Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Are We Good Enough at 2RW?

Are We Good Enough at 2RW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The " Replace Yam" posts are hilarious. It's only 3 games into the season but this fanbase has found their new whipping boy. Eventually, he'll be run out of town and then it'll be regretted as usual
I wouldn't be so quick to say that, he's played a great 19 games two years ago and since then he's been very disappointing compared to expectations. On this team he has one place to play and thats 2nd line and if can't contribute there isn't room on the 3rd because that line seems set up and ready to go, and the 4th? well, hes too skilled and doesn't play the right way to contribute only getting 3-6 mins a game. So if the team does pass on him I don't think there would or should be regret it, If he can't piece it together on our second line why are regretting it? Pulji put it together and is shinning, I hope it happens for Yamo but if it doesn't I certainly won't have regrets, Its not like we are giving him chances. If he flourishes elsewhere like Petry, you just gotta be happy for the guy.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The " Replace Yam" posts are hilarious. It's only 3 games into the season but this fanbase has found their new whipping boy. Eventually, he'll be run out of town and then it'll be regretted as usual
When has this player ever established himself as an NHL regular? It's not even about 'replacing' him. His play dating back to over a year ago has him slowly losing his grasp on a top six role.

Like it or not, he's in a similar position as Bear was last season. Cap space is getting tighter, younger players are pushing for opportunities and the team is going to be prioritizing a competitive roster over sheltering a struggling young forward.

As it stands I have Yamamoto ahead of our first as the likeliest trade chip to be moved this season.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
When has this player ever established himself as an NHL regular? It's not even about 'replacing' him. His play dating back to over a year ago has him slowly losing his grasp on a top six role.

Like it or not, he's in a similar position as Bear was last season. Cap space is getting tighter, younger players are pushing for opportunities and the team is going to be prioritizing a competitive roster over sheltering a struggling young forward.

As it stands I have Yamamoto ahead of our first as the likeliest trade chip to be moved this season.
I could definitely see him being moved for say Phil kessel at the deadline. Kessel is a clear upgrade on yams for a playoff push and Arizona gets a young RFA that we probably wouldn’t sign anyways with Puljujarvi new contract and Holloway/bourgault on ELC

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I could definitely see him being moved for say Phil kessel at the deadline. Kessel is a clear upgrade on yams for a playoff push and Arizona gets a young RFA that we probably wouldn’t sign anyways with Puljujarvi new contract and Holloway/bourgault on ELC
I like that idea. Kessel would be great for a play-off run. He's won it all before. Can still play and I'm sure would be hungry to get off a tire fire. Works for Arizona too as Yamo would fit into the rebuild. And yeh.... it's looking like it'd come down to Yamo or Pulju next season anyways in terms of affordability.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Brassard with his 5th point tonight

Still don't see why we couldn't have offered him $1M in July. He's the exact consistent 30-40 point 3rd line center that we'll want to overpay for when the deadline hits. It's crazy he's been getting such low contracts these past couple years and we've had this hole for so long.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Still don't see why we couldn't have offered him $1M in July. He's the exact consistent 30-40 point 3rd line center that we'll want to overpay for when the deadline hits. It's crazy he's been getting such low contracts these past couple years and we've had this hole for so long.
I remember when Turris at $1.6m looked like that kind of steal....

The way I see it a LD and Goalie are higher on the wish list.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

And Derek Ryan has been horrible?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

His first 29 games. Even last year he played okay but not good in the scoring department. How the heck has he not shown he's an NHL player in your eyes?

Of course you do. Just like a lot of us had JP in our doghouse and wanted him gone for a 3rd round pick.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I remember when Turris at $1.6m looked like that kind of steal....

The way I see it a LD and Goalie are higher on the wish list.

Different to me. Turris was bought out by Nashville because he failed miserably on the Preds 3rd line. If he's not playing with skilled wingers he doesn't bring anything else to the table. We weren't sure what we were getting when we signed him.
Brassard wouldn't have had question marks heading into this season because he's been a solid, consistent 3rd liner that produces. And unlike Turris, has a winning percentage at faceoffs.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
His first 29 games. Even last year he played okay but not good in the scoring department. How the heck has he not shown he's an NHL player in your eyes?

Of course you do. Just like a lot of us had JP in our doghouse and wanted him gone for a 3rd round pick.
Because he's been catered to since he entered the league. He's been spoonfed regular minutes next to one of the greatest players in professional hockey and he's been 'not good in the scoring department' for more than two thirds of his games played there. What do you think happens when he loses that role?

Go look up Petr Prucha. And that guy scored 30 goals in his first year thanks to some time with Jagr in his prime. See what happened to him when the tap ran dry.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I liked Foegele-RNH-Kassian when they were together.

Or

Hyman-RNH-Kassian

Or

Foegele-RNH-Hyman

Lots of options. Hope Holloway is ready soon so he can add even more options.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad