Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Playoffs Edition

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Give the man 8X 6.5 more then he worth currently but it could be come like Draisaitl contract.

Yamamoto out - rookie replacement = 2.1 M
Kulak out - Broberg in = 1.75
Move Campbell if possible with retain 1M to 2m = 3 to 4M use 1.5 to 2 M on new goalie

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
Give the man 8X 6.5 more then he worth currently but it could be come like Draisaitl contract.

Yamamoto out - rookie replacement = 2.1 M
Kulak out - Broberg in = 1.75
Move Campbell if possible with retain 1M to 2m = 3 to 4M use 1.5 to 2 M on new goalie
I like the idea, but how many goalies are really upgrades that cost less then 2 mil? If we're retiring we might as well hope for a bounce back season

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Since we have 3 days before the next game.

What do people think should be done with Kulak/Broberg?

I wouldnt be surprised if the team plays it slow with Broberg and gives him another season before making a decision on him/Kulak.

Kulak has been pretty good especially in these playoffs. Right side is weaker. Broberg can kind of play the right side but its a small sample size.

Giving Broberg another year and maybe playing him with Nurse could maybe work?

Should we think about packaging Broberg for another similar prospect (and keep Kulak). Is there someone out there whos similar to him but is more of a RD? Or forward prospect? One guy that I think about is Lukas Reichel. Always liked the prospect. Would be cool to see a german prospect on the team. Wonder if both teams would make a swap.

I think its an interesting discussion.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

I wouldnt be surprised if the team plays it slow with Broberg and gives him another season before making a decision on him/Kulak.

Kulak has been pretty good especially in these playoffs. Right side is weaker. Broberg can kind of play the right side but its a small sample size.

Should we think about packaging Broberg for another similar prospect (and keep Kulak). Is there someone out there whos similar to him but is more of a RD? Or forward prospect? One guy that I think about is Lukas Reichel. Always liked the prospect. Would be cool to see a german prospect on the team. Wonder if both teams would make a swap.

I think someone is going to switch to their off-side. I like VD, but I'm not certain he's actually more than a bottom-pairing defenceman, whereas I firmly believe that Broberg will be a top-4 guy. I think a lot of it depends on whether they can win a series or two this year. If they go out round one, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kulak and Ceci shipped out. I can't see them moving out Broberg, I expect he'll get a full season of regular minutes next season. Him being on a cheap contract and potentially playing important minutes is so valuable for managing the cap, I can't see Holland giving that up.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Keep the D intact at this point, we've made our big move with trading Barrie for Ekholm. Move Yamo out for capspace you can use to sign Bouchard to a long(er) term deal. We do not have a lot in the cupboards for D now so wouldn't mess with it too much. Kulak has been very good in these playoffs and Ceci has been playing better in a 2nd pair role behind Bouchard/Ekholm plus his core injury appears to be healing up, his mobility looks better after he had that week + off to deal with his new baby.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

I'd be surprised if the Oil moved on from Broberg. Oil need cheap contracts and pedigree young talent to help the team's sustainability. Defense especially needs to have a deep pipeline as we saw with the losses of Klefbom and Larsson that organizational circumstances can change quickly and unexpectedly. I think Holland's done a really good job of upgrading the blue line this year while holding onto their two high pedigree defensemen including the confidence to move out Barrie to give Bouchard the wheel on the PP. Broberg though needs to get stronger physically to compete.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd be surprised if the Oil moved on from Broberg. Oil need cheap contracts and pedigree young talent to help the team's sustainability. Defense especially needs to have a deep pipeline as we saw with the losses of Klefbom and Larsson that organizational circumstances can change quickly and unexpectedly. I think Holland's done a really good job of upgrading the blue line this year while holding onto their two high pedigree defensemen including the confidence to move out Barrie to give Bouchard the wheel on the PP. Broberg though needs to get stronger physically to compete.
I won't be surprised just like I wasn't surprised this year when we run the same d we have today to start next year.

There might be a need to upgrade, but I'm sure Holland will want to see how Broberg and Desharnais do before spending assets upgrading.

Now if something falls on their lap then maybe things change.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think someone is going to switch to their off-side. I like VD, but I'm not certain he's actually more than a bottom-pairing defenceman, whereas I firmly believe that Broberg will be a top-4 guy. I think a lot of it depends on whether they can win a series or two this year. If they go out round one, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kulak and Ceci shipped out. I can't see them moving out Broberg, I expect he'll get a full season of regular minutes next season. Him being on a cheap contract and potentially playing important minutes is so valuable for managing the cap, I can't see Holland giving that up.
Yeah, I think that something like

Kulak-Broberg
Vinny

is the way to go. Kulak might be expendable, but I don't like the idea of making our D worse.

We do have to clear up some cap, though. I think Yamamoto is a goner. Maybe Foegele too.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Yamamoto needs to be moved. That 3.1 M in savings next year plus the cap going up plus the 2.25 M coming off in Lucic + Sekera. That's about an extra 6.5 M or so. That is needed to re-sign some players (McLeod, Kostin, Ryan, Bjugstad, etc).

I think if we can somehow as mentioned above target Saros, (1 year left at 5 M) that would be the dream. Send Campbell (can retain money), Yamamoto, a future 1st, Bourgault/Holloway. Saros/Skinner in net would be amazing. I know I'm dreaming but one can dream.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Broberg
Kulak - Desharnais

Ceci out.
Yamamoto out

Replace with rookies

Sign Bouchard long term to keep his cap hit down.

I have a feeling Brobergs coming out party is next season. His development is slowly progressing to a point where his brain finally makes sense of the pro game and we see his best.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Broberg
Kulak - Desharnais

Ceci out.
Yamamoto out

Replace with rookies

Sign Bouchard long term to keep his cap hit down.

I have a feeling Brobergs coming out party is next season. His development is slowly progressing to a point where his brain finally makes sense of the pro game and we see his best.
His cap will be higher if we go long term, hence the bridge talk.

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
Nobody is taking Campbell, need Yamo's cap hit to sign Bouchard. Pionk makes nearly $6M. Ceci is good value for his contract. Still need to sign several RFA's and Bjugstad.

Aint happening.
I live in San Jose and I wouldn't say nobody. I could see the Sharks taking on Campbell if an EK deal is revisited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad