Proposal: Rumors and Proposals: There'll Be Time Enough For Counting When The Dealings Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I wonder if there's a chance we trade with San Jose. Their team is on 3 game streak but looked pretty bad up until this point and traded away their first round pick. Marleau wants out, the team is getting old. Might be time they start looking into a rebuild? McLellan knows their players and could help Chia in getting us some very useful players.

Burns and Wingels for RNH and Schultz?

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I wonder if there's a chance we trade with San Jose. Their team is on 3 game streak but looked pretty bad up until this point and traded away their first round pick. Marleau wants out, the team is getting old. Might be time they start looking into a rebuild? McLellan knows their players and could help Chia in getting us some very useful players.

If Burns gets traded it will be for an unprotected top pick... and other stuff

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

Better throw in Nikitin to sweeten the deal.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

IMO the only trade that would make sense would be an older player for a 1st. But I don't think SJ does that. If anything they would trade a prospect for a player, IMO and then trade Burns/Marleau (maybe) in the offseason.

I just don't see how you drop players when you're in the wildcard race

maybe; Lander and Nikitin for Chartier and a 4th aka random garbage depth moves.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Better throw in Nikitin to sweeten the deal.

Sure we can add a first round pick as well. Schultz for them is a huge downgrade but they are both RHD who are supposed to play an offensive game.

RNH is a way better player to have in your lineup than Wingels is. Oilers need more grit and more defence. San Jose has aging players and need younger talent. RNH being taught how to play C from Jumbo Joe would be big.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nonsense. We have a high pick maybe even first overall in what looks like a good draft at the top end. We have a top ten scorer in the league in Taylor Hall. We've got some other good pieces to add as well, Nurse, Drai, EB's, Nuge, Klefbom etc.

Don't give me this **** that we don't have the pieces to make a big move. We do.

We need to find a situation that allows us to utilize them to get the player we need. Those do happen and we absolutely need to be ready when it does.

You're talking about a #1 Dman, all situations minute muncher. Names like Pietrangelo and OEL.

IF the Oilers sell the farm, they can perhaps get those GMs to listen but unless it's McDavid, you're likely adding substantially to those players/picks to get Dmen of that caliber. #1 Dmen who are signed multiple years for very reasonable dollars.

The names that generally become available are complimentary top pairing Dmen like Buff, perhaps Shattenkirk and Hamonic (although that's a special situation).
Of course a #1 can shake loose if he requests a trade like Pronger but I don't see any situations like that on the horizon in present time but for the most part, the type of Dmen that the Oilers can realistically get are going to have some warts.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
IMO the only trade that would make sense would be an older player for a 1st. But I don't think SJ does that. If anything they would trade a prospect for a player, IMO and then trade Burns/Marleau (maybe) in the offseason.

I just don't see how you drop players when you're in the wildcard race

Could be done at the draft. Doesn't matter when it's done for me as long as it's before next season starts. ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad