Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kind of a weird time for signing UDFAs.
We signed Hebig a little bit after Christmas. Aaron Luchuk was signed a few days before by Ottawa. I don't see an issue jumping the gun on an OA if you like them. The crop out there is usually pretty small.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
All of the actual talent STL has is tied down long term at high priced contracts.

Not much falling off the side of the ship for us or anyone else to snatch up.

Schenn, Maroon, and Fabbri would all be good pick ups. They’re cheap for what they bring and have a year or two left. Schenn would require a contract going the other way though

We signed Hebig a little bit after Christmas. Aaron Luchuk was signed a few days before by Ottawa. I don't see an issue jumping the gun on an OA if you like them. The crop out there is usually pretty small.

Ya there are usually a few every year around this time, for guys who break out suddenly later on, is there not?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
It’s not better at all. He’s a UFA at the end of the season.
Uhhh, 20 games of a 1st line NHL winger is infinitely better than Pochio and a conditional pick.

I've seen this show before with Paajarvi and Yakupov. Time to stop being afraid of a player finally getting it in his 4 or 5th season

Reactions: Kolja

North

Jun 25, 2009
Uhhh, 20 games of a 1st line NHL winger is infinitely better than Pochio and a conditional pick.

I've seen this show before with Paajarvi and Yakupov. Time to stop being afraid of a player finally getting it in his 4 or 5th season

It's not better at all unless you extend him. If you can't you've basically given up Puljujarvi for part of a season of a maybe first line winger, more like a second line winger.

It amazes me how many fans like to sell low on prospects.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Kind of a weird time for signing UDFAs.
I think the rumors about signing Ryan Mantha started coming out around this time before he eventually signed in March. The number of prospects that turned pro this year and will be turning next will make it crowded in Bakersfield next year, but I guess that's a nice problem to have.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
With the Kings being an awful team, and if they continue being awful with Stevens gone you have to think they would make a move to start a rebuild/retool. In this case could we make a deal here.

My offer:
Pulju + Lucic + 2nd for Carter + Pearson

Dump Kassian and Benning to whoever, Garrison on waivers, call up Bear

Nuge - Mcdavid - Rattie
Rieder - Drai - Carter
Pearson - Strome - Yams/Cags
Khaira - Brodziak - Chiasson

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russel
Gravel - Bear

Koskinen
Talbot

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Doughty for RNH+

Would you do it?

Probably more realistic is Doughty for Drai+ as the plus wouldn't be that large for Drai.

Here's a thought...

Drai+Lucic for Doughty.

I bet most on the board here would get behind that deal.

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
With the Kings being an awful team, and if they continue being awful with Stevens gone you have to think they would make a move to start a rebuild/retool. In this case could we make a deal here.

My offer:
Pulju + Lucic + 2nd for Carter + Pearson

Dump Kassian and Benning to whoever, Garrison on waivers, call up Bear

Nuge - Mcdavid - Rattie
Rieder - Drai - Carter
Pearson - Strome - Yams/Cags
Khaira - Brodziak - Chiasson

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russel
Gravel - Bear

Koskinen
Talbot
Pulju fetching Pearson is a maybe, with me leaning towards them saying no. Lucic + a 2nd for Carter is completely out of the question, deal favors us too much.

Doughty for RNH+

Would you do it?
They aren't trading Doughty unless he wants out. That cap number is crazy considering what we are paying McDavid and Drai, but if Doughty is available you do what you got to do, to see if you can make it fit. RNH isn't good enough to give me pause in a trade to acquire Doughty, it's more the cap number than the player going back that causes me apprehension.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Doughty has been bad this season and quite honestly his contract looks terrible as soon as next year if this decline continues.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
If LA continues to be this bad Kovulchuk will want out. It would be unreal if we could wrangle him somehow.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If LA continues to be this bad Kovulchuk will want out. It would be unreal if we could wrangle him somehow.

35+, 3YR 6.25M dollar contract with a full NMC is much bad for the Oilers - especially heading into an expansion draft.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The sens chat in the uber if you havnt seen it. Duchene seems to be poison everywhere he goes. Aves are much better since he been gone.

If we're being honest, the Oilers players probably said the same things about Jim Johnson last year.

Reactions: Kolja

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I would love to have any audio of the days when Dallas Eakins was Coach

First thing I thought of as well. Imagine the conversations with Hall, Ebs, Nuge and Schultz after the water bottle incident :) Or during the 20 losses in 21 games run.

Reactions: Belieber

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think a lot of players have plenty of jocular, candid conversations together... obviously the difference here is that it was recorded and posted online without their knowledge. Scuzzy by the Uber driver but dumb of the players to speak out so openly as well.

I agree... likely every team has players who joke about their own play and their coaches at some stage after a series of failures. It's natural to laugh and joke about your collective ineptness instead of always hanging your head in sorrow and being "uber-serious" about your crappiness.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think a lot of players have plenty of jocular, candid conversations together... obviously the difference here is that it was recorded and posted online without their knowledge. Scuzzy by the Uber driver but dumb of the players to speak out so openly as well.

I agree... likely every team has players who joke about their own play and their coaches at some stage after a series of failures. It's natural to laugh and joke about your collective ineptness instead of always hanging your head in sorrow and being "uber-serious" about your crappiness.

That next video session with Marty Raymond is going to be really, really, really, really awkward though.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
That next video session with Marty Raymond is going to be really, really, really, really awkward though.

Well, the extensive sit down conversation between those players and the coaches is going to be really, really, really awkward.

There's no way they can blow past this without having it out. I do think this greatly increases Duchene's odds of moving before Christmas.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well, the extensive sit down conversation between those players and the coaches is going to be really, really, really awkward.

There's no way they can blow past this without having it out. I do think this greatly increases Duchene's odds of moving before Christmas.

It's not just Duchene though. Thomas Chabot is there too FFS. That's pretty much the future of the franchise right there, pissing all over one of their assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad