Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OEL or Bust!

Would You Trade Oscar Klefbom, Kris Russell and the 2021 1st Round Pick For OEL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The only problem with that plan would be that Kassian would have to play on the 4th line.

If Clifford wants sign here at round 1 M, I would look at moving on from Kassian. I would look at cheaper option to replace re such as Reaves

Clifford-Kharia-Reaves

Then you can have the rest of the lines to be skilled.
No to reaves, we don’t need any fourth liners who can only play 6 minutes when the games matter.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As much of a clown I think Seravalli is, I definitely consider him a source when it comes to stuff like this.

What I mean is that nothing is confirmed or on the verge of happening yet.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'm surprised people are saying yes to the trade.

Sure, OEL is a better player than Klefbom but his contract is much worse.

I think Klefbom is the better asset.

Dumping Russell shouldnt cost a 1st round pick.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
The only problem with that plan would be that Kassian would have to play on the 4th line.

If Clifford wants sign here at round 1 M, I would look at moving on from Kassian. I would look at cheaper option to replace re such as Reaves

Clifford-Kharia-Reaves

Then you can have the rest of the lines to be skilled.

You could get the same effect (but better) playing Neal-Khaira-Kassian together.

More grinders and power forwards isn't the answer for the Oil. Neal, Kassian, Chiasson, and Khaira form a solid, if overpaid group. The first 3 have already shown they can read McDavid and Drai well enough that those two can bounce pucks in off their @sses; you'll loss that downgrading to Clifford and Reaves.

Now if you want to replace one of them with Maroon on the cheap, I'd listen.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I'm surprised people are saying yes to the trade.

Sure, OEL is a better player than Klefbom but his contract is much worse.

I think Klefbom is the better asset.

Dumping Russell shouldnt cost a 1st round pick.
OEL has had a rough year but would be the best D we’ve had since Pronger. That would make our D core legit going forward. Not often players like him become available.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know that we should/can be paying OEL 8mil+ long term & Nurse 7mil(or whatever he gets) long term. That could really blow up in our faces with both guys overpaid & on long term deals really quickly here.

It's common sense that if OEL gets brought in then Nurse is out. Only way it makes sense

Reactions: AT14C

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
For the cost of OEL, I have to question how much more you'd have to add to get Zito to listen on Ekblad though. That is the definition of a pipe dream, but you never know.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Lets hope Calgary picks him up. To much long term donnaro there. If Neal goes the other way along with one of Bear/Nurse I could see it happening.

Would you rather have OEL at 8.5 long term or Nurse at 8?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
For the cost of OEL, I have to question how much more you'd have to add to get Zito to listen on Ekblad though. That is the definition of a pipe dream, but you never know.

One of Broberg or Bouchard instead of the first round pick, and probably another prospect on top.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Friedman says Colorado are interested in Hjalmarsson.

I wonder if they’d consider Larsson instead?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Lets hope Calgary picks him up. To much long term donnaro there. If Neal goes the other way along with one of Bear/Nurse I could see it happening.

OEL at 8.5. Don't you think Arizona would retain around 2 million? If they do, it's a no brainer

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This is a damn mistake!!! Oh God. We will regret this. What a waste of 2nds
While I'm inclined to agree, let's wait until a deal is actually made and we know what the details are before again declaring something that hasn't happened as a huge mistake the organization has made.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I imagine Nurse will sign long term as well, so I think it's a wash right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad