Speculation: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Oilers Trade Deadline Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Starting to think my optimistic view that we'd see a trade tonight was misplaced. Mcdavid will hopefully be a big enough boost by himself assuming he plays tomorrow. The wait is killing me though

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Didn’t know Drouin was back from injury. Would be an intriguing option for Connors lw...

1st + Samorukov + Russel enough??

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
While I do think he'll do something, I also wouldn't be mad or disappointed if nothing happened. I think this team has provided a free year for Holland to be able to navigate the cap game properly that will coincide with a good chunk of his young prospects now proving themselves or putting a full year of seasoning under themelves to make a couple of SOLID moves this summer. Team is going to roll next year, I can feel it.

Reactions: guymez and North

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Didn’t know Drouin was back from injury. Would be an intriguing option for Connors lw...

1st + Samorukov + Russel enough??

I don't watch a lot of Montreal, but isn't Drouin basically the same player Eberle was when oiler fans ran him out of town not long ago, except he has a history of attitude problems and worse overall production?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
While I do think he'll do something, I also wouldn't be mad or disappointed if nothing happened. I think this team has provided a free year for Holland to be able to navigate the cap game properly that will coincide with a good chunk of his young prospects now proving themselves or putting a full year of seasoning under themelves to make a couple of SOLID moves this summer. Team is going to roll next year, I can feel it.
He said he'd be disappointed in himself if he didn't try to help the team. I'm pretty sure he'll do something

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the other factor here is that management has shown that they really, really, really support McDavid.

Failing to get a winger for him would be failing to support him properly. It really feels that way. Maybe the "strategic" thing is standing pat, but that might take a back seat

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
FYI, I just wanna say if you are going to link a Tweet about a rumor or speculation, dont post the twitter account link. Please post it with the Media button and paste the link in there. Or take a screenshot and post it. Do not waste our time with posting a generic link to someone's account and expect us to go through it to know what the f*** you are trying to show us. That is all.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

space321

May 11, 2011

A year of Mcdavid and Draisaitl is not a FREE year.

Reactions: The Bored Man

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think its funny to see people throwing out top prospects and 1st's when its so clear it's unlikely to happen
......... its not even worth thinking about.
but is it even worth thinking about that McDavid's current wingers are good enough?

Or that this year it is not worth it to think about playoffs?

We should be a buyer

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not a buyer ...a leasee on the cheap....
Maybe we buy the right 3C....price alot less for that right now...
by this time next year,

We might be 10 points out of a playoff spot. Our division is wide open this year. We should be taking advantage of that. Maybe the 'strategic' thing is to wait, but in the NHL plans fall to crap all the time

edit: but if Holland really wants to earn his money he can find the next Maroon trade, sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad