Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Any further moves before opening night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
:D

Actually truth be known I prefer to read a paper version of something over an electronic version.
I would much rather read an actual book as opposed to a Kindle.

I guess I am just old school that way. :nod:
I prefer books over Kindle, but I prefer reading news on my phone over newspaper.

Hate having to wash my hands after reading.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
We just cleared 2 roster spots and close to 2m in cap space. I don't think it necessarily means a deal is coming now though. They may want to see how things work with what we have. This gives us flexibility at some point though, to make that sort of deal
Leaving room for Upshall....

Reactions: Del Preston

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Majeau and I were chatting about this today in Pro Am Sports. You can show your age by your favorite goaltender of the Oilers.

I was born in 83, so mine is Ranford. CornKicker, who is yours?
@CornKicker likes Roloson...rumor has it he was allowed to watch him up until 8:30 before bedtime. :D

My personal favorite is Cujo but I go back much further than that. :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: McChiaricolson

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Cornkicker likes Roloson...rumor has it he was allowed to watch him up until 8:30 before bedtime. :D

Ranford was my first goalie I actually knew as a kid, but I barely remember any of his great plays unfortunately.
Since I was 14 in '97, it was my first true playoff memory... that CuJo save on Nieuwendyk then the Marchant OT goal. Ronnie Lowe running to CuJo on the ice, saying "what a ****ing save!"

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ranford was my first goalie I actually knew as a kid, but I barely remember any of his great plays unfortunately.
Since I was 14 in '97, it was my first true playoff memory... that CuJo save on Nieuwendyk then the Marchant OT goal. Ronnie Lowe running to CuJo on the ice, saying "what a ****ing save!"

That save on Niewendyk is such a classic...even the call on the save is great. I didnt see the O/T goal when it happened...had a volleyball game. Had to catch it on the highlights...no Internet.
I was stunned when I heard that they won that series.

Reactions: McChiaricolson

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Cornkicker likes Roloson...rumor has it he was allowed to watch him up until 8:30 before bedtime. :D

lol i only put roloson because he was the last oilers goalie to just steal games and give hope. the 06 run reminded me of prime cujo or pre-belarus-slaphot to the dome salo.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
lol i only put roloson because he was the last oilers goalie to just steal games and give hope. the 06 run reminded me of prime cujo or pre-belarus-slaphot to the dome salo.

I hear you.
I was a big Roloson fan too...he was a breath of fresh air once he got his feet under him. So solid.
He doesnt get hurt then this team wins the SC.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
If he's slower than Maroon then do not want! I didn't realize he was that slow.

I like Jaskin and would put in a claim on him, in all my viewings he's certainly been faster than Maroon, but obviously doesn't finish anywhere near as well. Jaskin's a bit of an oddity to me though, his skill level seemed like it should net him more points than it actually does, like Chiasson's point production has been flat out better, but I like Jaskin more as a player he seems to drive possession more and is less mistake prone than Chiasson.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
These are largely the same guys that will Kool-Aid Man into any Faulk thread and will shout that he’s worth Puljujarvi or RNH until they’re blue in the face :laugh:
The above quotes and the following are all from one game.

Faulk still having a lot of issues, too many players get around him at the net with the puck

Best chance on the PP came for Nashville, thanks to an ill-advised Faulk pinch

ugh faulk

Incredibly sloppy game with way too many penalties. Canes got outplayed at 5-5 but still took one of the best teams in the league to OT.

I don’t really know what fearless leader Brindy was doing with the pairings and line combos. Foegele is probably going to top out as a 3rd line energy guy, right now he doesn’t belong on the 1st line, especially after all those penalties. And, as much as the team mgmt may not like it, Necas and Svechnikov need to play together. Hopefully they end up with something like this:

Zykov-Aho-Teravainen
McGinn-Staal-Williams
Ferland-Necas-Svechnikov
Foegele-Wallmark-Martinook

Not sure why they broke up Slavin and Hamilton, other than maybe just giving Slavin-Pesce a look. Hamilton needs to play with Slavin or de Haan, I’d say, to be most effective. Faulk, meh, looks like Faulk. I get playing him in the top 4 to showcase him, but he had some noticeable gaffes today.

The Faulk and Hamilton thing on the PP needs to go away too. They don’t seem to really know how to work with each other. If you’re going to keep Faulk around, why not put his bomb of a shot on one PP unit and Hamilton’s on another? The absence of Zykov’s big butt in front of the net was very noticeable too.

All in all though, considering the number of penalties and sloppiness of play, I’d of been satisfied with just a point today were the game to have counted. Like others have said, the team certainly has been entertaining to watch in 6 preseason games.

Yeah, if you’re going to place Svechnikov on the point, I’d rather have him play with Hamilton, and have Faulk play with Slavin.

LOL: “Faulk” voice-to-text = “fault”

Reactions: ChaoticOrange
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad