Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman Reports Optimisim Around 4 Year Adam Larsson Extension

Adam Larsson 4 Year Contract. Your Salary Threshold?

• < $3,000,000

• < $3,250,000

• < $3,500,000

• < $3,750,000

• < $4,000,000

• < $4,250,000

• < $4,500,000

• < $4,750,000

• < $5,000,000

• > $5,000,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What part of being in the playoffs are you missing? Bouchard doesn't replace Barrie this year ... not from a skill or impact standpoint.

Seriously, what team trades its veteran players heading into the playoffs, with the expectation of playing rookies?

That's a move for rebuilding teams.
Yeh, no way u trade Barrie at deadline but Bouch certainly should have played these past 10 or so games.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Yes Holland put the short term and winning now ahead of long term better team. Barrie should have been gone at the deadline and Bouchard occasionally playing,
Bro I swear, your takes are some of the worst on this board. Sometimes I do believe you’re from CP lmao

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Yeh, no way u trade Barrie at deadline but Bouch certainly should have played these past 10 or so games.
So one hand you have Barrie and get to play a few playoff games but you have given up the chance to change him for a top line LW or a goalie.
You dont really believe Edmonton is playing for a stanley cup do you? But there are at least three teams that needed a Barrie.
Were three critical pieces away plus a couple of depth pieces. So win a round. And play a second one perhaps.
Holland isnt able to find the right 5 pieces in one summer....not likely anyways.
Hockey is entertainment--make fans happy now. But the sacrifice is not worth it!
Moreover ...Yes Barrie fits well and fits the rush offensively.....wait till things get tight in the playoffs...the pain may very well out weigh the gain--kind of like last game.
OF course Holland could surprise me and sign Barrie for 22.5 million over 5 years and then this post is out to lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snipes45

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
So one hand you have Barrie and get to play a few playoff games but you have given up the chance to change him for a top line LW or a goalie.
You dont really believe Edmonton is playing for a stanley cup do you? But there are at least three teams that needed a Barrie.
Were three critical pieces away plus a couple of depth pieces. So win a round. And play a second one perhaps.
Holland isnt able to find the right 5 pieces in one summer....not likely anyways.
Hockey is entertainment--make fans happy now. But the sacrifice is not worth it!
Moreover ...Yes Barrie fits well and fits the rush offensively.....wait till things get tight in the playoffs...the pain may very well out weigh the gain--kind of like last game.
OF course Holland could surprise me and sign Barrie for 22.5 million over 5 years and then this post is out to lunch.
This post is spot on. I could not even like it more.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, im sure McDavid and Draisaitl would have been pleased if Holland started trading away good hockey players for futures.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Calling it now, Neal is going to be a player this year in the playoffs. It’s finally looked like he’s over the covid symptoms the last couple weeks. He’s gonna have an impact on some playoff games.
We can only hope. For some time he's been a guy who makes hay on the powerplay and has been a line killer at even strength.

He's had a good stretch of games recently but I'm not gonna put a ton of weight into them considering several were against non playoff teams in games that mattered very little.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
One trading away Barrie would of been a massive middle finger to everything the team did this year and straight up telling McDrai "You guys are doing phenomenal but I don't believe in the team so Imma make the team worse for assets, good luck!!"

Playoff experience matters, and always matters, keeping Barrie helps with that. Keeping a pending UFA is another way of spending potential assets at the deadline.

Reactions: North, Ck1 and TB12

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Of course not. If they said "we have to keep him", I would follow suit. It does not mean I agree with them.
"I'm thinking about trading our best offensive defenseman for something that might help us in three or four years. What do you think?"

That seems like a good way for McDavid and Draisaitl to lose faith in the guy running the team.
nzbAQCj.gif

Reactions: North and TB12

JayE

Sep 24, 2016

Putting aside how dealing Barrie would've sent a terrible message to the everyone on the team, how were the Oilers going to get a top LW or a starting goalie at the trade deadline? At most they were getting a pick in a murky draft + a prospect.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Well you said the only reason why Tippett did that was to be difficult.
He only played him because Bear was injured despite his good play he had one bad game playing his off side where Koskinen stank up the joint and he didn't see the lineup until what game 53? How is that not being difficult on his part especially considering they probably had a better idea than any of us that they were going to need to replace Barries production next season. Now its a hope game that Bouchard can do that.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Deangelo is garbage I'm sorry. He's a racist! I'm Punjabi! You think I would want this garbage human being on the team? I don't care how good he is. I don't want him near this team

I am white and totally agree with you . We have no place with a racist on this team . The Oilers have always been the class of the NHL when it came be all inclusive . Sure trade a cap dump for him just to buy out the POS . May Space X can launch Deangelo as the next Starman .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Deangelo is garbage I'm sorry. He's a racist! I'm Punjabi! You think I would want this garbage human being on the team? I don't care how good he is. I don't want him near this team

I am white and totally agree with you . We have no place with a racist on this team or planet . The Oilers have always been the class of the NHL when it came be all inclusive . Sure trade a cap dump for him just to buy out the POS . May Space X can launch Deangelo as the next Starman .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad