Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Get Connor, Leon and Nuge Some Help Damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
#insidertake. lmao at these guys who know more than guys who are plugged in.
What are you even arguing for? Friedman is speculating like he always does on 31 thoughts. The take has absolutely nothing to do with being 'connected'.

Reactions: North

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So what is all of this McDavid crap about? Was something other than "I'd like to personally be in the playoffs" said?

Honestly I want him to stay of course but he should be making the management and the owner sweat buckets right now. Guys like McDavid are all about winning and leaving a legacy. Right now his individual legacy is outstanding, while his team's legacy is a joke in 3 of his 4 seasons.
It the tone of the interview that gave the media what they needed to start a circus.

For me personally, I see the 'we don't even have a GM' bit as a direct shot to Nicholson. Probably overanalyzing it, but those Rieder comments couldn't have sat well in the locker room.

Reactions: Aerrol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It the tone of the interview that gave the media what they needed to start a circus.

For me personally, I see the 'we don't even have a GM' bit as a direct shot to Nicholson. Probably overanalyzing it, but those Rieder comments couldn't have sat well in the locker room.

Where can I see this video?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To jump at every stupid speculation doesn’t make it real.

I don't think we're there yet, but the clock is ticking, and if I had to put money on it I'd say we have two years MAX (depending on how much improvement there is next year) to get this working, otherwise the drama will really start.

Reactions: MessierII

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think we're there yet, but the clock is ticking, and if I had to put money on it I'd say we have two years MAX (depending on how much improvement there is next year) to get this working, otherwise the drama will really start.
I think missing the playoffs next year is fine as long as Connor sees a real plan in pace and a direction for the team. He was right we don't even have a GM. I think he needs to see where the team is going most of all. If we sell the future to make the playoffs next year, I don't see McDavid liking that either.

space321

May 11, 2011

Going to be a busy summer. Think most of our picks and prospects are going to be moved for immediate help.

Not very optimistic the team can be turned around in only 1 offseason. Chiarelli put a LOOOOOT of damage on this roster. None of his big acquisitions have panned out. While I think we can make the playoffs next year with a couple tweaks and 1 or 2 surprise contributions from prospects, I don't think we'll contend for 2-3 years.

OBC stay or OBC go, it really won't make a different in the short term. New GM will have full autonomy like Chiarelli did, and it's up to that person to make the correct final decisions. I don't care if the OBC voices had input on who to bring in or who to trade, a competent GM should be able to discern between good and bad advice. If whoever came up to me and told me "hey Hall is cancer and we can get a decent RHD in Larsson for him" and "let's sign Lucic to 7x6" I would tell them to f*** off.

New GM hiring is going to be key, and it looks like Bob Nicholson is going to make that hire, so uh.... idk, at least he's starting with 10+ candidates this time instead of 1? I feel pretty neutral about that right now, neither optimistic nor dreading something awful. I'll see who he hires before overreacting.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
To jump at every stupid speculation doesn’t make it real.

I agree with this. Posters trying so hard to read between the lines on this and create a story are just fear mongering IMO. Either that or they are projecting their own fears.
That being said the team needs to plug the holes in this sinking ship right away or this could be a real issue down the road.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Get rid of one of those bad contracts and it gives the new gm some flexibility. There’s 3-4 that can potentially be dealt and create a huge amount of cap space.

It won’t be easy, it might not even be possible, but there is huge potential for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad