Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Defense Set, or Another Addition In the Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
there’s also cap space and the possibility of ice time for Bouchard.

so it’s Hamonic, cap space, Bouchard, and the return you get for Larsson in exchange for Larsson. I’m not sure Larsson was a better player than Hamonic last year.
I think Larsson was very easily better than Hamonic last year.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think they have Edmonton doing bad because we probably have the worst goaltending in the division, if maaaaybe better than Ottawa.

This worst goaltending tandem in the league also was playing for a 4th place team in the conference...

Reactions: nabob

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This worst goaltending tandem in the league also was playing for a 4th place team in the conference...
They were middle of the road for GA/G and the goaltending certainly wasn't up to snuff last year in the playoffs.

I also said division, not league. Hellybuck, Price, Markstrom, Demko (pending), Andersen are all very strong starters.

There's also the issue of the highly compressed schedule which is going to force us to use Smith, and let's be real, Smith's play waned drastically as the season went on.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
They were middle of the road for GA/G and the goaltending certainly wasn't up to snuff last year in the playoffs.

I also said division, not league. Hellybuck, Price, Markstrom, Demko (pending), Andersen are all very strong starters.

There's also the issue of the highly compressed schedule which is going to force us to use Smith, and let's be real, Smith's play waned drastically as the season went on.
From Jan 1st to the stoppage Smith went 12-3-4 with .911 save %

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
From Jan 1st to the stoppage Smith went 12-3-4 with .911 save %
I'd be interested to know what our GF/G was at that time.

19-12-6 2.95 GAA and .902 sv% over the whole season.

There were reasons why we were begging Tippett to start Koskinen in the playoffs.

EDIT: Dug out the stats. 8 of those games his sv% was .900 or lower. One game with less than 2GA. There were a few games in there where he played well but for the most part Koskinen was the better goalie.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

There were reasons why we were begging Tippett to start Koskinen in the playoffs.

EDIT: Dug out the stats. 8 of those games his sv% was .900 or lower. One game with less than 2GA. There were a few games in there where he played well but for the most part Koskinen was the better goalie.
Season is 56 games. Smith won’t get many games

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
God damn. 11 back to backs? We usually get the least out of most teams lol. Ouch

There is 11 games for Smith right there.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

3 regulation losses in 19 games is 3 regulation losses in 19 games. That’s an astronomical amount of points for us. We actually did get more points with smith in net than with Koskinen. At the end of the day points are what decides the standings. Our goaltending was good enough to be the best among Canadian teams this year and we’re going into the season with the same goalies. If smith does exactly what he did this past year we’re going to be very successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad