Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Oilers Looking at Lawson Crouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
My gut tells me klefbom is coming back for the playoffs.
Getzlaf(50%) would be a good addition, maybe he comes with Gibson in a trade.
1st, Samourukov, Lavoie, Koskinen and conditional pick.

I’m hoping if we do a trade for Gibson we also get Rakell (UFa after this year) included

first, Koskinan, Yamamoto, Broberg?

I think samorukov is closer than Broberg

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Oilers NEVER found their 3C. And now even Nuge Hyman Yam klicks as a 2nd line, Nugw isnt cenreri g a 3rd line.

Really, there is so much positives gping on wigh the ream right now, so we shouldnt go over ourselfs. But its like a spell, never find that 3C. You just need 3 good centers to get that richnedd. And our 3C is too good for 3C duty.

My tip is to try Sceviour centering Foegle and Kassian. And load up the 4th with Shore Ryan Turris/Perlini/Benson.

A bigger need is a playable 3rd LD. Samurukov is very welcomed to the team. Koekkoekk was a good prospect back in the days, I wonder what not happend

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
With the hot start they’ve bought themselves some time to be patient and opportunity to try guys in the system before shelling out for additions. Plus as the season develops the pool to choose from will grow, they may have their eyes on a few guys who’s teams aren’t ready to sell yet. Until then I think you have to use the time between now and the Olympic break to get some of these young guys into the lineup to see if one or two of them can take a spot and run with it.

I do not envy Holland on having to make a call on goaltending. Outside of Gibson, who we really don’t even know is available, when I look around the league at goalies that could possibly be available, I don’t see anything that could be classified as a definitive upgrade over what we currently have.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
With the hot start they’ve bought themselves some time to be patient and opportunity to try guys in the system before shelling out for additions. Plus as the season develops the pool to choose from will grow, they may have their eyes on a few guys who’s teams aren’t ready to sell yet. Until then I think you have to use the time between now and the Olympic break to get some of these young guys into the lineup to see if one or two of them can take a spot and run with it.

I do not envy Holland on having to make a call on goaltending. Outside of Gibson, who we really don’t even know is available, when I look around the league at goalies that could possibly be available, I don’t see anything that could be classified as a definitive upgrade over what we currently have.

It sounds like Gibson is definitely available, though the price is way too high. If it comes down to it, I really like the idea of bringing in a 50% retained MAF. I know he hasn't looked good at all so far, but he's playing in Chicago, where the team can't really play D (Keith looked very bad there recently, and has looked pretty solid so far in Edmonton).

The weak goals are an absolute back-breaker in the playoffs., and can single-handedly cost a team a series. MAF is a battler when it matters. I would be way more comfortable with a MAF and Smith tandem than a Smith and Koskinen tandem in the playoffs. Plus, I bet MAF wants nothing more than to stick it up DeBoer's and McCrimmon's ass. What better way to do that than to help the Oilers take the West in the playoffs?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Klef comes back as our 3LHD would be a huge boost. I know he’s rehabbing the shoulder, but I hope he’s staying game shape cardio and lower body wise.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's not a horrible guess, but it's definitely not something to fall back on. I just can't see how a guy that was playing at his level could just completely check out at his age.

There's a pretty good chance he and the team are taking things very slowly and if it rolls around to March/April and Klefbom sees some positive results, there's probably some dialog between him and the team.

I just can't imagine a top six of

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Klefbom - Barrie

for the playoffs. I'd be very excited to see what they could do.

Reactions: Oilhawks

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, I used to think that too until I saw him eating at a certain restaurant. Both his shoulders looked okay :p

I will believe it when I see it. Please feel freee to reference this post if he ever comes back to play in the NHL.

was he eating at Elliottes? Or el gaucho?

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
It's not a horrible guess, but it's definitely not something to fall back on. I just can't see how a guy that was playing at his level could just completely check out at his age.

There's a pretty good chance he and the team are taking things very slowly and if it rolls around to March/April and Klefbom sees some positive results, there's probably some dialog between him and the team.

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Klefbom - Barrie

Well we know that Tippett would put Klefbom right back up on the first unit power play. That is predictable.

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Klefbom - Barrie

My guess is Klef begins to practice in March.
Oilers squeeze him into games because someone is on IR. Then playoffs baby.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Klefbom - Barrie

I assume he's retired but boy that would be huge. Even if Klefbom can only give 10-12 minutes a night it may be a huge help. He's a very steady player. Personally I have more hope for Samorukov to be that steady big body come playoff time but I can't deny I hope for Klefboms return, even if it's just for one last playoff run.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I say we give McLeod another shot at 3C while Shore is down, and Samo a shot at 3LD in the coming weeks. After the Olympic break we can make a decision on whether we need to fill those holes with rentals, or go all in on a goalie
It can't hurt to give McLeod the shot. My hope is that those two would drag him into the war.

Reactions: 3IR

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I still would open to MAF even if he is stinking it up in Chicago. I don't believe you forget how to play in 8 games if the ask on Gibson is too high.

That may just lower his price so we can get him for a 2nd with retention for Koskinen.

Plus you know no one will be more motivated to beat Vegas, so that suits us just fine.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I still would open to MAF even if he is stinking it up in Chicago. I don't believe you forget how to play in 8 games if the ask on Gibson is too high.

That may just lower his price so we can get him for a 2nd with retention for Koskinen.

Plus you know no one will be more motivated to beat Vegas, so that suits us just fine.

I've thought about this a bit and was thinking, why not try to add him to the duo, rather than subtract? They could wait til the TDL and move out Turris or something for salary. Have Koskinen down in the AHL as an emergency re-call or try to juggle 3 goaltenders.

Might be nice to have the goalie depth rather than rely on two aging goalies to carry the load in the playoffs. Maybe have Koskinen penciled in to play the 3rd game each series (assuming they are up 2 or the series is tied)

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It sounds like Gibson is definitely available, though the price is way too high. If it comes down to it, I really like the idea of bringing in a 50% retained MAF. I know he hasn't looked good at all so far, but he's playing in Chicago, where the team can't really play D (Keith looked very bad there recently, and has looked pretty solid so far in Edmonton).

The weak goals are an absolute back-breaker in the playoffs., and can single-handedly cost a team a series. MAF is a battler when it matters. I would be way more comfortable with a MAF and Smith tandem than a Smith and Koskinen tandem in the playoffs. Plus, I bet MAF wants nothing more than to stick it up DeBoer's and McCrimmon's ass. What better way to do that than to help the Oilers take the West in the playoffs?

I dunno, it looks like Ducks are getting close to being competitive again, especially in Pacific, why trade your surefire #1 goalie only to have to go out and find another one next year… unless you were convinced he wasn’t such a great goalie and thought you could fleece someone big time. Most I would do for Gibson is 1st + Yamamoto with a middling prospect.

Fleury to me is another gamble, he seems pretty apathetic, I’m not totally sold that he could do better then our current pair but it would be interesting if we met Vegas in the playoffs. He would have to come for next to nothing asset wise, but he’s probably the best gamble out of all the options.

Varlamov could become an option if Sorokin keeps up his play and they want to create cap space to make other moves.

Raanta could possibly be an option if he performs well in the first half and wants more playing time then Carolina is willing to give him.

Other then that maybe Driedger but I’m not sure he would be more consistent then Koskinen. Guys like Geo and Korpisalo aren’t options in my opinion. Neither is going to give us better goaltending then what we already have, no point in spending assets.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
MAF can elevate his game in big game situations, I wouldn't get too caught up in regular season numbers with a guy like that. Remember everyone making fun of Price last year for having a mediocre regular season? And then playoffs happen and you see the difference between a goalie who can take it up a notch or two and guys who can't.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
MAF can elevate his game in big game situations, I wouldn't get too caught up in regular season numbers with a guy like that. Remember everyone making fun of Price last year for having a mediocre regular season? And then playoffs happen and you see the difference between a goalie who can take it up a notch or two and guys who can't.
This is also why I'm big on Varlamov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad