Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hell, atleast Gagner could get off a one-timer :laugh:

could he?
Those two aren't even remotely similar.

Drai is still dominant when he's played #2C.

You're lucky to even notice RNH is on the team as a #2C.
Drai was not dominant at any point playing #2C except for three playoff games three years ago.
I’d love to see what he can do away from Connor now.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nuge has always been disappointing given where he was drafted and expectations. His rookie year set the bar extremely high and each year, we've been left wanting more.

It'll be interesting to see if he can break 56 points and 50+% for FO

You keep on going back to draft position instead of judging him based off his play. It’s not his fault he was drafted #1 in a really poor draft year

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nuge has always been disappointing given where he was drafted and expectations. His rookie year set the bar extremely high and each year, we've been left wanting more.

It'll be interesting to see if he can break 56 points and 50+% for FO
He had 69 points last year...

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
RNH being the worst player of the three on that line destroys any argument so you're not allowed to point that out, sorry. If RNH had good linemates like Gretzky he'd be scoring so suck it haters.

lol so RNH takes the defensive role on a line with two known defensively suspect players, allowing everyone to maximize their strengths, and he's by far the worst?

This is exhausting. I'm done discussing this with all of you. I look forward to hearing everyone complain when he's traded away for peanuts and we spend 10 years making trade proposals for 40-50pt second line centers..

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
RNH being the worst player of the three on that line destroys any argument so you're not allowed to point that out, sorry. If RNH had good linemates like Gretzky he'd be scoring so suck it haters.

One good winger (Neal) isn’t enough actually. He needs good wingers on both sides so realistically he needs Lemieux on the other wing too.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yep. He succeeds with Eberle and Hall: "Hall carried him!"
He doesn't get results with JP/Lucic/Whatever bottom 6/AHL tweener is on his wing: "He's not a line driver get rid of him!"
He succeeds with Mcdavid or Drai: "He's being carried again!"

Meanwhile Mcdavid and Drai have yet to have a winger match the production of RNH last year.

Its almost like good players play best with other good players..
But he should be a 70 point player according to some playing with scrubs like Chiasson lol

Reactions: Hopelesslucicfan

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Chiasson is just as much a strain on that 2nd line as Lucic was to Mcdavid literally killing any sort of cycle with his slowness and turn overs. The only points he has gotten this year have come off plays where the puck literally bounces off him and he's out here playing top 6 minutes.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
lol so RNH takes the defensive role on a line with two known defensively suspect players, allowing everyone to maximize their strengths, and he's by far the worst?

This is exhausting. I'm done discussing this with all of you. I look forward to hearing everyone complain when he's traded away for peanuts and we spend 10 years making trade proposals for 40-50pt second line centers..

As opposed to hearing everyone complain about having 8M of cap space tied up in a long term contract to a 55 point player?

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
As opposed to hearing everyone complain about having 8M of cap space tied up in a long term contract to a 55 point player?

Sam bennet just got 5.1m for a 27 point season when scoring was "way up".
Ryan Dzingle got 6.75 coming off his most productive season, which was way up from his prior seasons, but still not as good as RNH was last year.

6m does not buy what you think it does in the current day NHL, especially in Edmonton.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
True. He should be able to turn Jurco and Chiasson into PPG players since he was drafted 1st overall.

He's supposed to make players better if he's "that good". But guy cant drive anything. He's just there which is the whole argument. If McDavid or Draisaitl aren't generating, would be nice of Nuge to step it up for once.

Not sure why I bother replying given how you post.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ryan Dzingle got 6.75 coming off his most productive season, which was way up from his prior seasons, but still not as good as RNH was last year.

6m does not buy what you think it does in the current day NHL, especially in Edmonton.

lol, Sam Bennett got 5.1M OVER two years.

Dzingle got 6.75M OVER two years.

I mean I don't want to call you out on this but if you're going to use numbers for your argument, you should make sure you know what they represent first.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

6M, for now, is okay for Nuge (even if performance is underwhelming). Down the road, he's going to probably want 8+

Just because other GMs are stupid doesn't mean the Oilers have to join in

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012

ya ok buddy. keep doing those mental gymnastics to justify RNH's mediocrity. "Takes the defensive role" LOL get real. Is he gonna be awarded those Selke's posthumously? He can't score because he's too focused defensively. You can't make this stuff up. What a waste of a 1st overall pick.

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
ya ok buddy. keep doing those mental gymnastics to justify RNH's mediocrity. "Takes the defensive role" LOL get real. Is he gonna be awarded those Selke's posthumously? He can't score because he's too focused defensively. You can't make this stuff up. What a waste of a 1st overall pick.

Apparently having expectations is a sin

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
6M, for now, is okay for Nuge (even if performance is underwhelming). Down the road, he's going to probably want 8+

Just because other GMs are stupid doesn't mean the Oilers have to join in

The problem is that we have no internal replacements unless you drop Drai to 2C in which case we then need at least 1 god winger per line.

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad