Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Come on Chia, Throw Hitch a Bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I don't think Hitch cared for Zykov.

Personally I think Hitch evaluates players both during games and during practices. It's why he moved Khaira up when his in game play wasn't that great. Moving Khaira up at the time was a good decision and one he decided on while watching him during practice.

Yes, that's exactly what I am thinking too. Zykov was Hitch call, exactly as Aberg was Todd's call.

I also think that Hitch wanted more toughness on D, and Drake was pretty bad after the coach change...

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Rishaugh trying to get Chia to suck his dick.

giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Petrovic is a better defensive dman that either Garrison or Wideman. Caggiula was a net negative. Yes he scored but he gave up way too much IMO.

This team has no secondary scoring and isnt getting any anytime soon. The only option was to try and shore up the defence a little for the interim.

No matter your opinion on Caggiula, was Brandon Manning really the player to target in exchange? Even if you thought Caggiula was straight up trash, I'm not sure how Manning helps at all, on or off the ice.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Gregor always speaks his mind.

Too bad he is wrong about as much as he is right. Caggiula was a net negative. Someone should let Gregor know that means he was involved in more goals against that he was able to score.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Is the D actually better though? Petrovic might be slightly better than Wideman, but Manning isn't better than Benning or Jones (or Russell for that matter). Plus they lost offense and a pick on top of all that.

I'm having a hard time seeing the rationale for the Caggiula move in particular.

Chia is kind of like that man down in Washington. He likes to make stupid moves after stupid moves so people can stop talking about his previous stupid move.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No matter your opinion on Caggiula, was Brandon Manning really the player to target in exchange? Even if you thought Caggiula was straight up trash, I'm not sure how Manning helps at all, on or off the ice.

Thats a different argument. I am suggesting that far too many posters are over valuing Caggiula to further fuel their vitriol for Chia.

Reactions: VincenzosOil

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Is the D actually better though? Petrovic might be slightly better than Wideman, but Manning isn't better than Benning or Jones (or Russell for that matter). Plus they lost offense and a pick on top of all that.

I'm having a hard time seeing the rationale for the Caggiula move in particular.

I might be wrong here, but I won't be surprised if Hitch likes Petrovic and Manning more than Benning (and definitely more than Wideman). As for Caggiula, he played well when Todd played him with McD, but he was pretty bad since Hitch took over. I don't think that Hitch liked Drake.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Gregor is the only person who isn't afraid to speak out on this one.

EDIT:

Willis is never afraid to speak out, but he isn't directly part of the MSM anymore.

I'm okay with Gregor criticizing the trade but lets be honest, Caggiula wasn't scoring much lately anyways. He wasn't adding much to the overall play of the team for quite some time.

Having said that, if you're trading him, you should be getting another youngish winger back not a shitty defenseman.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What if we interchanged these trades.

Caggiula and a 3rd for Petrovic.
Wideman and Garrison for Manning and Norell.

Does that make it look the same, better or worse?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Thats a different argument. I am suggesting that far too many posters are over valuing Caggiula to fuel their vitriol for Chia.

It's not a different argument. How is it a different argument? They were traded for each other. Naturally you would look to compare each player's actual and potential contributions/problems to the team now and moving forward.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Yes Caggiula is a net negative but so is Manning but for more money on the same term. That extra year is killer.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's not a different argument. How is it a different argument? They were traded for each other. Naturally you would look to compare each player's actual and potential contributions/problems to the team now and moving forward.

Come on Cloned...its not that complicated. Posters are over valuing Caggiula and allowing that to skew their jusdement overall.

As I have stated...I am quite certain that Hitch is involved with these deals and I trust his judgment more than I trust some fans in the Chicago HF board.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm content in the knowledge that Chia will be fired January 8th so these are just his last death throes as he grasps for survival on his way out... like a man writhing in flames as he's doused in gasoline and self immolates himself into oblivion.

At least that image pacifies me a little. Might be a bit dark. :)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I trust Hitchs judgment more than I trust Gregor.

If you read the tea leaves, perhaps Hitchcock will be here longer than just the remainder of the season if he is giving input on who to get rid of and what type of player to acquire.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I might be wrong here, but I won't be surprised if Hitch likes Petrovic and Manning more than Benning (and definitely more than Wideman). As for Caggiula, he played well when Todd played him with McD, but he was pretty bad since Hitch took over. I don't think that Hitch liked Drake.

The problem is that the GM targeted/acquired worse assets than the ones he gave up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

"want a free spooner? used to be an eberle!"

I actually like Spooner's skill more than Caggiula's. The issue with both him and Strome was/is the cap for what they bring.

For me the issue isn't that we traded Caggiula, it's that we blew our wad for a couple of bottom pairing defenders without any help up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad