Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Kailer Yamamoto, Will He Stay or Will He Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Season must be getting close. Pitchforks and foaming mouths are already out and bagging on players. It's become pretty typical for this board.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Unvaxed and vaxed players is 100% related to the team and on ice product. Wtf is everyone talking about saying its an off-topic conversation?

Colts were significantly lower on the colts win totals prediction since they were the most unvaxed team. I dont know if it should be talked about here but it clearly is something that can hamper the season and on-ice product

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
I think Archie as a player is okay for what he brings on-ice. I'd like him signed for a little less than the $1.5 though, but that is on the GM, not the player. On the ice, he more or less does his job I would argue. Yeah, he made a brain dead play in the playoffs, but that isn't the sole reason we lost that game. He is an "end of the roster" player though, so should be doing everything he can to stay in the league.

I like Archie the player, he's shown to be one of the few depth players who can actually jump up the lines and make an impact. One mistake (the playoffs) doesn't define the player. Don't care what he does off the ice as long as it doesn't affect the team.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I think Foegele will end up as our best winger this year. Guy is way too big, fast, strong. Absolute powerhouse of a player. If he scored at even the average rate SH% wise, he would be a top line winger by the way. The potential is huge.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think Foegele will end up as our best winger this year. Guy is way too big, fast, strong. Absolute powerhouse of a player. If he scored at even the average rate SH% wise, he would be a top line winger by the way. The potential is huge.

I have a feeling that Foegele will make Oilers fans forget about Bear very quickly.

Edmonton absolutely loves hard working, physical players that play in straight lines. These were abundant from about 1995-2006 and then essentially been completely absent ever since. Hyman and Foegele will do a lot to change that dynamic.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Guys, Archibald and every NHLer and human being in the US and Canada currently has a choice on whether to get vaccinated or not and they also must live with whatever the consequences are. Archibald is a hard working and tough individual that routinely lays his body on the line for the team. Yes he took that terrible penalty in the playoffs that really snowballed and screwed us. Overall though it is still his choice, this is something that people need to realize, while you may not agree with him or his stance (at least early on in the pandemic) he has that right thanks to the country that he was born in. If he forfeit's his $1.5 million or whatever it is due to his beliefs then he clearly feels strongly about his position and whether you agree with it or not, that would not be an easy thing to do for many people.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Guys, Archibald and every NHLer and human being in the US and Canada currently has a choice on whether to get vaccinated or not and they also must live with whatever the consequences are. Archibald is a hard working and tough individual that routinely lays his body on the line for the team. Yes he took that terrible penalty in the playoffs that really snowballed and screwed us. Overall though it is still his choice, this is something that people need to realize, while you may not agree with him or his stance (at least early on in the pandemic) he has that right thanks to the country that he was born in. If he forfeit's his $1.5 million or whatever it is due to his beliefs then he clearly feels strongly about his position and whether you agree with it or not, that would not be an easy thing to do for many people.

Indeed, not to mention the court of opinion can’t determine whether or not he is vaxxed just because of a Twitter post over a year ago. Unless I missed something

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Our forward core is definitly better. Deeper and more sited for 5v5 play. I hinestly think our D-core is worse and I don't see the goaltending improving on last year. This team has so much that can go wrong IMO. We really need Bouchard to pan out.
This in no way is Holland's doing, but I actually think it'll be slightly better. Bouchard is going to do well and i think Keith has more to give.

They'll be an upgrade over Jones-Larsson even though Larsson was a needed presence

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I am continually shocked that the pro Vax group is so trusting.

I am not anti Vax. Never have been never will be but the level of misunderstanding many of the pro Vax group has is staggering.

The Alberta government used a wonky coefficient that included data from before people were even getting vaccinated to report on levels of vaccinated people in hospitals recently.

They have since been correcting/increasing that percentage of Vax in hispitals but similar stats around the world (Ireland and Isreal) show that the vaccine is have little to no effect on hospitalizations.

I don't believe that it's affecting people more. I also think that much of that has to do with how long those countries have been double vaccinated. But the data heavily suggests covid vaccines either don't help much with the delta variant or that it wanes after 3 months. It also heavily suggests out government is lying to us.

Basic math suggests that the vaccine isn't doing anywhere near as good as hoped.

Some of you are so clueless that it's frightening. Sorry for being so blunt but posts like this are so damn frustrating to read. People like YOU are the problem and are why this damn thing is being prolonged because you're so sadly misinformed.

Also, I'm sorry for contributing to a thread that will probably be locked because some posters have no filter.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Anyway, let's hope everyone on the Oilers gets vaccinated.

Teams like the Canes and Leafs are already at 100%. No reason why we can't be too. And I assume we'll eventually find out who isn't vaccinated considering all the restrictions in place for those who don't get it.

Maybe mods would like to create a separate thread, but it is relevant to the one ice product we'll see this season.

People can also say that they don't care what others do with their bodies but this specific issue does have a trickle down effect onto society at large. Hopefully it's just a one-off on the team.

Reactions: Marty McSurly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad