Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Kailer Yamamoto, Will He Stay or Will He Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I personally think that Foegele is his current replacement and that the likes of Lavoie and Bourgault are his eventual replacements. That said, if we trade him, it needs to be for something of need and not just for the sake of it.

Reactions: bellagiobob

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Montreal walks away from the KK offer sheet, someone mentioned they thought they heard rumours of Dvorak to Montreal as a result? Might get a little jockeying around now with rosters as camps near.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
aZsRrZM.jpg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not surprising, I said they likely wouldn’t match it. Carolina will likely be paying a 30 point forward 4M next year.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If what Carolina did makes offer sheets more normal, I do think we should be worried when it comes to our key RFAs. Our team will be up against the cap for a long time, and will be depending on the ability to chisel RFAs down

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd say this was almost 100% personal for them. I doubt much changes on the offer-sheet front
I think the personal aspect of it was just a front. They know that offer sheets aren't acceptable among GMs and would prefer that they do not become the norm.

Doing them more makes them more acceptable though. Also, the main reason they aren't tried more is because they fail. This offer sheet is unique in how they did it, and other GMs will take notice. It's a one year severe overpay, with a handshake deal for a lower AAV. That last bit is made public, along with a leak of the player saying he wants out of his current team (and so there's no chance of the player's current team assuming they could have that low AAV extension). Montreal would not be allowed to trade KK either, and could only qualify him at the high number 6.1

This has not been done this way before.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Honestly if Montreal trades that extra 1st for Dvorak they might actually come out ahead.

Friedman reporting a deal is being worked on now.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Carolina really boxed Montreal into a corner with that offersheet. I'm not sure it made much sense for Montreal to match it, but I think JK will probably be really good on Carolina. Kinda sucks for the habs.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Maybe, but the next few years are where they have to make hay anyway. I’m not convinced KK is going to be all that great either.

I'd rather have KK over 4 years, but paying him 6+ mil is rough. Montreal kinda damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Revenge is expensive sometimes. 6.1M for KK, Canes get to hope he lives up to it now.

Bergevin is not afraid to do some work and mix things up, clearly :). Good for him if he can fill that C position back up much cheaper and come out at least even on assets after getting the extra 1st and 3rd.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd rather have KK over 4 years, but paying him 6+ mil is rough. Montreal kinda damned if they do and damned if they dont.
I think they upgraded with Dvorak here and it basically involved a swap of a 2nd for a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad