

Dangles13

Jul 2, 2015

I like both players but there really aren't any jobs available up front. If the Oilers make a move where a forward is going out for a defenceman then I'd be all over Bergenheim.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
Has anyone heard anything on Stoll or Richards? Both are UFA's last I heard. Just curious if any teams were looking at them.

I haven't but am also interested in where (if) they end up. Both are talented and despite losing foot speed, can still be healthy depth center additions to the right team - specifically one that needs more grit and is not in a hot media market (i.e. Carolina).

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
You all realize that Korpikoski sucks right? He was a dud on the Coyotes and honestly Klinkhammer is a MUCH better player than him.

I think it's likely Korpikoski will be pressbox fodder soon into the season and probably waiver fodder soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad