Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman Reports Optimisim Around 4 Year Adam Larsson Extension

Adam Larsson 4 Year Contract. Your Salary Threshold?

• < $3,000,000

• < $3,250,000

• < $3,500,000

• < $3,750,000

• < $4,000,000

• < $4,250,000

• < $4,500,000

• < $4,750,000

• < $5,000,000

• > $5,000,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
you need to double check his history starting in Jr--
Two suspensions for 'abuse of officials' and the Sarnia incident. I was at one game where (I'm assuming) his dad likely started an argument from the visitor's section.

There's a lot of evidence of him being a hot-head. Very little supporting the whole 'racist' angle.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
In a year that numerous productive NHLers have cleared waivers? I'm guessing that his $4.8m price tag had a bit to do with it.

Regardless, my point was that replacing Barrie's offensive contributions would be a much easier task than filling Larsson's defensive contributions. I'm not wrong. It's also kind of a dumb suggestion valuing one over the other. The easiest RD to replace in terms of contributions is Bear.

Pointless to rehash old arguments where no one provided any concrete proof though. What 'slur' was even used and in what context? The only 'racist' incident in this kid's past occurred before he was 18 and people are still calling him a racist. That's dumb.

Of course DeAngelo is a player that comes with risk. He's got a history of being a person with a very weak filter and very short fuse. For his sake I hope he's seeking therapy. But it's also the very reason why he'd come in at a fraction of the cost of a player that could put up the same level of production.
People of Adam Larsson's caliber get traded for 3rd or 4th rounders every year.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Deviating from the dman discussion...

Brandon Saad would be a fantastic fit on Mcdavids lw, do it all type of guy that plays hard in all 3 zones and isn’t too old. Does pretty much all his scoring at ev which is what we need. If we can somehow sign him at like 4m AAV that would be a steal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerfish

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Two suspensions for 'abuse of officials' and the Sarnia incident. I was at one game where (I'm assuming) his dad likely started an argument from the visitor's section.

There's a lot of evidence of him being a hot-head. Very little supporting the whole 'racist' angle.

Stevi Y was in Tampa when he was drafted and they soured on him pretty quickly and suggested it went beyond having a short fuse and had to do with character issues. Something happened in Syracuse as well. And he was not popular with all his teammates--only a few. Every team he went to there was trouble

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I've gone through this exercise with some posters who seem to think that Holland is handicapped again this offseason but the fact of the matter is that they can sign Barrie for around $5M, sign Nuge and Larsson for around $10M, sign Yamamoto at $2.5M, Klef can return from LTIR and they still have enough room to sign a $5M or so top 6 forward and bring back Smith who shouldn't command more than $2M. This is without moving any salary out. If they move salary out whether it be trade or buy out, that opens up even more possibilities. If Barrie doesn't sign here, even more flexibility.

The point is that even with the top heavy salary structure and bad contracts, they still have the flexibility to re-sign all their free agents and add.

People don't believe this no matter how many times it's said, but it is still worth repeating.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sarnia's Anthony DeAngelo suspended for slur directed at teammate

season the 18-year-old has been suspended for contravening the rule which attempts to keep homophobic, racist, sexist, and the other derogatory language used by small minds – out of the game.

http://www.cksn.ca/2021/02/line-change-the-problem-with-tony-deangelo/

Then there’s that infamous video of Anthony DeAngelo, Tony’s dad, stating that he uses racist slurs “every day, every day.”

N.Y. Ranger idiot who enjoys a good racial slur rage-quits Twitter to protest his dear leader Trump's ban

there is a video in that article with his father explaining where he gets his language from

if that shit was said about me and was all a lie? I am filing multi million buck lawsuits right away

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If Klefbom can't return, I would be tempted to grab Mike Reilly on D as a partner for Larsson. He really turned out, took some time but looks impressive now.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Funny. I saw Savard get traded for a 1st+ about a month ago. The ask on Manson was significantly higher. Larsson's younger and better than both.
I saw Ryan Murray traded for a 5th and Nate Schmidt traded for a 3rd in the summer.

Larsson is barely an upgrade over the Kris Russel's of the world.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Deviating from the dman discussion...

Brandon Saad would be a fantastic fit on Mcdavids lw, do it all type of guy that plays hard in all 3 zones and isn’t too old. Does pretty much all his scoring at ev which is what we need. If we can somehow sign him at like 4m AAV that would be a steal.
Yah I think Saad would be a real good option for one of our top 2 LW spots.

Reactions: 780il

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
His current team has banished him from their organization. Should give you a pretty good read on his character.

Being suspended twice in one season by your OHL team for using derogatory slurs is not rumours. Being kicked off his team for getting into alteractions with teammates is not rumours.

This is a player who across multiple teams across multiple leagues has had substantial character issues regarding supplemental discipline.

Yeah and the Rangers have never been known as a team full of choir boys either.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I saw Ryan Murray traded for a 5th and Nate Schmidt traded for a 3rd in the summer.

Larsson is barely an upgrade over the Kris Russel's of the world.
Two of the guys mentioned are tough right-shot shutdown Dmen while the others are soft left-shot middle pairing D. Whose offering up the more comparable players?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's funny that the Larsson debate becomes Larsson vs Russell as a comparable. Russell was a valuable veteren who was always said to be overpaid after his first year, at 4 million AAV, but when the dust settled on the season he was always well worth his cap hit. This season, it's not that way but it's the final year of his deal and he's clearly lost a step. I think Larsson is better than Russell ever was but is clearly a D-first guy so he is comparable in terms of his role. If all Larsson is is a young Russell, I don't see the problem. That's awesome. And it looks like he'll be cheaper, and better

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Value signing: Michael Bunting
Value trade: Ondrej Kase (who likely gets exposed by Boston, even though he is literal glass it could be a cheap price to gamble on)
Another value trade: Blake Lizotte - has the speed of Haas but I think more upside there, probably won't cost much with LA's C depth coming

BLANK-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-McLeod-Kase
Bunting-Lizotte-Archibald
Kassian (stuck with him, Kase insurance maybe)

Bunting 2 yrs x 1.5M per
Kase's QO is just under 3M
Lizotte 1.25M cap hit ish

This plan would involve re-signing RNH, of course, but with the cap money we should be able to pick up a sweet top line LW while Holloway gets to start in the AHL for development.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Thoughts and trying to acquire Ghost from Philly if Klefbom isn't coming back?

Nurse, Ghost, Kulikov, Jones on the left

Larsson, Bouchard, Bear and maybe Hamilton on the right.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Value signing: Michael Bunting
Value trade: Ondrej Kase (who likely gets exposed by Boston, even though he is literal glass it could be a cheap price to gamble on)
Another value trade: Blake Lizotte - has the speed of Haas but I think more upside there, probably won't cost much with LA's C depth coming

BLANK-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-McLeod-Kase
Bunting-Lizotte-Archibald
Kassian (stuck with him, Kase insurance maybe)

Bunting 2 yrs x 1.5M per
Kase's QO is just under 3M
Lizotte 1.25M cap hit ish

This plan would involve re-signing RNH, of course, but with the cap money we should be able to pick up a sweet top line LW while Holloway gets to start in the AHL for development.
I like the idea of taking a shot at Bunting. He's another former teammate of Darnell's. He's had a really non-linear development path but seems to be clicking in a fairly big offensive role in Arizona. I don't see why they don't re-sign him though. Seems to be a bit of a pest.

Reactions: Paralyzer008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad