Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Friedman Reports Optimisim Around 4 Year Adam Larsson Extension

Adam Larsson 4 Year Contract. Your Salary Threshold?

• < $3,000,000

• < $3,250,000

• < $3,500,000

• < $3,750,000

• < $4,000,000

• < $4,250,000

• < $4,500,000

• < $4,750,000

• < $5,000,000

• > $5,000,000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
how do we fit him under the cap?
It can be done, but it makes things difficult.

It only gets more difficult in the future. There's Nurse's extension, and other players like Puljujarvi coming. Then of course there is Draisaitl in a few years and McDavid right after. Plus we want to increase our depth and want some cap room for increased goalie spending, if we get lucky enough to find a goalie worth spending on.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It can be done, but it makes things difficult.

It only gets more difficult in the future. There's Nurse's extension, and other players like Puljujarvi coming. Then of course there is Draisaitl in a few years and McDavid right after. Plus we want to increase our depth and want some cap room for increased goalie spending, if we get lucky enough to find a goalie worth spending on.

yeah--Can you explain how it gets done while we also need to address our goalie situation?

show me the numbers please and of course the package we are giving up--SAbres wont be taken any trash--no no Neal or Kassian

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yeah--Can you explain how it gets done while we also need to address our goalie situation?

show me the numbers please and of course the package we are giving up--SAbres wont be taken any trash--no no Neal or Kassian
There's no need to crunch numbers if we were willing to walk from RNH for instance. Then we just have to find 4 million. That can be done quickly by walking from Barrie, buying someone out, and remember that our dead cap is already starting to come off (ie Sekera buyout).

Also, I imagine that they would take Neal. It's only for two seasons, and if they are going into mini-rebuild, that's not a tough pill to swallow at all.

I am skeptical that we could make that trade though. We could give them Holloway. They would NEED a good center though. Someone out there has a more appropriate centerpiece of a trade.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
It’s quite ridiculous. The number of guys throwing shade at Barrie while simultaneously pumping up a guy with, uh, twenty NHL games and six points is par for the course on this board.
So you would consider Bill Zito and Stan Bowman ridiculous? Cause this is way they have proceeded.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
You sign Barrie all day long if you can, and if you do drop a player its Bear and his 2 M.

Let Bouch play next year and marinade under Barrie. Barrie is a player this team needs/wanted for years.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You sign Barrie all day long if you can, and if you do drop a player its Bear and his 2 M.

Let Bouch play next year and marinade under Barrie. Barrie is a player this team needs/wanted for years.

Instead of dropping Bear get him to work on playing LD in the offseason.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad