Rumor: Rumors about trades that almost happened in the last deadline

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The Sabres have Dahlin and Power, I don't think they're too miffed on losing out on Chychrun at the expense of a guy they just drafted 9th.
Maybe they might need a top pairing defensemen more than they need a 5'9 winger? The fact that they weren't willing to move him for a top pairing 24 year defensemen is questionable at best.

Instead a rival picked him up for an incredibly low price.

Not smart.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Maybe they might need a top pairing defensemen more than they need a 5'9 winger? The fact that they weren't willing to move him for a top pairing 24 year defensemen is questionable at best.

Instead a rival picked him up for an incredibly low price.

Not smart.

How many #1D do they need?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Petry has been exactly what PIT needs.

Honestly he should be playing above Letang at this point.
good to hear! though i wouldn't tell Petry that; he seems to crumble when he has too much pressure. I saw it when he was with Edmonton and he was playing better than Weber (was in discussions for Norris for half a season) for a while until Weber "retired"; then it went downhill fast.

Interesting, as Montreal is thrilled with Matheson, at this point, and the consensus is Pettersson wouldn't have been as good a fit.

Matheson being a Montreal native does help, he clearly actively wants to be here.
And let's face it, he is getting more quality minutes than he could get behind Letang. I think he is playing too many minutes now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad