Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Looking at Lawson Crouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Apparently Stauffer has floated his name and he was a WJC teammate of McDavid and Nurse back in 2015 and played 1 season under Dave Tippett in Arizona

I definitely wouldn't mind a little more toughness added to the team even though Lawson seems the willing type but isn't exactly a feared fighter.

Reactions: longtimeoilfan

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'd honestly trade Yamamoto at this point before his value completely tanks. Nice guy, was good for a little while, too much of a perimeter player now.

Crouse would be a fourth liner here. Yam has a higher ceiling. Crouse is big.

edit- how does crouse skate?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Apparently Stauffer has floated his name and he was a WJC teammate of McDavid and Nurse back in 2015 and played 1 season under Dave Tippett in Arizona

I definitely wouldn't mind a little more toughness added to the team even though Lawson seems the willing type but isn't exactly a feared fighter.

Kyle Clifford is tough. Crouse did ok there.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know much about Crouse. Remember not liking him much at the WJC though. And highlight package not very impressive, 3 empty net goals and some not very clean goals except for his backhands.

If he’s cheap enough tho… the size is enticing. Although I’m still waiting on more skill for this team so.. I’d rather not.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He’s been Arizona’s best forward through training camp and in these first few games. I expect that will hold for the remainder of the season. Keller has been looking much better too now that Tocchet is gone. Crouse will be, at the very worst, the 2nd best Coyotes forward this season. I know that’s not saying much, as it’s a really bad team. Point is he seems to be putting it all together and will be a very valuable player very soon.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He’s been Arizona’s best forward through training camp and in these first few games. I expect that will hold for the remainder of the season. Keller has been looking much better too now that Tocchet is gone. Crouse will be, at the very worst, the 2nd best Coyotes forward this season. I know that’s not saying much, as it’s a really bad team. Point is he seems to be putting it all together and will be a very valuable player very soon.

How would you rank your top 6 forwards? Would a possible Garland replacement entice your team to trade him? Perhaps playing on the top line and top PP unit would really get Yamamoto going. What do you see Crouse as on a good NHL team, a top 6 or bottom 6 forward?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
How would you rank your top 6 forwards? Would a possible Garland replacement entice your team to trade him? Perhaps playing on the top line and top PP unit would really get Yamamoto going. What do you see Crouse as on a good NHL team, a top 6 or bottom 6 forward?
I think that if Yamo got traded for Crouse and a second rounder, Yamo would play really well for the yotes.

Yamo would be the leading scorer for that team.

:sarcasm:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Smaller players like Yano don’t really hit their stride until their mid 20s. I wouldn’t be trading him because he’s a cheap contract that can play on any line and PK.

If they’re trading for Crouse then it’s to upgrade the 4th line LW spot. Trading Yamamoto for him would be Chia level bad.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
What's your asking price? Pick? Player?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Smaller players like Yano don’t really hit their stride until their mid 20s. I wouldn’t be trading him because he’s a cheap contract that can play on any line and PK.

If they’re trading for Crouse then it’s to upgrade the 4th line LW spot. Trading Yamamoto for him would be Chia level bad.
Interesting thought. Haven’t heard that in the defense of Yamo yet. And im open to it. I can think of Gaudreau as an obvious example, who else?

Feb 9, 2013
We need a little more Crouse on this team... more grit. He plays in the Coyotes top 6, he ain't coming here to play 10 minutes a night on the 4th line. I am on board with the team exploring a Yamamoto for Crouse trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad