Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Cryin', Waitin', Hopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
$11M in cap space to get a 3C, top 6F, starting goalie, depth piece plus new contracts for Larsson or replacement and Yamo.

Having an extra 2 or 3 million could help with that list.
11M isn’t totally accurate, that includes Stalock and Broberg, so roughly 12.5M before Klefbom’s LTIR and the probable Neal buyout.

Reactions: FunkyChicken

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Should’ve paid that to a left D who can still play hockey well.

This is such a dumb narrative and it's getting tiresome to read.

I don't like the Keith deal either but just because he's not a 23+ minute Dman anymore doesn't mean he can't play at the NHL level. Some of the hyperbole, mainly by analytic spreadsheet worshipers, is getting out of hand. Is it possible that he's no longer a top 4 Dman anymore? Sure, but we really don't know until we actually see him in that 2nd pairing role which is a role he's never played before.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
11M isn’t totally accurate, that includes Stalock and Broberg, so roughly 12.5M before Klefbom’s LTIR and the probable Neal buyout.

So for practical purposes it's more like 12.5M + 3.5 extra from buying out Neal (or Koskinen).

I'm kinda hesitant to include Klefbom in that because you have to be cap compliant on day 1 of the season, so you can't just free willy use that as bonus cap room.

They should be looking to move Klefbom to a rebuilding/cap floor team.

Reactions: Faelko

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That information in front of you tells you it’s 2 weeks into the offseason. Don’t be so dense. The Keith trade isn’t happening in a vacuum.

Until we make other moves, it is. And even then, you can still assess it on its merits or lack thereof. Anyway, I'm done talking about keith.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Goodrow (his UFA rights I assume) to the Rangers really hurts for a couple of reasons. It probably takes them out of the Kassian market and he was a top target of mine for 3rd line LW. Damn

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Well, if you're going to make posts that are utterly free of comment or content, don't blame people for filling in the blansk.
I'm saying that you sitting there with your shopping list of what you think has to happen doesn't actually mean shit in the grand scheme of things. I keep seeing these lists of 5 to 7 changes that need to be made and can't help but laugh that people actually think turning over close to half the lineup is at all reasonable or the expectation and that we fail if they don't.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's not out of the realm of possibility-indeed it's quite probable-that he's done.
K so ignore the fanbase that’s watched him for 16 years and deem it probable he’s done. No one will really know until we know. Let’s see how the season plays out.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
So for practical purposes it's more like 12.5M + 3.5 extra from buying out Neal (or Koskinen).

I'm kinda hesitant to include Klefbom in that because you have to be cap compliant on day 1 of the season, so you can't just free willy use that as bonus cap room.

There are two methods of LTIR. If push comes to shove we can use his full 4+ mill before day one. It’s not ideal but it’s an option.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Scorch, pow!
The “scorch” in question
tenor.gif

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Until we make other moves, it is. And even then, you can still assess it on its merits or lack thereof. Anyway, I'm done talking about keith.
I bet you aren’t done.

I bet you’ll keep bring it up.

Argue all you like about assessing it on its own merits. I’ll wait for the season to start to my judgement on if Keith can still play or not. It’s usless to say he’s done without seeing him in his new role.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Yeah the LTIR is a bit tricky. I was just trying to show that the cap friendly number, while technically accurate, has to be looked at closer.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I'm saying that you sitting there with your shopping list of what you think has to happen doesn't actually mean shit in the grand scheme of things. I keep seeing these lists of 5 to 7 changes that need to be made and can't help but laugh that people actually think turning over close to half the lineup is at all reasonable or the expectation and that we fail if they don't.

Ok cool good talk, very informative.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
K so ignore the fanbase that’s watched him for 16 years and deem it probable he’s done. No one will really know until we know. Let’s see how the season plays out.

Because fans are always objective evaluators of beloved franchise legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad