Speculation: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Oilers Trade Deadline Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
by this time next year,

We might be 10 points out of a playoff spot. Our division is wide open this year. We should be taking advantage of that. Maybe the 'strategic' thing is to wait, but in the NHL plans fall to crap all the time

edit: but if Holland really wants to earn his money he can find the next Maroon trade, sure
If your refering to the type of player ....that is the right move....

Josh Anderson
Miles Wood
Jordan Greenway

....a player like that works too ...they are not sniper's but they are good defensively...can get the puck in the o zone ...pass and skate and make room for McD....would be nice if they had at least average hands too like Maroon...
the price for this type of player....maybe even a Nick Ritchie....
Is a lot less than a Tatar or a Palmieri or a Rakell....but still can help McDavid in a big way

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
but is it even worth thinking about that McDavid's current wingers are good enough?

Or that this year it is not worth it to think about playoffs?

We should be a buyer

I don't degree to a point, but the GM made it pretty clear what his plans are.
My expections are low ..... minor, cheap contract moves.
T. Ennis, etc.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I don't degree to a point, but the GM made it pretty clear what his plans are.

Overpaying would be a mistake, but making some moves is needed.
That said, my expections are low ..... minor, cheap contract moves.
T. Ennis, etc

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It would seem you may not know everything about the player if you believe Drouin = Nuge. Or if MB thinks this he has some splain'in to do.

prior to this year--Druin has been injured for most of ths year

last 3 years

Druin 52 goals 100 assists 152 pts
nuge? 70 goals 90 160 pts

Druin is 2 years younger

Habas would be insane to sell low on Druin

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Conversely I hope he disappoints, it's not yet time to go big, just 1-2 shrewd value adds to round out our roster and I'm a happy camper.

Giving up a boatload for Pageau who we likely can't afford to re-sign isn't the right play for where we are at.
Bingo, won’t be disappointed if he holds steady, the biggest addition we will be getting is Mcdavid back and Kassian back. We already added a top 6 FWD via call up in Yamo.

He will do something, because he said himself he wants to reward the team, but I will be shocked if it’s a trade that includes anything higher then a 3rd/4th round pick

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
prior to this year--Druin has been injured for most of ths year

last 3 years

Druin 52 goals 100 assists 152 pts
nuge? 70 goals 90 160 pts

Druin is 2 years younger

Habas would be insane to sell low on Druin
Drouin is one of the worst defensive forwards in the game. There is reason that one guy is always in the dog house and the other coaches love.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Tracy Lane @TreenasOil
Tyler Ennis close to being an Oiler another name to keep in mind is Patrick Marleau.....as per Garfield

Garfield has spoken!

Commodore, Garfield, Eklund
The holy trinity has been completed

Oilers talk to Sens about Ennis? (e3)
Holland is out there and giving all he can to add..
Source: Eklund

I don't know what this means, it's never happened before. Either Ennis is for sure about to become an oiler, or he's about to be re signed by ott for 8 years.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Tracy Lane @TreenasOil
Tyler Ennis close to being an Oiler another name to keep in mind is Patrick Marleau.....as per Garfield

Garfield has spoken!
images (2).jpeg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for whatever reason nearly every wannabe is saying ennis to the oilers

ironic because last off season many on this board wanted him and he reportedly had a conversation with the oiles that went nowhere

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Conversely I hope he disappoints, it's not yet time to go big, just 1-2 shrewd value adds to round out our roster and I'm a happy camper.

Giving up a boatload for Pageau who we likely can't afford to re-sign isn't the right play for where we are at.

I want a winger for Connor to play with. A legit top 6 player. Beyond that I'd be content to stand pat. Not looking at a rental either, player has to have at least 1 season beyond this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad