Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Pre season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Resign and traded you mean?

Because resigning and staying was not an option, that much was clear from the press-conf. He was not part of the plan going forward for Ottawa.

No I mean maybe they should of traded him this past trade deadline, so the team getting him, would get him for two playoffs rather than just one. It would of increased his value, because hes a bit more than a rental. Thats all I am saying. But I understand why they didnt, they were probably still hopeful he would stay with the team.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Not surprised about the return, found it hilarious when sens fan were asking for Draisitl for one year of EK smh. But out of all the teams, why the one in our division?! :help:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wish I knew 100% if we were or weren't on his no trade list. Regardless I really feel for Ottawa fans.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That's fair. I wonder how DeBoer will deploy them at even strength and on the PP . So many toys to play with.
I'm assuming that the Vlasic-Braun still line up against the top forwards but not sure how there will be enough minutes to go around for all pairings since we could see that pairing, the Karlsson pairing and the Burns pairing all split up at times which is crazy when you think about it.
Will Karlsson and Burns play on the same PP unit or split up into two elite units? So many options that it's ridiculous. Never seen anything like it.

I don't think they have enough forwards for two elite pp units. Maybe if Thornton stays healthy, but without him they are thin up front.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think they have enough forwards for two elite pp units. Maybe if Thornton stays healthy, but without him they are thin up front.
Just have Karlsson and Burns and rotate the forwards to screen the goalie lol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am very curious if this actually will make SJS better.

Yes Karlsson is an awesome offensive defenseman. Yes they have one of if not the best D now on paper. But both Karlsson and Burns are RD. Both are suspect in thier own zone. Both basically take up the same space on a team. While I dont think its likely I also wouldn't be surprised if Karlsson/Burns actually made the team worse. Chemistry is pretty important and this might just upset the balance.

Reactions: MikeFLB

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Yes Karlsson is an awesome offensive defenseman. Yes they have one of if not the best D now on paper. But both Karlsson and Burns are RD. Both are suspect in thier own zone. Both basically take up the same space on a team. While I dont think its likely I also wouldn't be surprised if Karlsson/Burns actually made the team worse. Chemistry is pretty important and this might just upset the balance.
Possibly but they also have 2 of the best shut down guys in Braun and Vlasic.

Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Karlsson
Vlasic - Dillon

Bottom pairing is your shut down pairing who plays more in games they are ahead. When needing to push goals the other 2 pairings get a push.

With this they have a legit #1 d on the ice at literal all times

Reactions: thadd

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't be shocked to see Burns moved to forward. I can't see Braun being locked into a bottom pair role at even strength.

...not that that would address the PP issue. I think they'd probably run something similar to what Nashville runs with Subban and Ellis manning the point on the same unit.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

They have Vlasic and Braun also. It's a scary thought that one will be on the ice almost every shift

Nashville doesn't seem to have any troubles with Josi and Subban on the ice at different times

To quote Ray Whitney I believe" Forwards want the puck quick. Patrick Kane used to sprint to the bench when Hjarlmarsson would jump on the ice"

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Possibly but they also have 2 of the best shut down guys in Braun and Vlasic.

Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Karlsson
Vlasic - Dillon

Bottom pairing is your shut down pairing who plays more in games they are ahead. When needing to push goals the other 2 pairings get a push.

With this they have a legit #1 d on the ice at literal all times
imo you got to put Vlasic with Karlsson, just to try and recreate the Methot-Karlsson dynamic.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe Braun and Vlasic have crazy chemistry though
they might just put Karlsson and Burns together. One of them must have some LHD experience. I get that there's some potential for diminished returns with that set up, but didn't Pronger and Neidermayer play together for Anaheim? Sometimes concentration of elite talent will just break opposition defenses completely.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Screw the Sharks. We ate them alive two years ago and we will again. Let’s go Oilers. Season upon us.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

You're over thinking it.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
No I mean maybe they should of traded him this past trade deadline, so the team getting him, would get him for two playoffs rather than just one. It would of increased his value, because hes a bit more than a rental. Thats all I am saying. But I understand why they didnt, they were probably still hopeful he would stay with the team.

Hell, there were Oiler fans proposing Klefbom, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi and a 1st

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

You're joking right?? :laugh:

Not sure if mentioned but Pageau is now out 4-6 months with an Achilles injury.

Ottawa might as well just fold for the season.

Report: Senators' Pageau could be out four to six months - Sportsnet.ca

Not there go to guy!!!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Call me cynical, but I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing I was right when I insisted that Ottawa wasn't going to get anything solid for Karlsson.

Sucks that he's on the Sharks, though. On some nights the Oil were able to annoy and contain Burns, but playing Burns AND Karlsson? That's really not a whole lot of fun.

Will be interesting to see what happens to lil Joe. I doubt they can afford him if they resign Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->