Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hey Ken Where's the Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What the point of getting Tartar? To have him warm the bench? Did you watch what he did on the Vegas Knights during the playoffs last time? If all it takes is dumping Matt Benning for Tatar, then I'd do it.
It's Tatar, Tartar is something quite different.

You get Tatar because he's a good scorer and still under contract reasonably for next year. Have you watch any hockey this year? Tatar has 20-32-52 in 58 games this year. You seem very out of your depths in these conversations.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Looks like Holland is going to pull a Chiarelli and just get a Desharnais for the deadline according to Friedman and Stauffer.

That's a massive failure in my opinion. a good 3C, a top 6 winger, or a top 4 Dman is the absolute minimum we should be getting this tdl. Desharnais was an over the hill soft winger 2 years removed from top 6 production and not the right type of player to play anywhere but the top 6.
If that's what this management group decides Mcdavid and Drai deserve after carrying this team since they were drafted and finally having another playoff shot, they're out to lunch.

We have 2 of the best gamebreaking forwards in the game, are 1 top 6 F away from probably the best top 6 in the league, have mike smith who's a strong playoff performer in net, and a D that should shine in the playoffs with guys like Larsson and Nurse, and none of them are getting any younger.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Apparently James Mirtle is reporting the Leafs have interest in Larsson and Puljujarvi, the deal would see Kapanen going to the Oilers (though I assume more something else)
I've got lots of time for kapanen, but not at the cost of larsson, and especially not if we're also throwing in JP.
Benning/Jones/Lagesson + JP and I'd consider it, but Larsson is exactly the type of Dman you need for the playoffs, where as kapenen sees his career ppg cut in half when playoffs come around.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I honestly have no time for Larsson anymore. He's been a horrible net negative player for 2 years 5v5 and easily replaced. There is a lot of players I would play over him beside Klefbom. I'd actually be surprised if Toronto traded for him with how they use analytics in their player decisions.

Reactions: dawunderboy

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Apparently James Mirtle is reporting the Leafs have interest in Larsson and Puljujarvi, the deal would see Kapanen going to the Oilers (though I assume plus something else)
Mirtle has a decent read on prospects, but his read on player value is heavily biased in the Leafs' favour. I wouldn't put to much emphasis into his 'rumors'.

As said before, the Leafs can't offer anything of sufficient value that would offset the loss of Larsson. All Kapanen does is push Kassian into our bottom six and eliminate the majority of his production. Johnsson is a 40 point left winger who only produces with elite supporting casts. The Leafs don't have anything to offer.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Mirtle has a decent read on prospects, but his read on player value is heavily biased in the Leafs' favour. I wouldn't put to much emphasis into his 'rumors'.

As said before, the Leafs can't offer anything of sufficient value that would offset the loss of Larsson. All Kapanen does is push Kassian into our bottom six and eliminate the majority of his production. Johnsson is a 40 point left winger who only produces with elite supporting casts. The Leafs don't have anything to offer.
I was wondering if it Larsson & Puljujarvi for Kapanen and Barrie

Reactions: Little Fury

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I honestly have no time for Larsson anymore. He's been a horrible net negative player for 2 years 5v5 and easily replaced. There is a lot of players I would play over him beside Klefbom. I'd actually be surprised if Toronto traded for him with how they use analytics in their player decisions.

Agreed, he's just playing top-minutes on borrowed time from reputation. He hasn't been a positive factor for quite some time.
If we could get a guy like Kapanen for him I take it and run.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I was wondering if it Larsson & Puljujarvi for Kapanen and Barrie
It still ends up being a two for one deal. Barrie is looking for $8mx8. He's a pure rental.

The defense is set. We still have Russell on the IR. We need a complimentary top six LW and a 3C. No need to reinvent the wheel.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If the price is right. A first is too big a price for a rental. And any rentals worth mentioning will be overpriced so I’m curious to see what he’s able to do.

Stauffer said the other day he expects nothing significant.

Screw Stauffer and screw the Oilers for not even trying to acquire some help. I hate Stauffers fat mediterranean mouth

Reactions: npanciroli

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Agreed, he's just playing top-minutes on borrowed time from reputation. He hasn't been a positive factor for quite some time.
If we could get a guy like Kapanen for him I take it and run.
Some time? How about last night?

Larsson has stepped up significantly in Kris Russell's absence. We'd be up shit creek right now without him.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
I assume McTavish has rejoined the Oilers after his Spengler Cup job;

Bob Stauffer just teased Anton Slepyshev as an off-season target on Twitter

I just don't see a place for Slepyshev on this team next season. We already have Chiasson, Khaira, and Nygard signed as bottom six wingers. Hopefully we will be re-signing Archibald as well, and acquiring a top 6 winger to push Neal into the bottom six. And we have Benson coming up. Unless we move one of these guys or sign Slepy for less than $1M, I don't know how this would work.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It still ends up being a two for one deal. Barrie is looking for $8mx8. He's a pure rental.

The defense is set. We still have Russell on the IR. We need a complimentary top six LW and a 3C. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Sure, Barrie probably improves the defense because his puck moving, and Kapanen might be a right shot, but he's a top-6 winger.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Some time? How about last night?

Larsson has stepped up significantly in Kris Russell's absence. We'd be up **** creek right now without him.
Larsson always puts together a few good games then is a disaster again for a long period. I think his 5v5 GF% of 41.70 from 2017 to now or 36.81 from 2018 to now are enough for me to move on at this point. It's the worse on the team sans Sekera for any defenceman that has played minimum 200 min.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
AWESOME lets bring in more fringe NHLers!!!

Get used to it. With our cap number.. we are going to be hording league minimum players.

Just like the Leafs are.

Whats Anton Lander up to these days? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad