Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Blues Open for Business? Parayko Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Thinking of Chicago, maybe there’s a deal there for Keith.

To Edm: Keith, Saad
To Chi: Lucic, Kassian, Puljujarvi, Nurse, Bear, 2nd

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Don't go to other teams boards and make proposals that's poor form.

Especially don't do that trying to get one of said team's darlings.

We are actually having a good convo. He is informing me of the problems in St Louis this year and what ownership is doing going forward. He thinks Pietrangelo might be available

And getting back to your "poor form". Its poor form when you go in and insult and heckle. Im curious on whats going on there. Lots of empty seats their at last game in St Louis. We are discussing that, not poor form bs

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

That's a lot of value going to Chicago for a 35 year old dman and a player on a bad contract

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I like Keith but he is 35 and still quite a few years on his contract. Saad deal for Panarin has been terrible. They said they did it because Toews hasn't been the same since they traded him the first time

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
That's a lot of value going to Chicago for a 35 year old dman and a player on a bad contract

Don’t miss the two bad contracts going out on our end. And Keith can still play not concerned about his age given how he works out and takes care of himself.

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Would Shumakov be a possibility? Not sure if he would be open to another NHL team, but we do not have the scoring depth impeding his opportunity that Washington did.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011

Keith is done. He’s taken a big step back this year.

This is a bad trade, we’re not that desperate to clear space.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Tbh the only way I see us getting rid of Lucic is by trading for Ryan.

Prior to July 1st Ryan for a 2nd round pick.

After July 1st 2nd round pick for Milan Lucic.

I see Ottawa potentially going for something like this.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Right shot D like Pesce on mid level deals with long term are worth far more than a massive project in PJ and a PTO riding a heater. D men are valuable as hell, you need depth on D and Carolina isn't going to give it up. Hell if they couldn't get Nylander with one of their D there is no chance we get one with PJ and Chaisson. Facts remain we have precious few trade chips to play to teams wanting offense because we have no offence to trade.

I feel it was more like Toronto couldn’t get one of their D with Nylander than the other way around.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I feel it was more like Toronto couldn’t get one of their D with Nylander than the other way around.
I actually see the Leafs going into the playoffs with their high octane offense. If they fail, they're going to take shot at signing Pietrangelo after next year when the salary cap increases to 85+ or so

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I don’t think Toronto was ever serious about trading him to begin with unless it was a killer deal. They needed to set the tone with their upcoming RFA group.

Either way PJ is at this point a project and not a prospect. He is not going to return much of anything meaning we are stuck trying to develop him. Chaisson is a PTO riding a hot streak that appears to be cooling off. That package gets you a legit 3rd pair D and not a D who is playing 3rd pair because of the great depth they have ahead of him. Like Winnipeg with Trouba a couple years ago the forum trade proposals (like most on fan forums mine included) are pretty much laughable.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Tbh the only way I see us getting rid of Lucic is by trading for Ryan.

Prior to July 1st Ryan for a 2nd round pick.

After July 1st 2nd round pick for Milan Lucic.

I see Ottawa potentially going for something like this.

Ryan with 1.25 retained for Lucic actually makes a lot of sense for both teams. We don’t gain cap, but get the more offensive player. They save millions of dollars for their cheap owner, and get a gritty leader to help the young guys

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Ryan with 1.25 retained for Lucic actually makes a lot of sense for both teams. We don’t gain cap, but get the more offensive player. They save millions of dollars for their cheap owner, and get a gritty leader to help the young guys

If they retain on Ryan that would be great but if they don't I think its still a good deal.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I would try to get Pesce from CAR.
Faulk and Hamilton are playing better than him right now making him a 3rd pairing Dman with limited offense.
Puljujarvi+Chaisson might get it done since like us they need scoring wingers.

Pulju with Aho connection
Can we stop trying to bring in defenseman who have zero offence to their game.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

I know you hate Nurse but this is still next level craziness. Keith and Saad are both done and their contracts are absolute trash. What is the rational here? Why do we want to pay Keith until he's 40?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Them retaining kills any value in making that deal for them.

They trade a useful player for a useless one and now you're taking away 3.75 million in incentives.

No reason to try to sell the grit and leadership stuff either. He hasn't brought that here or at least it hasn't helped, no reason to believe he'd make that difference there.

If they would consider it it'd have to be purely about money and that's why they have no reason to retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad