Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Get Connor, Leon and Nuge Some Help Damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't sign Chiasson hes a plug. I like skill. I mean fine if you can fit Chiasson into our bottom 6 that's great.. that's what he is.. a bottom 6 player.

Fine.. change the name Batherson for whomever you want.. Batherson is the name that makes Ottawa fans say HELL NO to this deal that you think is an overpay from the Oilers.

I don’t want Batherson. Or any of the other names you mentioned. I don’t see any sense in dealing them RNH and a first rounder in the first place. Trading a 65-70 point forward and a high first rounder needs to bring back a LOT more than that.

White is also on pace for 45 points, not 50. And playing 2C for the worst team in the NHL and doing it while dragging along the likes of Lucic and Rieder are wildly different things.

This “oh he isn’t THAT much of a downgrade and think of the cap savings!” is exactly the kind of mindset that got us into the Eberle for Strome mess. Downgrades are downgrades. f*** the cap savings. Once you’ve got a 25 year old forward like RNH you don’t just up and trade them for what’s mostly a mystery box. Again, that’s the kind of logic that got us where we are today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lucic for Ryan is a clear upgrade on our side but the Nuge + 1st for White + Batherson part..... Puke

Why would we give up both the better pieces? White is Nuge v2 best case scenario. Batherson is an unknown, and not as good of one as a our pick.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
What's with all the "make the playoffs" rhetoric around here?

We have the best player in the world and then another generational player behind him in Drai. We should be trying to contend for christs sake.
Exactly, f*** just barely squeaking in to get swept in the first round....

Do it right and become a contender for the next 10 years

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Lucic for Ryan is a clear upgrade on our side but the Nuge + 1st for White + Batherson part..... Puke

Why would we give up both the better pieces? White is Nuge v2 best case scenario. Batherson is an unknown, and not as good of one as a our pick.

Well we just need two 50 point wingers

We have the following assets to trade

1st, Pulj, Bear, what else... the defenseman Bouchard makes expendable?

We just need to make it happen. It would completely give this team a whole new look and feel. We would be monsters.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

We just need to make it happen. It would completely give this team a whole new look and feel. We would be monsters.

Right, because if there’s a team we want to model ourselves after, it’s the 2018-19 Ottawa Senators.

Reactions: TB12

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Right, because if there’s a team we want to model ourselves after, it’s the 2018-19 Ottawa Senators.

Well.. obviously not lol..

All I did was spread the value across three players as oppose to the two roster player we are losing (RNH + Lucic) and gave us 3 players that can slot into and play in our top 6 right now.. like I said swap Batherson for whomever you want from their FWD's not named Tkachuk and have at her.. Ottawa will love that.

I made the Oilers a much better team with the trade. I understand why fans would have a heart attack with this deal at first though.. I just know the 3 players we are trading for in this scenario. Our top 6 would be a lot better then it is right now and White + Batherson will develop into assets with value..

our package has good potential to be worth more then theirs in the long run. Especially once Ryan expires and we gain his cap space. But in the short term RYAN >>>> LUCIC for this team.

There is zero guarantee that the player selected at first overall will develop into a better player then white.. I'm high on white. But maybe he does.. the difference being he wont be ready to play in the NHL right now and produce.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Man oh man if we got Hughes or Kakko our winger problems would pretty much be solved.

Draft Hughes/Kakko (if we win lottery of course)

Trade 2 2nds for Kapanen (sign 5 years x 4.25m or 8 years x 5m )

Yamo + Manning for Pageau

Bear + 4th for Raddysh

Raddysh - Mcdavid - Drai
Kapanen - Nuge - Kakko/Hughes
Benson - Pageau - Gagner
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russel
Jones - Benning

I'd also want to try and add to Larsson and upgrade but there isn't anyone that would be available and make sense to make a move for. Also, add Pulju to Lucic and retain like 2m and get him tf out of here.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

To do it right we need 3 50 point wingers, imo. You either want to have 3 solid top six line quality duos or to have a lethal top line and a lethal second line.

Then we need need to make our third line our fourth line and find cap space to grab 3 quality third line guys.

Plus, ideally we add a top pair defenseman.

We do all that... we should be able to win a cup. If that's possible? I don't know. I sure hope so though. Its possible some of our kids coming up can fill some of those shoes too; Benson, Gambardella, Marody etc. But I'd rather they have to surpass actual nhl talent to get there.

Reactions: Chabot84

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well.. obviously not lol..

All I did was spread the value across three players as oppose to the two roster player we are losing (RNH + Lucic) and gave us 3 players that can slot into and play in our top 6 right now.. like I said swap Batherson for whomever you want from their FWD's not named Tkachuk and have at her.. Ottawa will love that.

I made the Oilers a much better team with the trade. I understand why fans would have a heart attack with this deal at first though.. I just know the 3 players we are trading for in this scenario. Our top 6 would be a lot better then it is right now and White + Batherson will develop into assets with value..

our package has good potential to be worth more then theirs in the long run. Especially once Ryan expires and we gain his cap space. But in the short term RYAN >>>> LUCIC for this team.

There is zero guarantee that the player selected at first overall will develop into a better player then white.. I'm high on white. But maybe he does.. the difference being he wont be ready to play in the NHL right now and produce.

If White is what you get at first overall, your scouts f***ed up but good.

Batherson hasn’t even proven he’s an NHLer yet and you’re gifting him a top six role? White has a decent season and you’re shoving him into a top six role too in the hope of making the playoffs? No... no no no. Ditching Lucic is not worth this.

Though with a name like Chabot84 i sincerely question where your loyalties lie. No wonder you’d make that deal from an Edmonton perspective, Ottawa is the runaway winner in your deal.

Ryan > Lucic
White <<< RNH
Batherson << Top 10 pick.

Reactions: ujju2

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
If White is what you get at first overall, your scouts ****ed up but good.

Batherson hasn’t even proven he’s an NHLer yet and you’re gifting him a top six role? White has a decent season and you’re shoving him into a top six role too in the hope of making the playoffs? No... no no no. Ditching Lucic is not worth this.

Though with a name like Chabot84 i sincerely question where your loyalties lie. No wonder you’d make that deal from an Edmonton perspective, Ottawa is the runaway winner in your deal.

Ryan > Lucic
White <<< RNH

Hey, no need for bolded. @Chabot84 has been here the last few weeks as a very active poster, and has made no secret that he's a severe masochist of a former Sens fan who decided to abandon the team given Melnyk's madness for...us....somehow.

I also don't disagree with the premise of his suggestion, though I also agree that I don't like the value. Frankly, I don't know enough about Batherson but I think White > 1OA (this year especially) is a pretty shocking/incorrect statement to make.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Ryan > Lucic
White <<< RNH

Time will tell I guess. I don't value the top 10 pick as much as you do because it cant play for us right now. I'm not loyal to Ottawa anymore.. I live here in Edmonton and Ottawa has made it impossible for me to continue being a fan of that team.. I wish them well.

I think its an overpay from Edmonton but I like the end result and what it does for our hockey team. Yes I think we have a better shot at the playoffs next year if we made that trade. It would be a more exciting hockey team to watch. Batherson will be in Ottawa top 6 next year you will see. I understand the reservations around a huge trade like this.. especially for younger players and giving away a stud like RNH.. I get that. I don't hold as high of value for RNH as you do as a new Oiler fan.. I have zero loyalty to him.. I don't see him as an amazing player.. I see him as a valuable asset that may be peaking right now that we could use a trade chip though..

maybe in a better trade... but id consider trading RNH.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Hey, no need for bolded. @Chabot84 has been here the last few weeks as a very active poster, and has made no secret that he's a severe masochist of a former Sens fan who decided to abandon the team given Melnyk's madness for...us....somehow.

I also don't disagree with the premise of his suggestion, though I also agree that I don't like the value. Frankly, I don't know enough about Batherson but I think White > 1OA (this year especially) is a pretty shocking/incorrect statement to make.

Did I say White was better then #1OA lol... if I did that's not what I meant.. I meant White MIGHT be better then our first round pick this year in the long run... hes that good.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Ryan > Lucic
White <<< RNH

haha man... I see what I wrote there... I meant whom the Oilers select with their first round pick this year.. I'm saying White is good enough he could turn out better then that player..

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Did I say White was better then #1OA lol... if I did that's not what I meant.. I meant White MIGHT be better then our first round pick this year in the long run... hes that good.

I mean, it's possible but I think it's a bad gamble to make, haha. But fair enough it's taking your words out of context.

What do you project Batherson as? Why do you project him so high? More information I think would make people maybe more open to your trade idea, because as it stands I agree with Chaotic's breakdown of the value of each part.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
haha man... I see what I wrote there... I meant whom the Oilers select with their first round pick this year.. I'm saying White is good enough he could turn out better then that player..

That makes more sense. I get what you’re trying to do but trading RNH and our first for mostly unproven options and a player I can’t stand I just can’t get behind. Ryan is done. He lives for the gimme these days. In dealing Lucic for him you’re just swapping out the flu for tonsillitis.

You left the Sens for... the Oilers? You sick bastard, you’re a glutton for punishment aren’t you :laugh: sorry for being accusatory. We can disagree without getting mean.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Just the eye test mostly I saw him playing in Ottawa top 6 for a couple games this year.. he was playing with like Duchene and Stone and stuff. He looked like he's gonna be a stud. They sent him back down.

Heres where the Sens board voted him on their prospect list:

They even put him above White :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%
3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%
5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 40.6%
9- Josh Norris (C) 34.1%
10-

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #10

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
That makes more sense. I get what you’re trying to do but trading RNH and our first for mostly unproven options and a player I can’t stand I just can’t get behind. Ryan is done. He lives for the gimme these days. In dealing Lucic for him you’re just swapping out the flu for tonsillitis.

You left the Sens for... the Oilers? You sick bastard, you’re a glutton for punishment aren’t you :laugh: sorry for being accusatory. We can disagree without getting mean.

Haha yeah, the trades get crazy because I'm trying to fix the team right now.. and probably a more patient approach would be better for the long run but I really think we could fix this team on the fly as we go here... I don't think missing playoffs next year should be an option really... hopefully we can figure something out to start fixing this mess and give McD and Drai some players to play with!

Yeah.. I get what you are saying but ive been watching the Oilers for the past 10 years since I moved here and I think they are ready now.. I won't be punished for much longer. I can finally afford to go to playoff games and the Oilers wont give me any to go to!! I cant wait! We have a bright future if we can just make some tweaks to this roster.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
id like to point out that lucic got wasted by phaneuf lol and took it like a wuss

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Just the eye test mostly I saw him playing in Ottawa top 6 for a couple games this year.. he was playing with like Duchene and Stone and stuff. He looked like he's gonna be a stud. They sent him back down.

Heres where the Sens board voted him on their prospect list:

They even put him above White :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%
3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%
5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 40.6%
9- Josh Norris (C) 34.1%
10-

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #10

Interesting. I went and read some comments in the #4 Voting thread, and the suggestion that he's the Sens' next Stone certainly stands out. Still, you have to remember he's proven nothing so far, and its draft AND develop. I don't value someone looking that good in the Sens system as highly as you because I'd bet that for all their madness, their AHL team/development program blows the Oilers out of the water. Where he is right now, he's basically got the value of Tyler Benson, maybe a little more. He doesn't carry more than our first round pick this year (top 10 most likely), and won't until he starts to show something at the NHL level.

Maybe not the worst gamble to try and grab him though.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Interesting. I went and read some comments in the #4 Voting thread, and the suggestion that he's the Sens' next Stone certainly stands out. Still, you have to remember he's proven nothing so far, and its draft AND develop. I don't value someone looking that good in the Sens system as highly as you because I'd bet that for all their madness, their AHL team/development program blows the Oilers out of the water. Where he is right now, he's basically got the value of Tyler Benson, maybe a little more. He doesn't carry more than our first round pick this year (top 10 most likely), and won't until he starts to show something at the NHL level.

Maybe not the worst gamble to try and grab him though.
Drake BathersonRWBEL51213556
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tyler BensonLWBAK59144357
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hmm.. interesting. I definitely need to learn more about the Oilers prospects.. when will Benson be ready to see some time up in the NHL? Have we seen him up here yet?

We got a winger problem lol... and we got this guy? Why isn't he getting a call up?

Reactions: ujju2

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Who would yall prefer from Johnson/Palat/Miller on Tampa? I would take Tyler Johnson personally, play him at #3C and run 3 scoring lines.

They could potentially be had for cheap with Kucherovs 5 million raise and Points 8(+) million raise

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hmm.. interesting. I definitely need to learn more about the Oilers prospects.. when will Benson be ready to see some time up in the NHL? Have we seen him up here yet?
Benson will get a chance at camp and if he blows them out of the water he gets a shot, if not another full year.

Reactions: Aerrol and Chabot84

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

We haven’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees time next year. He’s still got things to work on but he’s a very complete player. One of those “B+ across the board” guys. Doesn’t really excel anywhere but does most everything well.

Reactions: Aerrol and Chabot84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad