Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Heck, Regula is a very solid prospect, I don’t mind us missing out on Perlini if that was the cost.

Good add for the Wings though, he seems like he’ll fit that forward core well.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He's supposed to make players better if he's "that good". But guy cant drive anything. He's just there which is the whole argument. If McDavid or Draisaitl aren't generating, would be nice of Nuge to step it up for once.

Not sure why I bother replying given how you post.

well at least you didn’t state his draft position for once in this thread. I get it Nuge is your chosen whipping boy for this season. I’ll leave you to that, have fun.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Taking shots at good players in an attempt to prop up bad ones.

An Oilers fan classic.

not a shot at all. I’m genuinely interested to see if Drai can drive his own line now. He’s been incredibly dominant even in games where MCDavid has struggled. I have done nothing but praise Drai all season. The facts are he hasn’t done much away from Connor besides a few playoff games in the last three years. Would be amazing if he could still be a PPG player away from Connor and make the Oilers more difficult to play against as a team, because it seems as though teams have learnt how to adjust to our only line that can score at all.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Manning for Boedker stands out as a deal that could happen. Obviously some dollars moved around to balance the salaries, but Boedker makes sense.

Currently sitting out in Ottawa who are focusing on their younger Fs. Tippett knows him well.

If they can make the salaries close to a wash, I’d be all for that.
Nygard and Boedker would make that left side pretty dang fast, and Mikkel would check a few boxes the bottom nine is missing.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
well at least you didn’t state his draft position for once in this thread. I get it Nuge is your chosen whipping boy for this season. I’ll leave you to that, have fun.

Overdramatic much? Gotta love criticizing a player equates to whipping boy. Newsflash- that'd be Khaira

Anyway,Ive always been critical of his game since his 3rd year and wondered if he has another gear and clearly he doesn't.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Offensively he’s not even close to where he was as a rookie. He’s improved in other areas no doubt but his creativity and play making are shells of their former selves.
That's what happens when there aren't enough scorers to compliment your creativity.
Draisaitl and McDavid have had to change their games and become shooters too. The team is full of Kassians.. Drai, Nuge and McD all had no choice but to work on their shots instead of being overpasses.
Huge diff between Rookie McD vs today's McD

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How many ES points does RNH have this year? 2! He’s on pace for 15 ES points lol. Let’s say it’s just a SSS and say he bumps up his production and finishes with 30 ES points (this is generous too).

You’re telling me you can’t get a 30 point ES player for 4M?
Sure.. let's trade RNH for Ryan Strome then...
RNH for Pageau? Brassard?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This is a crappy nickname. Almost as bad as "Chiaturd" was.

I actually think it might be worse. Didn’t think that would even be possible. But I guess some posters have been hating him being hired since day one and they reallllly must hate that the team is winning with him as GM.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
People need to forget where we drafted RNH and take him for what he is: A mid-range to high end 2nd line C that can play dominant for stretches at a time. When he's hot, he looks like McDavid Jr. out there. When he's cold, he's still not costing the team goals against.

Forget the 1st overall and initial projections, look at what he is right now. If he continues as-is, he will probably re-sign at a reasonable rate. If he lights it up this year and next, he will get a raise. Either way, it's a win-win if you can manage to keep him beyond this contract.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I out as much effort in to it as Tambolland did fixing team’s issues...

You should write Tambolland a letter detailing some of your ideas and suggestions on how to improve the team, because frankly it's embarrassing and anything other then 82-0 is absolutely unacceptable.

I mean this loser was left a bad roster and next to no cap space and what did he do? Basically nothing at all, I mean we're over 10 games in here, honestly he should be calling up the rookies and trading for all the players. I definitely get where you are coming from.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
You should write Tambolland a letter detailing some of your ideas and suggestions on how to improve the team, because frankly it's embarrassing and anything other then 82-0 is absolutely unacceptable.

I mean this loser was left a bad roster and next to no cap space and what did he do? Basically nothing at all, I mean we're over 10 games in here, honestly he should be calling up the rookies and trading for all the players. I definitely get where you are coming from.

Yes all that no cap skace and yet he signed many players who besides PK offer NOTHING

The poster had it right above about Boyle. Do not have to spend lots if you spend smart but guess people like scrubs like Jurco Haas and Nygard over Boyle???

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
People need to forget where we drafted RNH and take him for what he is: A mid-range to high end 2nd line C that can play dominant for stretches at a time. When he's hot, he looks like McDavid Jr. out there. When he's cold, he's still not costing the team goals against.

Forget the 1st overall and initial projections, look at what he is right now. If he continues as-is, he will probably re-sign at a reasonable rate. If he lights it up this year and next, he will get a raise. Either way, it's a win-win if you can manage to keep him beyond this contract.

Depends what "reasonable" is. If he signs for 6-6.5M I'd probably do it, depending on what kinds of trade offers are available and what pending FA might look like that summer. Anything in that 7.5+ range and eh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad