Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Looking at Lawson Crouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well, the Stauff-Father has been pretty adamant that the Oilers would trade their 1st for a player with term, and he would be an amazing addition.

Chychrun? You're trading a shitload more than a 1st to get him. 1st+Broberg+salary dump then keep going.
I know he's having a rough season (who isn't in Arizona) but that contract alone is worth huge value. I can't see him being available unless he requests a trade.

Reactions: PGW

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Fair enough, I just see to much negativity about things that are largely minor (except for Koskinen), with this team actually being better and looking like they're starting something this season.

No, I was just suggesting trying to steal Chychrun from the Yotes because they're terrible, trying to be terrible and he might not love that lol.

All this said, I've been very high on Robert Hagg (in Buffalo) he's cheap capwise and might not be too tough to acquire.

I have to say, it's kind of odd that you get on posters for being negative about certain players then go out of your way to trash Koskinen who, quite frankly, has been a lot more good than bad this season and has bailed out a leaky Oilers defense many times.

I'm sure they will have to replace Koskinen at some point but to get on him now just seems misguided.

Reactions: Speedo

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Chychrun? You're trading a shitload more than a 1st to get him. 1st+Broberg+salary dump then keep going.
I know he's having a rough season (who isn't in Arizona) but that contract alone is worth huge value. I can't see him being available unless he requests a trade.

Yes, he would definitely be worth more than a 1st alone. I suggested the 1st would be in play for him if he asked for a trade, which would not surprise me at all.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Adding a D makes sense.

That is because Duncan Keith is almost 40 and although he can move the puck well still and makes some neat offensive plays, his loss of speed leads to some atrocious gap control and D miscues. As the season motors on, I want better support for him than what we have.

If Keith was the 5D, and we got a real Adam Larsson replacement for pairing 2A/2B, everyone on the Oil wins I think.

Nurse-Bouchard
BLANK-Barrie
Keith-Ceci

(Or even BLANK-Ceci, Keith-Barrie vs 3rd and 4th lines)

That's pretty yummy. If we have the cap.

I only trust Kris Russell in a pinch, and Koekkoek isn't good enough IMO.
If only Klefbom could make a miraculous comeback for the playoffs a la Kucherov. Would be such a perfect fit in that spot.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yes, he would definitely be worth more than a 1st alone. I suggested the 1st would be in play for him if he asked for a trade, which would not surprise me at all.

Would be great obviously but I don't see how they fit his salary in beyond this season (assuming that Koskinen is the cap dump). I think we should keep our expectations for a trade deadline way lower than Chychrun. I could see somebody like Chiarot being in play.

Reactions: soothsayer

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Would be great obviously but I don't see how they fit his salary in beyond this season (assuming that Koskinen is the cap dump). I think we should keep our expectations for a trade deadline way lower than Chychrun. I could see somebody like Chiarot being in play.

I have a suspicion that Holland is going to swing for the fences this year and will surprise some people, but Chychrun is obviously a pipe dream--just fun to speculate about that level of player. I think a guy like Leddy would be a homerun while being still sort of realistic. Chiarot is another guy I think the Oilers would be interested in.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I mean he is, if Koskinen was in Chicago things would look similar for him.

Would they, though? I’ve said that Colliton (and the Hawks awful D system) is part of the problem there but MAF was truly terrible even with that in mind. Let’s see if he improves with King at the helm. Not sure what the timing on this trade would be, if MAF rebounds the price could be reasonably high by the TDL

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Would they, though? I’ve said that Colliton (and the Hawks awful D system) is part of the problem there but MAF was truly terrible even with that in mind. Let’s see if he improves with King at the helm. Not sure what the timing on this trade would be, if MAF rebounds the price could be reasonably high by the TDL
He's not terrible, the Hawks are that bad. Again, he's going to be more consistent then Koskinen and not likely give up those Killer goals Koskinen still gives up.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Getting Fluery who is way passed his prime and probably off to his worst start of his career would be such an oilers move

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hot take alert: Today’s MAF isn’t an upgrade on Koskinen

Even if this is true, he’s better than Skinner (at least at this junction, as far as we know).

A goaltending trifecta of MAF, Koskinen and Smith would be rather formidable if not prohibitively expensive.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Even if this is true, he’s better than Skinner (at least at this junction, as far as we know).

A goaltending trifecta of MAF, Koskinen and Smith would be rather formidable if not prohibitively expensive.

That’s the other part of the equation. Even if the Hawks retain 50%, cap would have to move out. So Koskinen like has to go, or a couple of smaller pieces. It will also limit who they can add as a D at the TDL

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Getting Fluery who is way passed his prime and probably off to his worst start of his career would be such an oilers move

Fleury would be a rental in the most literal sense.

Is a UFA after this year. There’s no chance Edmonton re-signs him.

He probably retires imo.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

You would think that Koskinen would have to be going the other way with salary retained on the MAF side to square it up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have a suspicion that Holland is going to swing for the fences this year and will surprise some people, but Chychrun is obviously a pipe dream--just fun to speculate about that level of player. I think a guy like Leddy would be a homerun while being still sort of realistic. Chiarot is another guy I think the Oilers would be interested in.

I actually prefer Chiarot to Leddy. He's more the type of Dman that they are thirsting for and can also play top 4 minutes if need be.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I actually prefer Chiarot to Leddy. He's more the type of Dman that they are thirsting for and can also play top 4 minutes if need be.

I feel like Chiarot is exact type of dman some GM will overpay to get at TDL. I would love him on our team but I have feeling he might get bid up to a price too high,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad