Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Kailer Yamamoto, Will He Stay or Will He Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Directly from the CDC.

Covid is a relevant hockey discussion.

There are a few posters that were reporting everyone, I'd imagine.

It's not merely that reports happen or Covid is brought up. If it were, the OT thread would have been shut down 3 months ago.

It's that I end up seeing this thread after a report, and 3 more pages are now about Covid. Not about how Covid relates to the Oilers (there is some of that), but general Covid talk like about how effective vaccines are or not.

No one ever said you can't discuss Covid as it relates to the Oilers. What you can't do is turn every single time Covid is brought up into a digression that turns the thread into a general Covid thread. Have some discipline.

Or someone brings up Fox News/ OAN. We don't discuss every hockey player's political opinions and never have.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Another thing, if Covid does come up, maybe keep it focused on Canada at a minimum? Even better if just Alberta.

I just deleted about a dozen US centric references that are totally OT. Fauci, CDC, Fox News, etc. General Covid talk that will get stuff shut down.
Someone asked earlier if McDavid is vaccinated, that's a fair topic for some thread though not really a proposal/rumor......
Archibald not being vaccinated is conceivably a fair topic but you can't drag it into a protracted debate on the particulars of every single one of his views. If you can't handle that don't reply or risk forum bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad