Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Last Call to Shed Cap Before Free Agent Frenzy, Neal & Koskinen Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
To a point kinda.

Camp is definitely different than game time. In camp vets are at half speed trying to just not get hurt, prospects are supposed to be pushing hard for a spot. If you can't look better than a half speed vet in camp then you aren't the best option. Waivers will give Benson and co a longer look in camp but they have to outplay someone

Well I mean depending on free agency they gotta beat out... *checks notes* Devin Shore.

If they can't do that then yeah I guess move em.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Man I SH** on RNH a lot this past year, but I have a newfound respect for him. That deal he took, even though it is 8 years, is good.
But he's still going to be the same player that you were shitting on this year though.;)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That was the case either way.

There is no "Oilers can goof around for 4-5 years and have no consequences" option.

The Oilers 1st round picks in 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, probably at minimum 2/5 of those will have to be traded.
I don’t know why it corrected to he/she but whatever I’m too lazy to fix it

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Letting Barrie walk after he just led the league for scoring among dmen because you’re unwilling to budge off of 3 years while simultaneously being willing to give Hyman max term....

What a slap in the face of Barrie.

It’s astonishing Holland is going to lose Larsson and Barrie in one off season and people are okay with the idea of Hamonic or Savard to secure the right side.

What a disaster it would be to lose our top 2 RHD.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah, Justin Schultz o_O

Expecting Bouchard to cover Barrie's production as a rookie is the type of logic the team employed when they brought in Jultz.

Schultz went to a team that used him like most want Bouchard used and he excelled.

Players don't need to play on the top pairing to match Barrie's production because very little of his production actually came at 5v5.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad