Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Are We Good Enough at 2RW?

Are We Good Enough at 2RW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
As far the rumours for forwards go, I would expect we are only bringing in rentals, if we go big game hunting.

We will have 5 big, long-term contracts up front after we re-sign Pulju. I think it will be Holloway/Bourgault and cheap veteran contracts filling in any top 9 gaps that appear over the coming seasons. And that's okay.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If you can get a player back that's like a Hertle, Rakell or Gibson then hell yes pull the trigger. But, don't throw him away for crap just because he's had a bad couple of games.

If Yams doesn't get going this season, there are 3 options.

1) He and the team agree to another cheap deal like this and try it again
2) Trade him for futures in the off-season to replenish after we go all-in at the deadline
3) Trade him at the deadline so we are moving fewer picks/prospects to go on a run

I'm not sure if the first option happens. I imagine at that point, both parties want a change,

North

Jun 25, 2009
What's wrong with the 4th line? What are you talking about? He hasn't even played a full 82 game schedule with us.

I’m talking about the fact that a first round draft pick is not going to be thrilled to be in the bottom 6 (most likely the fourth line).

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’m talking about the fact that a first round draft pick is not going to be thrilled to be in the bottom 6 (most likely the fourth line).

He hasn't said anything about that. He's smart enough to know that he needs to improve. When he got his shift on the 4th line late in the third he had a great shift. Am I the only who noticed that?

Proko88

May 6, 2010
As far the rumours for forwards go, I would expect we are only bringing in rentals, if we go big game hunting.

We will have 5 big, long-term contracts up front after we re-sign Pulju. I think it will be Holloway/Bourgault and cheap veteran contracts filling in any top 9 gaps that appear over the coming seasons. And that's okay.
What do you think Puljujarvi’s next contract will look like?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Then maybe he should be better.

Also not all first rounders end up having the talent to be top 6 players.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He hasn't said anything about that. He's smart enough to know that he needs to improve. When he got his shift on the 4th line late in the third he had a great shift. Am I the only who noticed that?

He did have a good shift but this could very well be his last season with us. There are going to be prospects knocking on the door further pushing him off this roster.

I’m not advocating throwing him away but maybe if Driedger has a good season Seattle would be willing to do something around Yams for Driedger. Pluses wherever necessary.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
In other news, Smith on IR for a week.

Welcome back to Edmonton Stuart Skinner!

Feels like this could have been avoided if Tippett pulled Smith after the 4th goal, or better yet, managed the goalie tandem better and started Koskinen to begin with. Could have been a 6-3 game instead

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He did have a good shift but this could very well be his last season with us. There are going to be prospects knocking on the door further pushing him off this roster.

I’m not advocating throwing him away but maybe if Driedger has a good season Seattle would be willing to do something around Yams for Driedger. Pluses wherever necessary.

I don't think Seattle would just give Driedger away after 1 season. I would package Yam for a big time player for the top six, D or goaltending. If not, then there is no reason to do anything with him

North

Jun 25, 2009
I don't think Seattle would just give Driedger away after 1 season. I would package Yam for a big time player for the top six, D or goaltending. If not, then there is no reason to do anything with him

They have Grubauer and obviously need some forward talent.

Also Yams is from that area so they’d probably like a hometown guy although it’s probably not necessary from a marketing standpoint.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Then play better. If he thinks he's entitled to a spot beside McD or Drai then that's a bigger problem. He doesn't strike me as that type of player.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Then play better. If he thinks he's entitled to a spot beside McD or Drai then that's a bigger problem. He doesn't strike me as that type of player.

I do think he is driven. I’m not sure how he’ll react to a demotion but we’re basically earmarking him for a bottom six most likely bottom three role on this team.

I just don’t think that’s something he’d be okay with long term.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If Puljujarvi keeps this up we will need to dump Barrie or Keith next offseason. Possibly both. Yamo is as good as gone as soon as Holloway is established in the top 9. Hyman will move to the right side.

I know both these guys are injured in NJ right now, but what would a Miles Wood (2022 RFA) and Mackenzie Blackwood (2023 RFA) package cost? I’d offer Yamo, Koskinen, 1st, and one of Broberg/Samorukov. At least we’d have them for more than one season.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If Puljujarvi keeps this up we will need to dump Barrie or Keith next offseason. Possibly both. Yamo is as good as gone as soon as Holloway is established in the top 9. Hyman will move to the right side.

I know both these guys are injured in NJ right now, but what would a Miles Wood (2022 RFA) and Mackenzie Blackwood (2023 RFA) package cost? I’d offer Yamo, Koskinen, 1st, and one of Broberg/Samorukov. At least we’d have them for more than one season.
Wood isn't good and Blackwood is suffering form Archibald-esq heroism right now I believe, so he's useless to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad